1,198 results
All reviews best westerns western hotels gift card tim hortons breakfast room is gas fireplace complimentary breakfast hot items yogurt very nice hotel hot tub pool area large room banff national park comfortable beds fridge and microwave a great place to stay
Reviewed January 3, 2018

Overall, the room itself was satisfactory: clean, well-attended and the view (with the balcony) was fantastic. However, during our 3-night stay, we never had access to the "high-speed wi-fi" and the TV kept getting "weak signals". I had taken screenshots/pictures to prove this, but there is not way to put them up here. Not much of a complainer, but if you paid 300/night, I at least want what I thought I was paying for.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
PocaterraMgmt, Director of Sales at Best Western Pocaterra Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Hello karln2018,

Thank you for staying with us and offering feedback regarding your stay. First and foremost we want to thank you for your 3 day stay and kind comments regarding the room decor, cleanliness and views which came along with it. We are happy to hear all of these great comments. We apologize that you had troubles using the wireless internet and TV. We are always active to rectify guest complaints when they are registered to us. We did not receive any mentioning of internet problems or TV loss by previous guests, so unfortunately there was no way to fore-see the problem you mentioned. We also did not have any loss of service in the hotel, so it was going to be difficult to pin point the problem in that moment without having registered technicians on site.

We hope that you consider returning so that we can offer you a superior experience. We can pre-block you into a room on the same side of the hotel as you were on, but a little further down the hall to eliminate any potential interference with internet services.

In the mean time we are going to have our IT team and registered tech's from our ISP look at the area and ensure everything is installed as intended.

Safe travels and all the best.

Reviewed January 1, 2018

Best western is our favorite hotel to stay in When we are in canmore. The staff are super friendly and helpful. They offer pet friendly rooms. The continental breakfast is always a delicious bonus. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
PocaterraMgmt, Director of Sales at Best Western Pocaterra Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Hello Quebecbanana,

Thank you for continuing to visit us, while in Canmore. We are sincerely grateful for your loyalty to our property. We see regular faces often, it's always nice! We are pleased to hear that you're still satisfied with complimentary breakfast buffet. We are appreciative of the public commendation as well and hope to see you again. All the best to you and Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

I am a gold member of Hilton, SPG, and Club Carlson. This is the first time that I try to stay at a Best Western. Prior to making our trip to the hotel, I called the front desk to make sure that it is a dog friendly facility and I was assured it was. I requested a dog friendly room and was told that one was reserved for me. Upon arriving and checking in on December 30th, 2017, the front desk personnel informed me that although it is a dog friendly facility, we cannot leave our dog in the room on its own and will have to take it with us wherever we go. Since it was -25c outside, we only had the option of staying with it in the room which beats the purpose of going to a hotel. We were planning on going out to attend a New Year’s Eve party as is our custom every year. However, we now know that we cannot do that while staying in this property because we usually leave our dog in the room when attending New Years events. I wish the staff were transparent that they are not in fact a dog friendly property so that we wouldn’t be placed in this situation.

I tried explaining this to the manager (Adam) here at Best Western in hope to be able to cancel our stay but he wouldn’t accept my explanation and told me that my payment will be forfeit regardless if we spend the night or not. Moreover, before going out of the room to swim in the pool, I had asked the the housekeeping service to clean my room to which he courteously promised that he will. Upon returning to our room 2 hours later, we found out that they didn’t clean it. When I asked housekeeping why the room wasn’t made, I was told that the front desk informed them that we were checking out and that housekeeping shouldn’t clean our room which doesn’t make sense either way.

I honestly feel that I was conned into staying here and then punished for trying to explain my frustration. This will be the last time I stay at a best western and will be writing a negative review to describe my experience here, especially to my fellow dog owners in Calgary.

At 2:30pm on December 31st, 2017, my family left the Best Western although the hotel did charge my credit card with $300/night as I had no where else to take our dog while attending the New Years event which was also already paid for. We have now checked in another hotel from which I am writing this note. The other hotel also has a dog friendly room and clearly state that they are perfectly fine with us leaving our dog in the room. As mentioned earlier, I am a gold member at other hotels and have stayed in numerous other properties with a similar policy, hence, this is not surprising to me at all.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Hello Mohammed M,

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We have had the same pet policy since it's inception, in that we do not allow pets to be left alone in the room, as they more than often cause disturbances to surrounding rooms. Pets are often not comfortable in their unnatural surroundings, and if their owner is not around they make sure they're vocal about it. They will also scratch and paw at the door, which can be damaging to the rooms. Because of this, we have tried to be proactive with our guests bringing pets and laying out the expectations before it becomes a problem. One of those expectations is that the owner will stay with the dog; the hotel is for everyone. We cannot simply allow a potentially disruptive pet to run rampantly in a guest room, while the owners are out for the night in such a small property of 83 rooms. If you were to put yourself in the perspective of the other surrounding guests who are staying with us, and you were affected by a dog barking next door to you, while you were in your room with your family and we were unable to stop it, you would not be pleased either.

We disagree in that bringing a pet to our hotel is completely negated because you have to be with them. We host guests with pets weekly, many go for walks/hikes together around the area or bring them with visits to friends and family homes.

When you checked out 1.5 hours before the check-in time of the following day, we were unable to refund your card as you were way beyond the cancellation policy to release your room. We empathize with your frustration, but we have never changed our stance with pets in our property. They are always welcome with open arms, but are to be under control of their owners. We feel this is a fair stance and are sorry that you disagree.

Reviewed December 31, 2017

A small hotel with an amazing service.
Staff are always smiling and that’s what you need to see at checkin or out. It’s like coming home from your actual home.
The breakfast is always important in the morning and presentation is delicious and clean.
Welcome

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello maxt69, thank you for choosing our property! We appreciate the kind comments you have left for our staff to read. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff were a highlight for you. We are very lucky to have such a professional and caring team. We are happy you felt that way, while with us! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful king suite and jaquizzi tub. Lots of space. The bathroom has a great jaquzzi tub with a nicd view of the moubtains. Fantastic service at front desk. Location is good. Overall very happy with this hotel

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
PocaterraMgmt, Director of Sales at Best Western Pocaterra Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Hello nicole s,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a positive review of the experience you had with us. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed the room, amenities and staff. We hope that you will consider returning on your next trip through Canmore. All the best until then and safest of travels are wished your way!