All reviews loft bedroom small kitchenette would stay here again jetted tub sitting room light sleeper coffee maker beds were very comfortable canadian rockies microwave fireplace mountains banff sofa ski television canada
Reviewed May 31, 2018

I am on a tour of Canada and we stopped here for two nights. My room on the third floor was divided into three sections; firstly was a kitchenette with microwave, fridge , sink, coffee maker ,TV and a comfy sofa and chairs; secondly a bathroom with bath, shower and toiletries and finally a bedroom with a big tv facing the roadside. I could shut the bedroom door and shut out any noise from the corridor- the bed was big & comfy and I was able to watch tv in bed- channels 23 and 43 provided movies and channel 18/19 was weather. There is also free wifi for catching up on emails etc.

I was able to have a lovely hot bath and relax. Later, I sat and watched movies from my bed.

I also made use of the swimming pool to stretch out my back. the pool was small but great for a quick and relaxing swim. there was also fitness equipment available.

On a tour getting a good night's sleep is important and my room facing the road provided that. Nick on reception was helpful with local recommendations.

This isn't a particularly modern or luxurious resort but for me it was comfortable , clean and provided me with a good swim and a good night's sleep. I would recommend for a short stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front - the back is near the railway line
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
GMChateauCanmore, General Manager at Quality Resort Chateau Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Quality Resort Chateau Canmore.

Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to review our property.

We appreciate it.

Regards, Donna Trautman

Reviewed May 29, 2018

In an area that truly features full-fledged 4 and 5 star resort hotels, this facility misses the mark completely to be described as a “resort”. It begins with a single elevator that services 4 floors with more than 100 rooms, and is used by both residents and hotel cleaning/servicing staff (only large enough for one cleaning/resupply cart plus staff member). Extreme long waits. Room receives perfunctory cleaning. No instructions for TV channels. Long lineup at checkout and bill could not be printed due to “computer issues”. Room very close to railway - awoken several times by trains. No standard of dress for front desk staff - on check-in, the man on duty was in a dishevelled, unkempt state highlighted by an unpressed, seemingly dirty shirt. Place hardly displays any resort characteristics and appears to be milking its Rockies’ location to the fullest - very overpriced for quality provided.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
GMChateauCanmore, General Manager at Quality Resort Chateau Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Dear Guest,
Greetings from the Quality Resort Chateau Canmore.
We apologize for missing the mark in a number of ways. Sometimes things happen at the most inopportune times. Our brand new elevator has finally been installed. This was a major inconvenience to our guests and our staff. Gladly we are operational again.
Thank you also for bringing the various issues to our attention. We are aware of our shortcomings and are working towards correcting them.
If you would like to discuss this further, please do call me. I would be happy to speak with you.
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We do appreciate it.
Regards,
Donna Trautman

Reviewed May 20, 2018

We stayed for 2 nights while on our trip across Canada. Hotel prices went up greedily from $113 to $169 overnight, just to embrace the Victoria Day Weekend. For that price, you should expect to be pampered a little bit. We found the room to be fairly nicely equipped, but definitely in need of an upgrade. The carpets are worn, towels are thin, baseboards are dusty and peeling and there is only 1 elevator. The windows need to be cleaned, their could be a spectacular view, but it is hard to enjoy. The location of this hotel is amazing, and, we would have been happy to pay $385 for 2 nights if the property was upgraded and a wee breakfast was included in the price. Shame on you for taking advantage of families! No discounts are entertained on weekends, apparently. Greedy?
That is what the front desk rep said, but we did not find them overly helpful to start. Both gentlemen that we spoke with showed no interest in our comfort, our travels or our concerns about pricing. We just decided to get on with it and pay the exorbitant price. Word to the wise.....Don't even bother with the on-site restaurant. It is very seedy looking. The windows are grossly dirty and it seems to be a place focused on selling beer to pool players. Wow....we were not impressed.

Room Tip: Call to reserve directly.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GMChateauCanmore, General Manager at Quality Resort Chateau Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The price is modest for this area. Every weekend the prices are higher. We are doing a lot of renovations to the hotel and the restaurant.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I gotta say this is the most amazing hotel I have ever stayed at fireplace inside your room feels that I have the best room ever!!! Excuse me :) I’m just impressed:) wifi,microwave,outdoor hot tub is amazing as well, fridge and coffee :) sweet sweet sweet hotel :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank fayblife
GMChateauCanmore, General Manager at Quality Resort Chateau Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We do appreciate your comments.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Decent hotel, good outdoor hot tub after a day of skiing. Room was nice with a small kitchenette, my only complaint was the location of the room and it facing the train tracks at the back of the building as was disruptive all night with passing loud trains. Sufficient for a quick one night stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the building to avoid the trains
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family