“Stylish, clean, and reasonable.”

Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Calgary, Canada
“Stylish, clean, and reasonable.”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is the third time we've stayed at Stoneridge Mountain Resort. The suites are modern, clean, and practical (4 person table and living room seating, kitchen with all the dishes/utensils/appliances, and a BBQ.) The staff are professional, friendly, helpful, and yet unobtrusive. The heated pool and hot tub have plenty of room, and there is a beautiful deck area around the pool to sunbathe or relax. We've enjoyed both inside(pool facing) and outside (street/mountain facing) suites. The decks are large and have seating so you can soak up the sun and scenery. The location is within walking distance to town, and near the *FANTASTIC* Canmore pathways. Free underground parking is a great bonus, too! If you can, choose the pre-pay and save pricing.

Room Tip: If you are disturbed by noise, ask not to be placed above the underground parking entry. There is a...
2 Thank RaceRunner
StoneRidge_Resort, General Manager at Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear RaceRunner,
Thank you for choosing the StoneRidge Mountain Resort while staying in Canmore. Many of our guests appreciate how close we are to Canmore’s fantastic pathway system and how easy it is to stock up at either one of our two major grocery stores for a fun & relaxing weekend. We hope to extend our hospitality to you again on your next trip, and thank you for sharing with Trip Advisor!
Edward Keenan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Korean first
Edmonton,ab
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed here for a weekend getaway, very nice staff, comfortable beds, and beautiful rooms. The pool and hot tub were great. Underground parking was a plus! Every room has their own full sized bbq and full kitchen! We loved our stay and will be coming back!

• Stayed April 2012
Hello butterfy1205
Our team is proud to be the #1 hotel in Canmore and the Canadian Rockies. We look forward to welcoming you back to the StoneRidge Mountain Resort on your next stay, and appreciate you for sharing your positive experience with the Trip Advisor Community.
Cantley, Qc
Reviewed 26 April 2012

If you are looking for the perfect place to stay in Canmore, look no further. These suites are as advertised, they are gorgeous, spacious and practical.

We had a room with pool view and the mountains in the backdrop. We didn't pay for the "Views" option, so we were glad we had some nice views. Our room had vaulted ceilings and the great kitchen and bbq inspired us to make some very good sterling grade steaks from the local supermarket.

I have stayed in many hotels, and this is definitively in my top 5. If ever i return to Canmore, and the prices are the same, I will absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have vaulted ceilings
1 Thank valerie_c_vfh
Dear Valerie_c_vfh,
Wow, thank you for your great review. Our team can be proud of the service and hard work that goes into every one of our guest stays. I hope that you will decide to visit Canmore again someday, and when you do, we look forward to once again extending our hospitality to you.
Kitscoty
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The staff was nice. Everything that you want is there, it was just like being at home. Only draw back is that there was no restaurant.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
StoneRidge_Resort, General Manager at Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Nathan G,
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit, as we are very excited to be opening the new Ridge Café on May 18th. The Ridge Café will feature breakfast and lunch to begin with, and there are also plans to open in the evenings as a wine and dessert bar this summer. Stay tuned to our Facebook and Website for the latest developments.
Thank you for sharing with the Trip Advisor Community, and we look forward to extending our hospitality to you again soon.
Calgary
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We just spent a weekend in a one bedroom suite and it was perfect. The staff was always willing to please, the suite itself had pretty much everything that you needed, in fact it was a shame we were only staying for a couple of nights as we really did nto have a chance fully utilze the suite and the pool area was a great place to meet people and enjoy a beverage.

I would seriously think about staying here for an extended period of time and we just live in Calgary. The cafe will round out the services to make it THE place to stay.

Room Tip: I would face the pool for the best view.
Hello Albertaguy,
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at the StoneRidge Mountain Resort. I am pleased to learn that our amazing staff was able to ensure all your needs were taken care of promptly.
I must agree that our year round outdoor pool area is a great place to socialize and relax with friends. It will be even better this summer with more furniture, heaters and umbrellas. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.
Edward A. Keenan
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I more than enjoyed my stay here. The room was incredible. The veiw well I have lots of pictures to tresure for many years to come. The staff were very helpful in answering my questions of where to go for food and entertainment too. It was easy to find and close to all services but far enough away to keep it quiet and away from the towns noise. Just a great weekend. 5 stars across the board. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Tmak27
Our team’s goal is to assist our guests in taking home a mountain experience that they will cherish a lifetime, and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your glowing review, and we can’t wait to welcome you back again on your next trip to the Canadian Rockies!
Edward A. Keenan
Alberta
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I was so excited when my boyfriend told me that he had booked a room at the Stoneridge to celebrate our 5 year anniversary! He gave me the room description to look at as we departed our home. " One Bedroom King Suite." SWEET! I read further... "deck or patio with exceptional mountain views." Really? Sounds so peaceful! There is says it again..."Suites feature amazing mountain views of the famed Three Sisters, Ha Ling, Rundle Range or Courtyard and Pool views." I could barely wait to check in! A three hour drive later and a lot of anticipation for the romantic weekend that we were going to have in our mountain get-away! Eeeeeee! We park the truck in the heated parking, went up to our third floor room, opened the door, ran to the window to open the blinds, and there it was....a frickin' wall of condos! Really? My heart sank! No where in the descriptions did it say that there were spectacular views of a condo. My boyfriend was mortified, so I called the front desk and asked if we could please be moved somewhere that has a "view." The front desk person was not happy with my request and told me that she would phone me back. I explained to her that it was our anniversary and how disappointed I was with the view. 20 minutes later she called back and in a less than enthusiastic voice told me that she had a pool view room that we could take a look at. By that time, we had already accepted our fate with the overpriced room with a crappy view and were getting ready to go our for our anniversary dinner in Banff. I have never felt so small in my life as I did when the lady talked to me. No empathy what so ever. The next day and night, my afternoon nap and relaxing bath was ruined by a gaggle of screaming, stampeding, ice throwing, window banging teenaged girls. After three conversations with the front desk, it ended. My peaceful and romantic get-away was ruined. To boot, the girls belonged to an condo owner's friend, as the front desk told me. Yup! You heard right! This is not just a hotel, the condo units are being sold. On the positive side, the room was amazing and had everything that you needed to hunker down for the weekend. The washer and dryer were life savers! I guess I should have taken the hint from the bag full of garbage that was left on the kitchen counter from the cleaning ladies when we first walked in the room, that is was going to be a weekend full of the wrong kind of surprises. Pay the extra money for a view room, but management should be ashamed that they mislead customers to believe that "ALL" rooms have exceptional views.

6 Thank bumblebe
StoneRidge_Resort, General Manager at Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Bumblebe,
Our goal is to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay, and as many Trip Advisor Members have noted, our team is very successful in exceeding many of our guest’s expectations. I am sorry to learn that you did not accept our offer to move you to a room with a better view 20 minutes after you voiced your displeasure with the first view. Readers should know that Canmore is surrounded by the Majestic Canadian Rockies, and the mountains can be seen from every one of our suite’s balconies, regardless of location. (You just have to look up) Some views are unobstructed, and definitely more spectacular than others, which is why we offer Premium Mountain View Suites for only an extra $24.95 per day. Thank you for sharing with the Trip Advisor Community, and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to extend our hospitality to you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canmore
0.1 km away
1.3 km away
Holiday Inn Canmore
Holiday Inn Canmore
#13 of 28 in Canmore

Been to Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE? Share your experiences!