All reviews lake view dock patio bedroom units
Reviewed February 11, 2016

My family and I come here every year and rent the suites facing the lake. They have full kitchens with pots and pans. You can also BBQ on the large deck overlooking the private beach so you can keep an eye on the kids. Great family place to stay! The owner Sandra serves surprise BBQs occasionally and keeps the place clean and updated. Very pretty view of lake and very relaxing! Richard from Tsawwassen BC.

Room tip: Rooms with view of private beach and lake are best!
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2015 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was sort of nervous about this place however we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the sun beach motel!

-no the furniture isn't the nicest and the rooms aren't decorated like a 5 star hotel... It's a MOTEL in OSOYOOS so if you're there to stay in the room this might not be the place for you.. That being said everything was still clean, tidy, useable and useful.

-no spiders on the property as of now (trust me I checked)

-there is not a huge beach to play on for the kids however there is a nice patio and dock and plenty of beach farther down (2 minutes)

-no you cannot use your white hotel towel at the beach.. Boo hoo! Towels aren't for the beach.. Beach towels are! Which unfortunately the hotel does not provide but by knowing this now you can bring your own and use your hotel towels for bathing !

-the owner and her husband are sweethearts. running a motel in a busy town is hard and they do it with smiles on their faces. Management is always asking how you are doing and super friendly/helpful. Of course that being said we were always friendly so maybe that played a part in the situation?

-the cleaning staff is super sweet. We were well taken care of (garbage taken out, fresh towels, fresh soap and cleaning towels too). We did not need new sheets however all we needed to do was ask and it would be ours! She also took all out empties for us as well and was very friendly our whole stay.

Overall no complaints about our stay and I would definitely go back.

Hope this helps! (We stayed in a one bedroom suite 1 for 3nights)

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank brigra
Reviewed May 4, 2015

The owner Sandra is very accommodative,took extra care for my comfort.the room is clean with comfortable beds.My recommendation for cyclists if you have exhausted camping option this is the next best option in town.enjoy the beautiful lake view from the back of the motel.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Dev M
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in July this year and have nothing but good things to say. I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit on the second floor, that had been renovated not too long ago, and was clean, comfortable and reasonable. The staff and owner were always friendly, stopping to chat or ask if we had any concerns, which was nice compared to some of the reviews I had read. The beach area is small but has a very nice patio area to just laze around on. Our kids and us made the most of it, and the beach although small, was private, which made it really nice, that and it was a 10 second walk to our room.

Would I stay again?, absolutely I would. Just don't go there expecting the Watermark resort, its an old 60s motel that looks dated on the outside, but our two bedroom suite was just fine. The only issue the entire time was the iffy wifi, as we were located a long ways from the router. Other than that, no issues at all.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Ross B
Reviewed August 5, 2014

It was our 4th time staying at the Sun Beach Motel in Osoyoos. My wife and I had our honeymoon there five years ago and come back each year. Book early because all the rooms are booked for the long weekends during the summer. One year we were late booking and had to stay elsewhere. Our two bedroom suite faced the lake on a private beach. They have a dock as well to tie up your boat. The view and location can't be beat. The suite can sleep up to 6 and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law joined us. The suites have a full kitchen which is great because we bought fruit and produce from local orchards and farms and cooked great meals in our suite and the BBQs provided on the patio next to the beach. Sandra is the owner and will do all she can to make your visit an eventful one. We stayed August 1-4 and have already booked for next year. That way we can get our favourite room with a perfect view of the lake. Our neigbour has been there 10 years in a row and brings his family, boat and friends. It's a great place for kids because the water is shallow and they can jump off the dock into waist deep water. It's a 10 minute walk to downtown for shopping and restaurants along the lake promenade. This is the place to stay in Osoyoos in my opinion. It has everything! Just sit back and relax. The water was crystal clear while we were there with lots of watersports going on. People were skiing and wake-boarding at 6:30 AM. Lots of wildlife! Eagles dive bomb into the lake for fish. Fishing is good as well. They have Bass, Salmon, Trout, Kokanee, Sunfish, Steelhead and Carp in the lake. Something for everyone.

Room tip: Rooms and suites facing the lake are best.
Date of stay: August 2014