Stayed for only 1 night thankfully. Stay got off to a bad start when we arrived at the reception desk to check in at circa 4pm. Had to wait for the man on the desk to finish his social discussion with a colleague. Then told room was not ready and he would search for a room of the same category. We weren't interested just wanted our room!
Once allocated a room - in the annex away from main building, was told there was a "resort charge" of c$ 15 per night. This was the first time we had heard of this extra charge, which was not on any of the booking or confirmation documentation we had received. Had no option but to pay the extra charge, but resolved not to be charged for anything else. Subsequently ate our evening meal and breakfast at restaurants in Canmore.
As regards the room itself. Good powerful shower. A few of the tiles in the shower were cracked. Generally the room was clean and all facilities worked.
Lack of noise insulation in room. Was woken early at circa 6am, by guests in room above generally walking around in their room.
Corridor outside the room was messy. One of the ceiling tiles had been removed with debris on the floor, which was cleared during the time of our stay, but the tile was still absent as we were leaving.
Used the pool during our stay. Good pool but had to use the washroom to get changed.
Did mention our concerns to the 2 members of staff who were on the reception desk as we checked out,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Grande Rockies Resort - a unique resort hotel in Canmore, Alberta. Set amidst the majestic mountains of Banff National Park, the resort offers the incredible standards and service of a luxury boutique hotel and the personal comforts of a grand vacation home.The Grande Rockies Resort in Canmore features more than 136 standard, one- and two-bedroom suites and penthouses, most complete with fully-featured kitchens, in-suite washer and dryer, spa-inspired bathrooms and designer décor & amenities. At your service night and day is a full team of hotel professionals capable of handling any request. Superbly situated in the foothills of the Rockies right in the alpine village of Canmore, Grande Rockies Resort is ideal for golf, ski and outdoor adventure enthusiasts. Or, simply hang out by the indoor pool with waterslide, kids pool and hot tub or get active in the fabulous fitness centre. Corporations will appreciate Grande Rockies Resort's well-appointed meeting and conference facilities, serviced by our team of conference specialists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grande Rockies Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Rockies Hotel Canmore
- Grande Rockies Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts Canmore, Alberta