Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
budsfan29
Vaughan, Canada

Great anniversary stay!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 16, 2023via mobile
My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. Even though the hotel was filled with families, we still had a great stay. We had a very spacious and comfortable room on the fourth floor with a private balcony facing the mountains. It also had a large cupboard, small fridge, and microwave. The washroom was large too, with a shower and jacuzzi tub
The king-size bed was very comfortable. The only slight issue was keeping the room from being too hot or cold.

The location is excellent, close to the highway, and a short drive into downtown. There is plenty of parking, and they offer cookies to greet you in the lobby. The customer service was friendly and helpful, and we took advantage of borrowing bear spray for free upon its return unused.

The breakfast had a nice selection, with good coffee with the option of using a mug or takeout cup. However, it was very crowded especially on the weekend. The staff did clean the tables and replenished food quickly.

We didn't use the pool or waterside, but families seemed to be enjoying it. We would definitely consider returning to the Pocaterra Inn on a future visit to Canmore.
Date of stay: August 2023
Room Tip: Parking can get filled up, but there are some spots behind the hotel.
Responded Aug 18, 2023
Thanks for your review and five star rating. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our hotel.
C$559
    C$424
2.4 km from Pocaterra Inn & Waterslide
View more hotels in Canmore
1,447 results
All reviews iced tea gas fireplace pool and water slide yogurt hot breakfast hot tub included breakfast small balcony pool area banff national park comfortable beds off the highway a great place to stay mountain view three sisters microwave hardwood
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2023

I confess, when we first drove up to the Pocaterra, we weren't impressed by what we saw from the outside. Looks can be deceiving, as this is one of the best places at which we have stayed. The excllent staff is friendly and helpful. The room was excellent, with a very comfy bed and great pillows. The breakfast included in the rate is good for families with young children (which we are not) because it's sort of slapdash -- nice coffee, occasionally cold waffles, decent scrambled eggs. Adults wanting something a bit more tasty can find something else around town. It's also conveniently located near downtown Canmore. The only problem getting there is turning left onto the two-lane road. On the other hand, you are on the right side of the street to get up to Banff and Lake Louise. Only two items that kept me from five stars. 1. For a decent-sized place, the parking lot can fill up, leaving you scrambling to find parking elsewhere. 2. There is only one elevator. Other than that, the establishment is very good and I recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jon Dearing, General Manager at Pocaterra Inn & Waterslide, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2023

Thanks for your detailed review and valued feedback. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our hotel.

Reviewed August 8, 2023

The hotel is well suited for family/couple outings, Liked the overall atmosphere. Staff is good and the complimentary breakfast had a beautiful spread as well. Parking is complimentary and plenty for all.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jon Dearing, General Manager at Pocaterra Inn & Waterslide, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2023

Reviewed August 1, 2023 via mobile

The room was alright but had a direct view of a grimey ESSO sign. There was something red on the walls in the bathroom I dared not look at it too much.
The floor was atleast not carpet which is great as it means it's cleaner.

The selling point is the pool and slide which my kids loved. They also have a sauna which we enjoyed.

Check in and out was quick and easy. The breakfast was really great with lots of options but was super busy.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jon Dearing, General Manager at Pocaterra Inn & Waterslide, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2023

Thanks for your review and valued feedback.

Reviewed July 21, 2023

Check In was easy. Pool busy with kids enjoying the slide. We enjoyed the hot tub and sauna. We had a small balcony for quiet and enjoyment of the evening and early morning. Staff were courteous. Inside access of rooms. Breakfast was great.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jon Dearing, General Manager at Pocaterra Inn & Waterslide, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2023

Reviewed July 4, 2023 via mobile

Absolute worst experience and stay in a hotel that I've ever had. $400 per night is ludicrous. A standard room that is below ground with no access or view that is literally comparable to a jail cell. Safety concern as only a tall person standing on a chair can reach the bottom of the window. No air conditioning in the room, no freezer in the mini fridge, spotty Wi-Fi as you're literally in the basement. My spouse and I had to use our data the entire stay as the Wi-Fi would not work in our room. The pool was so heavily chlorinated that it burned my eyes and throat and I could not use the pool. The pillows were lumpy and so uncomfortable. Terrible sleep due to the heat, not being able to control the room temperature and terrible beds, pillow and bedding. The toilet ran the entire stay, the room was dark and dungeon like with no fresh air. Rude staff who embarrassed me at the front desk and were clearly annoyed when I spoke about the room situation upon viewing it after check in. I was brought to tears. They would not offer me a refund as I had just paid not even 5 minutes before, so they I could stay elsewhere. The general manager did not care about my complaints and did not offer me a discount or refund after mentioning my concerns but only wanted to argued with me. I've never complained about a hotel in my life but this was utterly disappointing. Complete waste of money and I highly recommend staying elsewhere. There are so many other great options in the area, this hotel is overpriced and not worth the money! Unfortunately, I checked in late and could not book anywhere else due to the long weekend. Do not stay here!!!

Room tip: Do not stay here
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jon Dearing, General Manager at Pocaterra Inn & Waterslide, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2023

The general manager has never argued with you you Amy. In fact apologized that we could not meet your expectations. You were allocated the exact room type that you booked on line and that online platform clearly stated that the room was below ground level and did not mention air conditioning. As has been politely communicated to you the hotel meets all health and safety requirements and the chemical readings of our pool both automated and manual were in the normal range during your stay. We are unable to determine why you had issues with our WIFI, but all is working as it should when we tested in the room that you were allocated.