“Good.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Canmore
Calgary
“Good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Pros: Nice Room, Good Service, Free Breakfast (and good breakfast! - Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, fruit! beats a muffin and coffee 'continental breakfast'), DVD player upon request which was convenienet as we brought/rented a couple movies to watch over the weekend.
WIthin 15 minutes of many hiking trails which was nice
Canmore is much more quaint and less busy compared to Banff. Enjoyed staying here 100x more than staying in Banff.

Cons: Bolt locks on doors were fairly difficult to unlock - to the point where the cleaning staff couldn't even unlock them to get into the room to clean the room - front desk informed us of this and offered to have it cleaned later on.
No face cloths until requested.

3 Thank Andrew C
managerscl, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and for mentioning the locks. I will report this to our maintenance department. We appreciate all of our guests and their feedback so again thank you. We hope to see you again soon and remember to ask for our "Valued Guest Rate".

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I spent the Easter week end at the Inn and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. As always, the staff gave us top notch service and made us feel right at home. The food in the pub was great. We always enjoy the interaction with the staff, that is a big part of what makes us feel at home and relaxed. We really enjoy the Inn with its decor and Old English country charm. That is what sets it apart from many of the other places we have stayed at. The Georgetown is in a class of it's own and we would not hesitate to recommend it to everyone we know... Thanks for the great weekend!!

Room Tip: Room #214 is our favorite room. For my wife and myself there is plenty of room and the view from th...
3 Thank Calvin K
managerscl, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our amazing little Inn. We appreciate your praise and I willbe sure that all of our staff reads this. We hope to see you again really soon and please ask for our "Valued Guest Rate".
Edmonton AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I had a very relaxing/romantic couple of days at the Georgetown Inn from Sunday April 8 until Tuesday April 10. Everything was lovely (very clean/tidy) in our room, beautiful views out both windows. Emily greeted us when we signed in on Sunday, we had dinner in the pub that evening - the food was EXCELLENT! - Best pub food we have had in ages, a really great couple of pints too! Both days we had breakfast and it was very good, excellent service. We would highly recommend the Inn to our family and friends.

I do not really understand the 2 negative reviews as we were also there the same weekend as those guests, but to each their own!

We will be back :) Rob & Jo - Edmonton Ab

Room Tip: We stayed in the Elizabeth room 214, 2 good sized windows, sunny room, comfy bed - big pillows!
2 Thank RJTaylorEdmontonAB
Thank you very much for your comments. We are so pleased to know how much our staff are appreciated. I will be sure to tell all of our team how much you valued them. We hope to see you again soon and take advantage of our new "Hot Springs" special.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife just spent a very relaxing / romamtic weekend at your hotel. Everything from the wonderful room, the ever entertaining Sara in the pub / restaurant to Emily (c/w bunny ears) we couldn't have asked for anything more. We will be back.

G&A - Calgary Ab.

1 Thank Grossa
managerscl, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for spending your Easter holidays with us. We also appreciate your glowing comments!! We hope to see you again really soon and please do not forget to ask for our "Valued Guest Rate"!! Again thank you!!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Ate dinner and breakfast there during a recent trip to Canmore. Dinner was very good. Breakfast was terrible. Their "Famous" french toast was 2" thick slices of bread with a very thin layer of egg on each side.

On both occasions, the waitress was just too chatty. Please, I'm there to have a meal with my family. I'm not really interested in the waitress's life or her opinion of our eating habits. "My, you really annihilated that breakfast.".

I left wishing I had been rude right back especially after finding that I was charged for the french toast that I sent back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank worldcut99
Calgary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We were so looking forward to our stay and all we had to go by was the picture online, we were somewhat disappointed as the room was extremely hot and musty smelling. The thermistat was hanging from the wall and quite clearly did not work. The little 19" tv had a remote that did not work and the volume button was on and could not be adjusted. The handle from the tub fell off, we know it is a rustice place and did enjoy the charm in the lobby but we also paid $211.00 for the night and would have enjoyed a cool sleep and a working television for the later part of the evening.
thedrqs@telus.net

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deborah Q
managerscl, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately with the weather in the spring it gets quite warm during the day and cools off considerably at night so we do need to keep the boiler going during the evening/overnight so nothing freezes. With that being said it takes a while for the building to cool off during the day.

As for the TV remote thank you for letting us know and I will have new batteries installed right away and ask Maintenance to look at the TV.

We appreciate you letting us know of any deficiencies so we may repair the issues as soon as possible. We do hope that you will choose to come and stay with us again! If you do please ask for our "Valued Guest Rate".
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

This was such cute and dainty little Inn!
I spent two nights in the Victorian room and am more than satisfied! All I wanted was a hotel that had a room with a spa bath... Well, generally, in Banff or Canmore, to get any hotel room with a spa bath, you are likely to pay an astronomical amount of money. However, the Victorian room at this Inn was very cheap and the spa bath was huge and lovely! I was so pleased that there was a fireplace as well! The small and cozy Inn was nice and quiet as I stayed during the week, the sound of the train (that you can't escape anywhere in Canmore anyway) wasn't too bad at all and never woke me up during my sleep.

All in all I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else my next trip to Canmore. (I have stayed in a number of hotels in Canmore and this was by-far the best thus far!)

Oh! The one thing I would recommend is microwaves in the rooms would be really nice. I was on a tight budget and brought a bunch of microwavable food that I was unable to eat.

Emily, was one of the staff that made my stay feel extra special. She was an absolute sweetheart! She asked me on the second day whether the room needed new towels or any housekeeping, so as for the other person that wrote they were disappointing that their room wasn't made up the second night, I don't think that's a regular occurrence.

The decor is old school and makes your feel like you took a trip way back in time, which was great change from the pace of my city-girl/frantic lifestyle. The restaurant/pub was really cute and the breakfast that came included was delicious. Service was great. Emily is the best :)

Room Tip: Victoria Room has spa bath and fire place - I couldn't find a room for that cheap with either of...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Dara2323
managerscl, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you , thank you, thank you for appreciating us and our decor!! I will be sure to tell Emily that she was outstanding and made your stay extra special. Please when you come back ask about our "Valued Guest Rate"!!