1,070 results
All reviewsroad sidestory water slidetrain linetrain noiselight sleeperfridge and microwavehotel guestscontinental breakfastdecent hotelthe breakfast arearoom was clean and comfortableup to dateyogurtcoffee makercanadian rockiesbanff national parkramada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had the best room ever - right across the hall from the gym, laundry, ice machine and the pool! And we just walked out the door and we were right across from the free breakfast - with plenty of choice! When I first booked, they asked if I wanted the trail or train side - so glad I chose trail because the rest of our family had chosen the train side and were awoken many times through the night whereas we heard nothing. We really appreciated the 24 hour coffee conveniently located near the reception desk. The staff was friendly and helpful. The guys had a great time on the 3 story water slide and in the hottub (which they found a little too hot). The hotel is within walking distance of a number of restaurants, pubs and a liquor store. Would certainly stay there again as the hotel prices in Banff are ridiculously pricey.

Room Tip: Choose the room across from the gym - the location is excellent and you don't hear the trains at night.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
BesthotelinCanmore1, Manager at Canmore Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

We’re absolutely thrilled that we exceeded all of your expectations and that you found all amenities to be conveniently located. Please don’t hesitate to let us know how we can make your next stay with us even more enjoyable.
Warmest regards

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is what you can expect from a Ramada. The price was good ($138 / night). The quality of the rooms was very good. Large and up to date. Beds were very soft and comforatable. The free breakfast was amazing. My wife and I were on the north side of the hotel (next to the road) and we could hear road traffic a little bit. On the north side I never even heard the train though.

The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the pool. It was in need of repair (tile falling off the wall).

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words and taking your valuable time to review your stay with us. Glad to hear you slept well on our new pillow top mattresses and that the trains did not disturb you. We apologize for the tiles coming off the wall in the water park. For safety reasons the area has been wrapped and tarped and will repaired immediately after the October long weekend.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I booked this hotel for 3 nights and was aware by reading reviews that the railway was near , but no problem as on check in I asked and was given a room on the other side to the rail tracks, unfortunately the room smelt of cigarette smoke ( I had specified a non smoking room) So I phoned down to reception where I explained the problem and was told they would check if an other room was available and ring us back , after a few minutes they phoned and said they had a room it was 2 kings instead of a queen and was this ok no problem and they would not hear of us going back for the keys but had them sent up the new room was fine and after about half an hour a lady from reception phoned to make sure we were happy with the room, great service. The room was clean and very comfortable with everything you would need to be content during a stay the breakfast was 1st class plenty to eat the B.fast staff were great and worked non stop making sure the food was replenished. On the Sunday night we had the swimming pool and hot tub to ourselfs as all the kids were away home for school . A great stay thanks to all staff at this hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. It is certain that you originally reserved a smoke free room. All room in Banff, Canmore and Lake Louise are non–smoking in accordance with local bylaws it’s just that some people choose to smoke anyway and it is not always immediately apparent. We are very happy that we were able to accommodate you and the after changing your rooms that they upgraded you and phoned back to double check that you found everything to your satisfaction. We will certainly relay your comments to the kitchen staff about your experience with our breakfast.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Basically it was a comfortable place to stay for one night. I would not recommend the backside of the hotel if you are a light sleeper as there are trains every half hour or so.
Old TV's, ours kept turning off so we just left it off.
Hot tub was nice, but they alternate the tub and the waterslide so we only got 15 minutes in before they turned it off.
Couple of decent restaurants within walking distance.
Parking spots are very small.
Breakfast room was nice, selections was OK.
For the price it was what we expected. Nothing fancy although I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
BesthotelinCanmore1, Manager at Canmore Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for you taking your valuable time to review your stay with us. As always at the time of reservation you have the option of train or roadside for your choice of room types. We're sorry the trains disturbed your sleep. During your next stay with us, please opt for the roadside; the rooms are alot quieter and the view from the rooms are just as breathtaking.
The hottub contols are on the wall next to the hottub, they are there for your use at anytime. Just add another 30 minutes whenever you feel like it. The jets are controlled on a timer for energy conservation. We're sorry about the size of the parking spaces. They are regulated by the Town of Canmore land use bylaws.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Warm regards

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Let me start by saying how quick and painless the checkin was. It took less than five minutes. The suite we booked was just right for my family. It was two rooms that were joined together but not separated by a wall. Had a fridge and microwave plenty of things to crash on and a nice flat screen that my boys could plug their xbox into later in the evening. It was very easy to get to Banff and Lake Louise as the hotel is very close to the transcanada exits but I couldn't the highway. The kids must have run up the stairs to use the waterslide about 100 times and the breakfast was the best continental I've ever seen. Fresh coffee was available 24 hours, something I really appreciated.

Room Tip: Open concept suites are perfect for families with small children
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

We are so happy your family enjoyed your stay with us. Please come again and you can expect the same level of service and amenities each and every time.