1,078 results
All reviews story water slide road side train line room facing train noise light sleeper fridge and microwave hotel guests continental breakfast the breakfast area room was clean and comfortable up to date yogurt coffee maker canadian rockies banff national park ramada
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Canmore is a great place to stop for a night, we were there in late September on a Sunday night after a couple days in Banff. The hotel is clean, well kept, has a nice sized pool and hot tub along with a indoor water slide.It is also only 10-12 minute walk from the main street with shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Top floor is best for a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Rose C, Director of Sales at Canmore Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

We certainly appreciate your comments on your stay with us.
We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and our pool area. Yes we are in a great location to downtown shops and restaurants. We hope to see you back for another stay soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Stayed here for a conference in Canmore (but not held at this hotel) in late September. Arrived about an hour before 4pm and room wasn't ready so I went for a bike ride on a lovely sunny fall day for an hour. I had booked a king room. Check in was easy and swift, and my king room was in the west wing of the building (connected to the main building by the 3rd floor, but because of a conference/party this connection could not be used). Access was through some automatic doors a t ground level under a breezeway connecting the 2 buildings. An elevator is very close to the entrance. My room 372, was very close to this elevator, but it wasn't a big problem when I stayed here. The room is long and narrow with one smaller-sized window overlooking Bow Valley Trail. The room remained quite dim even when all the lights were on - the decor is darker so absorbs the light. Near the window is a small table, chair fridge and microwave. This little nook was nice and bright and good to read or use the computer in. There is also a seating area (sofa, arm chair and coffee table between the nook and the bed. Bathroom is on the small size but has a good shower and large jetted tub (I didn't try it out). Towels were large enough for me (5'3") but could be a bit skimpy for anyone bigger! Lots of space to hand clothes, but the ironing board and iron are on the wall just as one enters the room (the door just clears them) and are in the way of moving bags into the room. They would be better at the back of the closet area. I had a huge problem with a noisy ventilation fan that was in the wall directly over the bed area - it made an industrial-sized noise! Maintenance were between shifts when I called to ask them to turn it off (I tried but there were no instructions for the controls). A security guy came and attempted to (said rooms 370 and 372 had idiosyncratic heating systems compared with the rest of the hotel) and though it went of for a few minutes it came back on again. As it was late I slept with a pillow over my head which helped somewhat. Next day maintenance came and managed to turn the system completely off so no noisy fan, but it meant that I could now hear everything that happened or was said in the adjacent room which was connected by a locked door. Fortunately the occupants retired before I did. I wanted to watch a movie (none to be had on the TV and no pay-per-view) so I put on Netflix and use earphones to listen so I didn't disturb the neighbours. Breakfast was included in my rate (I didn't partake), and they had a decent spread: cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, toast, bagels, muffins, coffee, tea, juice; and it looked as if there was table service for hot food too - eggs, bacon waffles. The room/hotel was clean; bed comfortable, service was excellent - any time I had a problem they were on it fast (coffee maker in room didn't work so they brought up a new one; TV played up and someone came pronto and fixed it) and were pleasant about it. Parking plentiful around the building.I would stay here again but would avoid these 2 rooms (370/372) or any suites with adjoining doors. Note - hotel backs onto railway so rooms on southwest side (opposite to mine) could be a problem with train noise.

Stayed: September 2017

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.
We are glad that check in was quick and easy and that you enjoyed your room. Our apologies on the ventilation system, and maintenance is now certainly aware of the situation. We are glad that you had the opportunity to join us for our breakfast buffet as well.
Thank you so much for the recommendation on staying with us again.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Nice hotel with comfortable beds and the room was clean. However the hallways had seen better days and had large stains on the carpet. Freight trains were running all through the night and were very noisy. Breakfast was chaotic as they had run out of clean forks and spoons so people were waiting to eat which created a back up of people waiting for a table. Good array of food at breakfast though.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Rose C, Director of Sales at Canmore Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

We appreciate receiving your comments on your stay with us.

We are glad that you found the hotel and your room clean and comfortable. Our apologies for the breakfast station, it can get congested when we have tour groups in house. We are happy you enjoyed the array of food. Now we are in the slower season, and we certainly are addressing upgrade issues, and have started with new hall way carpet.
We do appreciate your comments, thank you.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

This was a very pleasant place to stay. It is within an easy drive to Banff. Booking in was easy and we were pleasantly surprised when we got to our room. It was very well appointed. Two kingsize beds with lots of pillows. A nice large TV with lots of channels. There was a coffee maker, a fridge microwave and radio among other things. The bathroom too was nice AND there was a stopper/plug in the basin. Fluffy towels and cloths also there. I recommend this hotel but if you are a light sleeper make sure you get a room away from the railway line. The hot breakfast was very nice. A continental breakfast with plenty of fruit,pastries etc., was also available. The restaurant staff were very pleasant and friendly. I recommend this stop-over.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room away from the railway line.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.
We are pleased that you were pleasantly surprised with your room and the amenities. We are glad that you had the opportunity to join us for breakfast as well.
Thank you very much for the very warming recommendation.

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, very clean. Watch what room you get though especially if you are in a odd numbered room. There is a train track that runs ~75 feet from right beside the hotel on the side with the odd numbers. And it runs all night. The walls also seemed quite thin, as we could hear a lot in our room from rooms beside us and in the hallway. Otherwise nice hotel to stay in.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Rose C, Director of Sales at Canmore Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and your room. Yes we do have rooms that back onto the rail side. Some guests are not bothered, but if you are a light sleeper, please request a room on the road side of the hotel, which is very quiet.