All reviewsloft bedroomsmall kitchenettewould stay here againjetted tubsitting roomlight sleeperindoor poolcoffee makerbeds were very comfortablecanadian rockiesmicrowavefireplacemountainsbanffsofaskitelevision
Reviewed July 10, 2018

"Quality" this was not! Although the facade looks lovely from the outside, the room we had was shabby and small; wallpaper was peeling and the window in our room would not open because the wood frame was falling apart. The bathroom had very little counter space for one person, much less two (this was a 2 queen bed room). No breakfast was included in the price, and when we went to the hotel-recommended adjacent restaurant, it was not open and we learned it had not been serving breakfast for the previous two weeks. There are busy railroad tracks directly behind the inn.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

You wake up to a stunning view.. after falling asleep with the timer controlled fireplace. The hotel is full of youthful spirit, anx caters to all.

Staff on both my visits were excellent.Honest with suggestions on where to gave a meal..

Fantastic place to make an early stop... explore .. and move on.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
GMChateauCanmore, General Manager at Quality Resort Chateau Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Resort Chateau Canmore.

You kind comments are appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again sometime soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2018

I was booked here last minute for a business trip in the area, and was apprehensive after reading through some of the reviews. The hotel itself is dated and not to my standard of cleanliness - the carpet was stained, there was significant dust, and while there were some recent upgrades made, they were of lackluster quality and clearly unfinished (i.e. holes in walls from updating wall sconces, contractor notes written on the countertop in the washroom, etc.). The location is great, but being located next to a major road did have some drawbacks due to noise and light from the street.

Regardless of the above, the man at check-in and check-out was amazing. Very kind, humourous, and made me feel very welcome. When I arrived in the lobby to check-out, he was providing amazingly detailed instructions to a couple on local hiking trails and where to spot some wildlife. He's truly an asset to the hotel and would be the only reason I recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
GMChateauCanmore, General Manager at Quality Resort Chateau Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Greetings from the Quality Resort Chateau Canmore.

We apologize for missing the mark in a number of ways.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

We are working towards correcting them. If you would like to discuss this further, please do call me. I would be happy to speak with you.

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We do appreciate it.

Reviewed May 31, 2018

I am on a tour of Canada and we stopped here for two nights. My room on the third floor was divided into three sections; firstly was a kitchenette with microwave, fridge , sink, coffee maker ,TV and a comfy sofa and chairs; secondly a bathroom with bath, shower and toiletries and finally a bedroom with a big tv facing the roadside. I could shut the bedroom door and shut out any noise from the corridor- the bed was big & comfy and I was able to watch tv in bed- channels 23 and 43 provided movies and channel 18/19 was weather. There is also free wifi for catching up on emails etc.

I was able to have a lovely hot bath and relax. Later, I sat and watched movies from my bed.

I also made use of the swimming pool to stretch out my back. the pool was small but great for a quick and relaxing swim. there was also fitness equipment available.

On a tour getting a good night's sleep is important and my room facing the road provided that. Nick on reception was helpful with local recommendations.

This isn't a particularly modern or luxurious resort but for me it was comfortable , clean and provided me with a good swim and a good night's sleep. I would recommend for a short stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front - the back is near the railway line
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
GMChateauCanmore, General Manager at Quality Resort Chateau Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Greetings from the Quality Resort Chateau Canmore.

Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to review our property.

We appreciate it.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

In an area that truly features full-fledged 4 and 5 star resort hotels, this facility misses the mark completely to be described as a “resort”. It begins with a single elevator that services 4 floors with more than 100 rooms, and is used by both residents and hotel cleaning/servicing staff (only large enough for one cleaning/resupply cart plus staff member). Extreme long waits. Room receives perfunctory cleaning. No instructions for TV channels. Long lineup at checkout and bill could not be printed due to “computer issues”. Room very close to railway - awoken several times by trains. No standard of dress for front desk staff - on check-in, the man on duty was in a dishevelled, unkempt state highlighted by an unpressed, seemingly dirty shirt. Place hardly displays any resort characteristics and appears to be milking its Rockies’ location to the fullest - very overpriced for quality provided.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
GMChateauCanmore, General Manager at Quality Resort Chateau Canmore, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Greetings from the Quality Resort Chateau Canmore.
We apologize for missing the mark in a number of ways. Sometimes things happen at the most inopportune times. Our brand new elevator has finally been installed. This was a major inconvenience to our guests and our staff. Gladly we are operational again.
Thank you also for bringing the various issues to our attention. We are aware of our shortcomings and are working towards correcting them.
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We do appreciate it.
Regards,