“Awful experience”

Ranked #25 of 218 Restaurants in Brossard
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We had the worst service ever in this restaurant. Racial profiling very evident.

We were treated very differently since we aren't Chinese: they lied about the contents of their cart and refused to give us specific items.

This is a big contrast to the great experience we've had for years at Chinatown Montreal location where we have received good service for years.

Veronica K, Manager at Kam Fung, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Hi!! This is Veronica the manager of the restaurant. I believe that you were the Caucasian couple that I spoke to on Saturday afternoon. Well, more like the wife spoke to me civilly, and I got yelled terribly by the husband the instant that he knew that I was the manager. I did not deserve to be treated the way he treated me and he had NO RIGHT. NO ONE DESERVE TO BE YELLED IN PUBLIC WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING WRONG. I understand that he was upset, but please control your temper. I only manage the restaurant, not your punching bag.

First, the accusation that you wrote about racial profiling is not true. We are running a business and we welcomed all nationality of clients to our restaurant. That it is why our business is growing continuously and we do have a large number of non-Asian clientele.

Second, the dim sum girls' receive tip as income, in order word, the more they sell, the more tip they will receive. So there is no logical reason for them to lie about the content of the cart or not to sell you anything.

Third, I proposed to you to come speak to the dim sum girl who upset you to clarify the situation, but you refused. Later on, I did speak to the dim sum girl and it was a misunderstanding. I am sorry that you were upset and we did not serve you more quickly, but all our staffs are doing their best to serve everyone as soon as possible. Please note that this is a very crowded busy restaurant, we do ask for our clients understanding and patience since we can not serve everyone simultaneously.

Thank you for taking your time to read my respond

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Not a five star restaurant, more of a family setting where many asian families get together for a big meal. The food is good, fresh and tasty. Really a place to go when you are on a diet cheat day. Oily, fried, sweet... all the sins that are worth it. Go with friends, they have big tables and humungous portions.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We came here for a family party/reunion. We got three tables and was served a lot of huge dishes! It was probably about 10 dishes in total! Everything was decent with my favorite dish, which was good, being the Peking duck with hoisin sauce and wrap. After all the oily and heavy dishes, it was nice to have orange slices at the end of the meal. I'm not sure the price as I didn't pay, but I expect it to be pretty expensive, considering the amount of dishes served at each table.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

The food is acceptable but the price is more expensive for the Dim Sum and dinner. The waiting time for dinner is very long at Saturday and Sunday.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

To be honest, I was expecting the same ho-hum canadian chinese....NO WAY! This place is authentic, the food was hot and fresh, and the service good.
I was very surprised by the quality, so much so I ordered an additional 30$ in take out for my husband.
They have "family" style dinners per person, or you can order a la carte.
Our family of 4 adults, 2 kids took a meal for 4, with 5 dim sum, and it cost 90.00$.
I swear, we could have eaten 10 more dim sum- sooo good!