We three stayed one Tues. night. We reserved a double queen bedded room. Reception was quick and friendly and we got a third floor room. They had two luggage carts by the back door and we used one. The room was great. It was spacious with two queen beds against one wall, and a dresser with TV on top on the other wall. There was a blue recycling bin next to the dresser. The room had a gas fireplace, and a small table with two side chairs under the window. The window wasn't huge, but very adequate. The shared bedside table had a radio alarm and a lamp. There was a box of tissue in the table drawer - a nice touch. There was a small ottoman at the base of one bed. A small fridge and microwave with coffee bar were in a built-in near the room entrance, as was an open closet. The bathroom was large and well equipped. The shower worked very well. Room wifi worked well also.
The downstairs lobby had a three sofa seating group, and free newspapers. There was also a small business centre with two computers, and an urn of coffee. The pool is on the front of the hotel and has a water slide. We didn't use it but the pool area looked nice. Entry is from the hotel lower level. Also on that level was a very nice work-out room and a sauna.
The breakfast room was quite large and well equipped. The offerings were complete and included bacon, pre-shaped scrambled egg patties and pre-made waffles. There were also the usual offerings of fruit, cereal, toast, muffins, etc. The staff kept the food well stocked and the room well cleaned. Overall we rated the breakfast as very good to excellent.
The hotel offers a novel $5.00 Tim Horton's gift card if you forego morning room service on a multiple-day stay; a nice environmental encouragement.
We highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Canmore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst the towering peaks of the Canadian Rockies, the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn is your ideal lodging choice while visiting Canmore Alberta. From the warm welcome in our lobby to our spacious guest rooms, you are sure to experience superior service while staying with us.Our hotel features tastefully decorated guest rooms with a multitude of amenities including stunning views of the surrounding Rocky Mountains, fireplaces, free high-speed wireless internet, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, and LCD TV’s. Guests can enjoy our daily complimentary hot continental breakfast and access to our business centre, fitness facility, games room and meeting rooms. In addition, our hotel features a whirlpool, steam room, sauna and indoor swimming pool with a large waterslide perfect for the whole family to enjoy.Just minutes away from Banff National Park the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn is a great place to explore the Canadian Rockies, natural hot springs, lakes, glaciers, canyons, and ski resorts. When visiting Canmore Alberta, the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn will make your stay feel just like home, but better. Our relaxing atmosphere, tastefully appointed rooms and friendly hospitality are the perfect complement to your visit to the Canadian Rockies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Best Western, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Pocaterra Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pocaterra Hotel Canmore
- Best Western Canmore
- Canmore Best Western
- Best Western Pocaterra Inn Canmore, Alberta