I was so excited when my boyfriend told me that he had booked a room at the Stoneridge to celebrate our 5 year anniversary! He gave me the room description to look at as we departed our home. " One Bedroom King Suite." SWEET! I read further... "deck or patio with exceptional mountain views." Really? Sounds so peaceful! There is says it again..."Suites feature amazing mountain views of the famed Three Sisters, Ha Ling, Rundle Range or Courtyard and Pool views." I could barely wait to check in! A three hour drive later and a lot of anticipation for the romantic weekend that we were going to have in our mountain get-away! Eeeeeee! We park the truck in the heated parking, went up to our third floor room, opened the door, ran to the window to open the blinds, and there it was....a frickin' wall of condos! Really? My heart sank! No where in the descriptions did it say that there were spectacular views of a condo. My boyfriend was mortified, so I called the front desk and asked if we could please be moved somewhere that has a "view." The front desk person was not happy with my request and told me that she would phone me back. I explained to her that it was our anniversary and how disappointed I was with the view. 20 minutes later she called back and in a less than enthusiastic voice told me that she had a pool view room that we could take a look at. By that time, we had already accepted our fate with the overpriced room with a crappy view and were getting ready to go our for our anniversary dinner in Banff. I have never felt so small in my life as I did when the lady talked to me. No empathy what so ever. The next day and night, my afternoon nap and relaxing bath was ruined by a gaggle of screaming, stampeding, ice throwing, window banging teenaged girls. After three conversations with the front desk, it ended. My peaceful and romantic get-away was ruined. To boot, the girls belonged to an condo owner's friend, as the front desk told me. Yup! You heard right! This is not just a hotel, the condo units are being sold. On the positive side, the room was amazing and had everything that you needed to hunker down for the weekend. The washer and dryer were life savers! I guess I should have taken the hint from the bag full of garbage that was left on the kitchen counter from the cleaning ladies when we first walked in the room, that is was going to be a weekend full of the wrong kind of surprises. Pay the extra money for a view room, but management should be ashamed that they mislead customers to believe that "ALL" rooms have exceptional views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-suite luxury condominium resort hotel nestled in the Canadian Rockies. 5-minute drive to Banff National Park. All suites incl. Full gourmet kitchen, fireplace, 42" & 32" HDTV’s, Ipod stereo, electronic safe, in Suite laundry & gas BBQ. Outdoor Heated pool, Hot Tub and Fitness Center. Available Wi-Fi and heated underground parking. Meeting, Banquet and Reception rooms available. Ridge Cafe (licenced)open daily serving up light meals, baked goods and specialty coffees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoneridge Mountain Hotel Canmore
- Stoneridge Mountain Resort By CLIQUE Canmore, Alberta