“being renovated-probably do better elsewhere” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Langley Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Langley Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Langley City
BC
“being renovated-probably do better elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

My sister and I spent a night here last weekend while attending a family gathering in Langley. It's location was great and we'd both stayed here before. We checked in very late, almost midnight and discovered that the hotel is in the midst of extensive renovations. Nothing was mentioned on the website or I would not have booked here. The rooms were ok but the hallways were ripped up, there were no railings on the staircase and no elevators available. This wouldn't have mattered since we were staying on the first floor but the continental breakfast was served on the second floor. There was also very little sound proofing. I think hotels should be required to say when they are in the midst of renovations. We mentioned our unhappiness when we checked out but still paid the full amount. If you want to stay here make sure you ask if the renovations are finished.

Stayed September 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Chilliwack, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

Stayed there for two nights while attending a conference in the Langley area. Found the room to be quite comfortable with room to move around and the bed very comfortable to lay down on after a long day. The continental breakfast was okay although nothing to write home about, a good way to keep costs down and start the day.

There is a restuarant in the hotel however note that it is idependently owned and operated.

Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2009

Stayed here for 11 nights while searching for somewhere to live in Langley. The room rate was similar to other hotels in the area, but includes a continental breakfast. This is served in a small room on the second floor, which can get very crowded as large groups (usually school sports teams) have a habit of all turning up for breakfast at the same time. Try to go before 7:30am. There is also an ABC country resurant adjoining the hotel, otherwise all other nearby resturants are in Langley centre.

The hotel is located around 15 minutes walk from Langley city centre, in a largely desolate area. From there, the centre of Vancouver can be accessed by public transport in about 1.5 hours, by getting the 502 bus then transferring to the skytrain at Surrey. By car it takes around 45 mins outside rush hour to get to central Vancouver or the airport.

Staff were always friendly and helpful. There is a "business centre", which consists of one computer with a printer in a tiny little room next to reception. I stayed in two different rooms during my stay, both were large and always very clean.

The hotel is located at a fairly busy road intersection, but the main noise comes courtesy of the canadian pacific railroad a few hundred yards away. I found myself frequently awoken in the early hours by rumbling and hooting, which seamed to go on forever due to the length of the trains.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
St. John's, Newfoundland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2008

We stayed here on January 2, 2008 and since there were no other rooms available, we had to take a no smoking room. We checked in at 7:30 pm, went to bed and we immediately left for the airport when we got up the next morning. I do not smoke, however my husband does. He assured me that he did not smoke during the night. When I received my visa bill there was a $300. charge for smoking in the room. Even on the off-chance that he did smoke, surely it did not cost $300. for the staff to spray Febreeze in the room, which I am sure is all they do. When I contacted the hotel to tell them that no one had smoked in the room and maybe the smell was from the clothing and luggage, they said "Well, we think someone smoked in the room and there is nothing we can do about the charge". Well there is something I can do about it ......... I will never stay at a Best Western Hotel again. We have stayed at many hotes (including Best Western) and never have we been treated like this. They think it is fine for them to charge you the $300. when you are on the other end of the country and cannot go there to dispute it.

S. Maher

Douglas
Coast Hotel & Convention Centre
Coast Hotel & Convention Centre
#3 of 11 in Langley City

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Langley Inn? Share your experiences!