“Beautiful rooms!”

Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a meeting, the rooms were really nice and spacious with wall to wall to ceiling windows overlooking the airport runways. Surprisingly there was very little mouse from the airplanes taking off/landing.
My biggest complaints were that the unoccupied room across from me had the alarm set (very loudly) for 4 am. After a half hour I called down to the front desk where they had someone come and turn it off, after the alarm ceased, I promptly went back to sleep only to be awoken by the alarm clock in my room going off at 5am. I guess the previous occupant had set it and I never even thought to look and see if the alarm was on. I must have been destined to get up! The location is great for those who are flying, but we found it hard to access by car. We could see the building but had trouble finding the parking garage.
We dined in the hotel restaurant twice and I would definitely recommend having the French onion soup. It was by far the best I've ever had! Overall, it was a pleasant stay, the staff were for the most part pleasant other than a hostess in the restaurant who, well, was not.

• Stayed: March 2012
Mtl_Airport_Marriott, Manager at Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback related to our staff service and facilities, and are glad to hear you enjoyed your overall stay; however, we truly regret the inconvenience you experienced as a result of being woken up by alarm clocks that should have been turned off by our housekeepers when they clean the rooms. We sincerely apologize for the oversight on their behalf. With regards, to accessing our hotel, we are continuously working with the airport authorities to make the access as clear and easy as possible while they undergo improving the infrastructures surrounding the airport.

We thank you for the choosing the Montreal Airport Marriott and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Nice, clean and modern hotel just a few steps from the airport. Don't need to go outside to go to the airport departure level...Good value and very modern;-)))))

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I travel the world for business. I usually have trouble giving 3 stars and have had a few 1 stars. I just realized today that this hotel is perfect for business travel. Location, quiet rooms, nice restaurant, good fitness center, wifi that works, comfortable and clean, decent price. Maybe not the world's best view from the window but I'm not looking out the window. This is the place to stay for business travel.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 11 February 2012

As an American Airlines pilot I have stayed in a million hotels. This place is sincerely one of the best hotels I have ever been to.
The staff first of all is first rate. Very friendly, courteous, and just generally pleasant, and very hard working.
The rooms were immaculate, spacious, and very comforartable. Flat screen TV's, very comfy beds, and best of all QUIET1 I cannot understand how they can make a hotel IN THE AIRPORT, and make it so I could see planes out my window and not be able to hear them at all.
Wonderful hotel

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We had a very early flight out of Montreal and didn't want to bother the family for transportation. The hotel is very convenient for that and easy access to get to the gates.
We treated ourselves and got the Presidential Suite, one of two at the hotel. I expected more from a Marriott, decor was very neutral, almost bland. The King size bed was wonderful and comfortable with great bedding and pillows and we didn't hear any airplane noise. The living room had a lot of wasted space and a hard couch and uncomfortable chairs.
The bathroom was okay, individual sinks, bathtub and and separate shower and toilet for privacy. The bathtub was fiberglass and hard to get in and out, looked good, but nothing special.
Because of the convenience to the airport we would stay here again but we wouldn't take the Presidential Suite again.

Room Tip: don't bother with upgrading to Presidential Suite
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This hotel is great for convenience, however, be very careful about checking your folio upon checkout. I stayed at this hotel for an outbound flight Jan.21st and the week later on the night of Jan 29th from a return flight.
On the first night, my reservation stated that it included room service breakfast, so we ordered room service breakfast. Since I added an additional tip I stopped into the desk to get an updated invoice and discovered that in fact they didn’t waive the total room service breakfast charge. I questioned the front desk and was told if a rate includes breakfast then it means you are to go to the buffet in the restaurant. I challenged that and presented a printed copy of my reservation and was told that management would be in contact with me. Upon my return from my vacation there was a message indicating that the charge would be reversed.
On the second stay, on my return flight, there was a notice on the check in counter, stating that there would be a test of the fire alarm between 0400 and 0500hrs, so guest services offered to waive charges for internet. The week before when I agreed to the charges of $15.95 it included internet and long distance calls to Canada, which is also stated on the corporate website, so I agreed again as I was assured the charges would be reversed. This room was booked utilizing Marriott points so when I checked out I was under the impression that there would be no charges as no copy of the folio was left under the room door due to there being no balance. I also subscribe to email copies of the folio and have yet to receive one of those either. Much to my surprise when I checked my credit card statement there is a charge of $26.56. When I called to enquire about that, they said it was because I placed calls from the room and that only the internet was free, yet the in room documentation and the hotel website clearly states that the charge of $15.95 includes calls to Canada and the US, however, they state I was only offered free internet which didn’t include telephone calls. This is very misleading as it should have been clearly stated that this offer didn’t include calls when I was able to make calls the week before. I must say this is a very poor business approach to use and is misleading to the consumer. My advices are double check your room rate and what is included, and always get a final copy of your invoice upon check out!! I was also told that I would be contacted by a supervisor (Tanya) within 24 hrs, and I am still waiting for that call.
The only good thing I can say about this hotel is the convenience to the departure level at the airport. There are plenty of other hotels in the area that all provide shuttles daily, and as for my next flight those are the options I will be checking out. This Marriott has left a sour taste with me!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank jayman
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The hardest part about staying at this location is staying awake once you get in the bed. The bed and room is extremely comfortable. I love to stay here particularly when I have an early flight out of Montreal. It is so convenient to take the escalator out of the hotel and directly into the ticketing area of the international terminal.

Room Tip: I prefer a view of the city rather than the runway.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
#21 of 165 in Montreal
Hotel Place d'Armes
Hotel Place d'Armes
#7 of 165 in Montreal

Been to Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel? Share your experiences!