“Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Langley
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Langley City
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This hotel is great for business travelers like myself. Great staff, breakfast is always good and lots of restaurants within a couple of miles of the hotel. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ribmasterrich

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I accidentally booked the wrong date for my trip though an online service (no changes or refunds of course!). When I arrived I was surprised to hear that my reservation was not until the next night. Michelle at the front desk encouraged me to contact the service provider anyhow and see if they would change the dates and provided me with the hotel phone to make the call. She then spoke with the service provider and agreed to waive all fees the provider was going to charge (on behalf of the hotel). There was a room price increase because it was for a different day of the week, so to compensate she upgraded me from a standard room to a suite. Before making the change though, she first asked if I was a light sleeper, as the room was a bit closer to the highway.

It took over 45 minutes to resolve this with the service provider....but Michelle was awesome through it all. Helpful and friendly, not just to me, but everyone else she served during that 45 minutes .... and it was a busy 45 minutes.

Would definitely go back again and highly recommend Holiday Inn Express Langley to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I recently spent the better part of a week at the Holiday Inn Langley. Great location to highways for ease of travel and lots of great dining options in the immediate area. A paper at your door and a very good breakfast experience off the lobby.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank John V
YLGCA, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Langley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear John V

Greetings From The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Langley

So glad to read that you enjoyed our service, amenities and facilities. With a welcoming spirit and comfortable accommodations, we strive to make each guest's stay memorable.

Thank you for sharing your impressions. We look forward to your next visit!

From All The Staff

At The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Langley

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I always pick this one if I am staying close to home. The staff is great, the rooms are nice, you can't hear the sounds from other rooms or the hallway, and the breakfast is good.

Room Tip: I tend to prefer rooms that face the parking lot
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
YLGCA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Langley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Steph,

Thank you for your positive feedback and for your continued support at our hotel! We are pleased that you have enjoyed our rooms, amenities, breakfast, and service here. We will continue our effort in providing a home away from home for all our guests.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Nice staff, good parking, comfy clean rooms. Never been let down and we stay here a lot. Ricky's restaurant right next door for great breakfasts. Very convenient hotel location right across from McDonalds and the huge movie theatre, great shops, and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
YLGCA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Langley, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

We sincerely appreciate your review, rating, and continued patronage at our hotel! We are indeed very conveniently located in the heart of the Walnut Grove area and surrounded by countless restaurants and shopping experiences. We are delighted to learn that you are taking full advantage of our convenient location. Please come back to see us again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 8 January 2012

I'm not the type to write a review on a suburban chain hotel but this one merits that distinction. This is a new hotel in a fairly new area and they had a lot more amenities than I'm used to from a typical HIE. The room was slightly above average, with nice bathroom shelving and complimentary robes/slippers. I liked the breakfast area being segregated from the lobby a bit, makes you feel a bit more at home. I must say the breakfast left much to be desired which is probably the only issue I saw.

Okay, back to the amenities. Their lower level had entire locker rooms, with a large pool, hot tub, sauna, and even a steam room! They also had PriorityClub parking near the door which was a nice touch. I think it's these types of things that I consider special, which gets the "Excellent" rating from me!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MySalsa

Thank you very much for your detailed review and excellent rating! It means a lot to us, especially coming for a senior contributor! Our Management and Ownership are passionate about our hotel and have invested in a number of amenities at our fully refreshed hotel that can hopefully deliver an engaging and comfortable experience to every guest! Please come see us again soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed 3 January 2012

You kind of know what to expect from a Holiday Inn. Very consistent service, price and room comfort. We stayed there with a group of our kids in a hockey tournament and were overall pleased over than the fact that they ran out of food for our breakfast. They probably should have known how many people would be staying there and probably should have ordered enough food. Room was clean. Service was OK. Person at the front desk was a little "uppity" at times. Kids enjoyed the pool.

Room Tip: The sofa pull out beds are brutal!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you are finding comfort and consistency in the Holiday Inn Brand as these are the elements we focus on with our immense volume of rooms worldwide. We are extremely sorry that breakfast food supplies had fell short that morning in terms of quantity. I assure you that this just a one time accident, as we do have an established routine of food ordering with respect to room and occupants forecast. We try our best to order enough but not to the territory of overstocking which can lead to food waste. Unfortunately at times unexpected consumptions do happen however this is a very rare occurrence. Our sofa beds are all brand new and they do have a step by step mechanism for the users in order for it to open/close thoroughly. I do apologize for the inconvenience and please do not hesitate to contact Guest Services when such challenges arise.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langley City
13.8 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 11 in Langley City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Langley? Share your experiences!