Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Fabulous time with the amazing huskies

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
carmenoshea
San Francisco, California
STUNNINGGGGGG

Reviewed October 3, 2018
petography
Perth

All reviews hot cider hour tour frozen lake express tour apple cider sled ride an amazing experience brownie once in a lifetime bucket list spray lakes halfway point longer tour from australia highlight of our trip banff area half way
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our family had the most wonderful tour this past weekend. We got to spend lots of time meeting and playing with the huskies, both on and off leash. We also learned about their breeds, habitat, feeding, and personalities. Our guide Luke was fantastic - knowledgeable, capable, and warm with us, including 8 & 10 year old kids and Grandma. This was honestly the highlight of our Banff trip, which was quite unexpected! The dogs are magnificent animals, and it was very special to be able to pet them, play with them, and learn all about them. We're grateful for the excellent care Snowy Owl provides them all year round and can't wait to return for a sled trip this winter!

Reviewed October 5, 2018

My travel partner was not feeling well and I had some time to myself and decided to do this tour. I went to the office and was very lucky to get the last seat on the tour. The tour was informative and really enjoyed learning about the different breeds. I love dogs but there are times when they can be overwhelming in their affection for you. The end was a little rushed in how much time can be spent with the puppies but of course there is never enough puppy time

Reviewed October 3, 2018

We loved our 2 hour tour. The dogs were amazing and the views were just breathtaking. Highlight for me was cuddling the Dogs before and after the sled ride!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Visited Banff in February 2018 and was looking to do something out of the ordinary! It was an amazing experience. The dog sledding was an amazing way to view the beauty of the Canadian Rockies and learn how to lead a dog sled. The guides were so helpful and informative and the dogs were hardworking and so sweet!

Our next trip to Banff we are definitely coming back! It is the thing our friends asked about the most when we returned!

Reviewed September 28, 2018

My husband and I did this tour on Sunday and had a great time seeing where my brother worked a few winters ago. Aaron was very knowledgeable and was great with the dogs and it was a tonne of fun being around all of the dogs during free run and playing with the puppies. The puppies are definitely still learning their manners such as not to untie shoelaces, not to play with zippers or pull people's hair but that is to be expected with dogs that young.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Do you love dogs? Do you especially love big dogs? The Summer Kennels tour is going to be heaven for you!

Start at the tour office, get a complimentary shuttle bus to the kennels and then spend one and a half glorious hours with ALL the sled dogs in their summer enclosure!

The dogs are ecstatic to see you, so make sure you wear clothing that you don't mind getting a bit muddy/dusty because they can jump up a bit to try and get pats! They're not aggressive, and your guide will make sure that any dogs that are shy or not feeling it are left alone.

You'll be there when one side of the kennels is having free running time, so you will be literally surrounded by happy fluffers all vying for your attention!

Your guide will also educate you on the different breeds of sled dogs and how they work as a team in the wintertime. Don't worry, that's done in the yard too, so you can spend the entire time giving some top quality behind the ears scritches.

I cannot recommend this tour enough, get your big dog fix! They're all so friendly and happy it's amazing to see. I hope one day I can return during winter to see them all in action, but the summer kennels is definitely not a poor trade off if you're visiting Canmore outside of the snow season.

The info provided by the guides is 100% accurate though - wear casual clothing you don't mind getting a bit dirty, and make sure you love dogs, if you're unsure around large dog breeds, I would not recommend the summer tour just because you may find it a bit confronting when a 5ft+ tall Malamute puts her paws on your chest and demands pats! They're extremely friendly and very safe, absolutely not aggressive to humans, but to get the most out of the summer tour you should be comfortable in a crowd of big pups!

A huge thank you to our guide from today, Megan who was hugely informative :) and to all the amazing dogs!

3  Thank Eloise P
Reviewed August 26, 2018

My family loved being surrounded by slobbering huskies and petting the puppies. Clearly well cared for and the interaction helps to ensure that the dogs are well habituated. You have to be a dog lover to visit, but if you are, this might just be a corner of paradise!

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend for anyone who enjoys being around dogs. We were so fortunate to be on a tour to the facility that was quite small. Only 5 of us to 183 dogs. The Dog Days of Summer tour gives you 1.5 hours up close and personal with these amazing creature. Learn about them and their winter jobs . We got to see their sole litter of pups this year. Named after the Addams Family. Fun and Very interesting visit (as well as good for the heart & soul.) !!!!Warning ⚠️ take their caution seriously if you have any kind of phobia around dogs, this is very up close and personal with extremely friendly and social animals.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Today my family (including 2 kids ages 9 and 11) went on the Summer Kennel tour. It's a quick bus drive from the office to the kennel. From there, we were greeted by all the beautiful Huskies anxiously waiting. We were able to pet and cuddle them. Jessie was our tour guide and she was very informative. All of the staff were so friendly. I am amazed how they are able to remember all of the dogs' names and each personality. They all have a passion for taking care of these dogs. At the end of the tour, we were able to spend some time with the puppies who were 7 weeks old.
This is one of the best things we've done in Banff!

Reviewed August 18, 2018

My college age daughter and I went on Snowy Owl's kennel tour and it was amazing. The opportunity to interact with so many dogs was a once in a lifetime experience. The dogs are obviously well trained and cared for. It's impressive that the staff know the names of each dog and individual facts about them. The tour ended by playing with a 6 week old litter of puppies that were adorable! Plan to wear clothing that can get dirty and full of dog hair (but it's well worth it!). We would like to come back for a sled dog ride in the winter. This tour is a must for anyone who loves dogs!