We were fortunate to spend New Year's at the resort. From the Customer Service staff to the bar/dining staff, we were treated as royalty. The Welcome Centre depicts the true cultural experience of the Okanagan First Nation People. The entire resort has large windows that open up to view the Osoyoos Lake, the vineyard and to the adjacent mountains. The colour scheme for the resort is very warm, earthy and soothing.
Make sure to sample some of the wine from the N'kmip Vineyard while you are there. The Tasting Room is adjacent to the Welcome Centre and Dining/Lounge area. An awesome white wine is called Dreamcatchers!
Our suite was well appointed with anything we needed for meals and for experiencing the facilities. We even braved the hot tub at -7C on NYEve with the use of the large, warm terry robes supplied.
The resort is pet friendly and there are all kinds of walking trails to use. We will return in warmer temperatures to see how things differ from winter time, since the resort is open year round.
Only one minor comment is that the shower head is very high on the wall, and it is difficult to reach it to bring it down to a lower height for a short person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4.5-star Spirit Ridge at Nk'Mip Resort celebrates its natural desert cultural landscape.Our accommodation is a 226-condominium 1, 2 & 3-bedroom style hotel nestled between Anarchist Mountain and Lake Osoyoos. Situated on Osoyoos Indian Band land, we celebrate our resort partner's amenities and destination attractions. The Nk'Mip Desert Cultural Centre is a hub of information on the Okanagan people where you can immerse yourself in Aboriginal Events and cultural ceremonies. The Nk'Mip Cellars are an award-winning vineyard and winery, right on the Resort. They provide in depth tours and daily wine tastings. Just down the hill is the Nk'Mip RV Park and Campground, a year-round heated playground for an active Snowbird Community. In the summer, there is a Cantina on the Lake where you can take a water taxi across to town - or invite friends to you. The challenging 9-hole Sonora Dunes golf course has a clubhouse (opening year-round shortly) and Pro Shop. The view from the tee boxes envelop the backdrop of the rugged mountain, the Lake below and a beautiful scene of the Spirit Ridge adobe-style buildings dotted with wrought iron icons, native to the area. We have a full service spa on site Solterra Desert Spa who are open year-round, waiting to pamper locals and visitors alike. Our resort weddings are becoming legendary. Photo opportunities exist from every viewpoint with the spectacular vineyard stretching out like arms to the sun, up the hill. Meander between wild desert sage, catch a glimpse of a wild herd of horses, laze in one of our outdoor pools or hot tub and wonder, "why didn't I get here sooner". Experience Nk'Mip hospitality at it's best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort And Spa
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Hotel Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Osoyoos
- Spirit Ridge Osoyoos