“Good Family Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Saint Jerome
Gatineau, Quebec
“Good Family Hotel”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This Hotel is really family friendly, a great place for kids. My kids really enjoyed the water slide, although the pool is small they still had a great time. The hotel is very well located close to a lot of stores (however not walking distance) and a Tim Horton and a Wendy's is located on the same lot of the Super 8 so this is very useful.

The room was very nice, we were in a Junior Suite with 3 Queen Beds.. You can rarely find Hotels that Offer 3 Queen Beds in a same room, this was really nice since we have 3 kids. The room was very clean and the Hotel itself was also very clean. In the room there was a fridge and a microwave which can me very useful.

If you stay at this Hotel you get a 10% discount at Boston Pizza which is about a 5 minute car ride, close to all the stores.

I would definitely recommend this Hotel to families and if we ever need to go back to that area we would for sure stay in this Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pat-Chantal
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 St-Jerome, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Customer,

I am very happy that your family and you enjoy our hotel. We really want to thank you for your nice review. We are working very hard to maintain and improve the cleaniless of the entire hotel. I will print your review and show to all our staff to thanks them!

Hoping to welcome you again at our Super 8 St-Jérôme or to our other locations: Super 8 in Quebec City, Trois-Rivières, Lachenaie or Ste-Agathe-des-Monts.

My best regards

Lyne Malenfant
Regional Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2012

For family purposes we needed to locate a hotel in the St. Jerome area for the weekend. We have 2 small children, so we wanted something with a pool...The Super 8 advertises that it has a pool, however; it is approx. 15x10, with a waterslide that takes up 1/2 the pool, max depth is 4 feet (under the slide). The pool was PACKED. The hotel was overbooked, so getting anywhere close to the 'free' breakfast was impossible - we ended up finding other breakfast restaurants for all 3 monrings. The rooms were nothing fancy - just basic queens with the old stench of cigarette smoke and a coat of paint.
Certianly would not be my choice again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Hotel is conveniently located right off highway A-15 (Laurentian Autoroute). There's a Tim Horton's/Wendy's restaurant on same lot, which can prove very useful when you arrive late and/or leave early the next morning, given that there is no restaurant in hotel, and that hotel coffee tastes awful. There is nothing else to see around hotel though, nor any pedestrian-friendly places to walk or visit; area is surrounded by small industrial-type businesses, van parking lots and vacant lots. There is, however, an unenclosed shopping centre a.k.a. power center right across A-15 with many big-name stores and a few restaurants.

Hotel parking is free. Check in and check out were quick and professional. Clerk told me hotel was going to celebrate its fourth birthday around Christmas 2011, and it showed: hardly any signs of wear in public areas, and room itself was in outstanding shape, very clean, and welcoming. We found room style and decorations to be contemporary and tasteful. Haven't tried free high speed Internet. Room had 2 Queen-size beds and enough space to set up our 16-month-old's playard. Room had an always-handy small fridge and a microwave. Pool was not so big, but nice and kid-oriented i.e. not much deeper than, if I recall, 1,2m. It had a big waterslide as well as fun in-pool showers for younger kids. Those were out of order, though. I also need to point out that hallway carpets had some obvious stains.

Room was quiet even though it was located near stairwell. Bathroom fan worked well. Free continental breakfast was as one would expect i.e. good to get you going, with the typical food choices, dirty tables, bottle necks at 8AM, empty coffee cannisters and mounds of plastic and styrofoam that end up in the thrash after 10 minutes of use. Had read that hotel had taken steps towards eco-friendliness, but I can't say that I saw much eco-initiatives during our stay. It also struck us that same clerk that checked us in the night before was making more coffee and taking care of the front desk at the same time the next morning; I mention this because it might very well explain our lesser breakfast experience.

I'd recommend this one to travelers in need of a pitstop and looking for a conveniently-located, affordable, cozy and kid-friendly hotel in St-Jérôme. Definitely look elsewhere if your objective is walking, sight-seeing and eating out. I'll likely book again if I need to stop in that area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Hi I have stayed at your hotel not long ago when we arrived late on friday (around 10pm) the parking was full we had to park in the vague area were there is a second pool and very bumpy, the hallways carpets are very stained but we were very pleased by our arrival the girl was very helpful and professional, the rooms where very clean, the pool is very fun even for adults, the breakfest is really good! thanks for the good time!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2011

This hotel was chosen by our travel department because it was close to the Circuit Icar where we were working. It's a typical Super 8, so you should adjust your expectations accordingly. Checking in was done efficiently, but the desk clerk gave us a lot of trouble, and had and attitude, with our direct billing arrangement. We did get it sorted out. The room had plenty of space, the bed was reasonably comfortable. There was a fridge and microwave. The air conditioner is a typical motel window unit, but it had no problem getting cold. The window curtains were sufficiently dark and didn't blow in the air-conditioning-breeze.

This hotel isn't really set up for business travelers but it was work-able. The only desk was a small round table. Internet was allegedly via an ethernet cable (provided), but there is wireless in the lobby. In room 201 I was close enough to the lobby to use the wireless. The internet was adequate enough to Skype with video. The TV worked fine, but it was an older model.

The view out front was of the highway and a large dirt lot where trucks often parked. There was a combination Tim Hortons/Wendys next door, but that is the only place to eat within walking distance. If you want anything else, you'll have to go across the freeway or into downtown Ste Jerome.

There is a fitness center, but it only consists of 2 treadmills and 2 recumbent bikes. During the week we were there, both treadmills were broken. The primary attraction is the swimming pool with water slides. Because of this, there were lots of families and children. There was even a birthday party in the breakfast area one afternoon. If you can't tolerate lots of wet children running around, this isn't the place for you.

The breakfast was good - cereal, yogurt, muffins, bagels, waffle machine, and juice. There is a guest laundry, which I used, with sundries available at the front desk.

The place was generally clean and pleasant. One of the other clerks at the front desk even recommended his own dentist to me when I had a crown fall out during my visit.

While I was there, the freeway exit was under construction, which created quite a bit of noise and mess, but I can't blame the hotel for this. It is also bicycle-friendly, and I saw several bicyclists there.

Overall I would recommend it when you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay in that area. It provided easy access to Mirabel Airport, Circuit Icar, and several bike paths that I rode. It seems geared more towards families and vacationers rather than business travelers, but business travelers would be able to stay and work there just fine.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2010

One of the best hotels I've been. The pool is great with its 80-feet slide. The breakfast is included and offers a good variety of quality food. The location is also good : one hour from Mont Tremblant and 45 minutes from Montreal. I would recommend this place to any families with kids. The pool can get quite noisy though when it is filled with kids sliding and playing.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Septhon
Drummondville
Reviewed 31 July 2008

Very nice hotel.
Our kids loved the pool!
The atmosphere was very relaxing!

• Liked — The accomodations for the kids.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
18.0 km away
Hotel Le Versailles
Hotel Le Versailles
#4 of 6 in Saint Sauveur des Monts

Been to Super 8 St-Jerome? Share your experiences!