“continues to serve excellent dim-sum”
Review of Kam Fung

Kam Fung
Ranked #25 of 225 Restaurants in Brossard
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2017

On Montreal's South Shore. I have eaten here many times and the dim-sum dishes are consistently excellent. Time to come is by 11:30 AM to beat the crowd, especially on weekend. If the dish you want isn't on the carriages, it can be ordered a la carte. Especially good are the varieties of steamed dumplings. Attractive setting.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

A short trip over the Chamolain Bridge from downtown Montreal and you will find this restaurant as well as others in a small strip of Taschereau Blvd.There is a lot of parking .The food is very good,fast service and fresh items for the dim sum experience,but you can order diferent items from the kitchen also.We went early on a weekday so not sure if the service is slower on weekends,but we didn,t wait very long to get served by the food carts.

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Dim Sum for the masses. Used to be the go to place for higher end and unique Chinese cuisine. Success has overwhelmed the chef. Lots of fried foods, tasteless stuffed pastas swimming in soy sauce. The vegetation dishes are hit and miss, some worth the effort. I didn't try the desserts because by that time the children at the table were ricocheting off hard surfaces due to the sugar content of the sauces. About $20 per person with tip, but the service was surly at best.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

We (a family of 3 ) decided to go out on a Monday evening for a pleasant meal...What a mistake. We arrived at 7pm there was a 30 minute wait,,,,which seemed odd, because more than 1/2 of the tables were empty...yet we were forced to wait. When the hostess finally said we can give you a table but there is another 1/2 hour wait to get our food.Obviously they were short staffed (it can happen to anybody)...There were people walking out who got tired of waiting for their meal and decided to leave....We were determined to tough it out.
Since the delay was supposed to be long we hastily picked our favorite 7 items and ordered them immediately......that was the second to last time that we saw our waitress.The actual wait time for our meal was truly 1/2 hour...but they forgot 1 of the items we ordered...The people bringing the food to your tables are not even your own servers, but rather nice old ladies with carts...I have absolutely nothing against that but they do not speak either english or french....they avoid even looking at you for fear that you might want something.
All in all the food is good, but be prepared for terrible service...We will not return.

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

We had the worst service ever in this restaurant. Racial profiling very evident.

We were treated very differently since we aren't Chinese: they lied about the contents of their cart and refused to give us specific items.

This is a big contrast to the great experience we've had for years at Chinatown Montreal location where we have received good service for years.

Veronica K, Manager at Kam Fung, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2017

Hi!! This is Veronica the manager of the restaurant. I believe that you were the Caucasian couple that I spoke to on Saturday afternoon. Well, more like the wife spoke to me civilly, and I got yelled terribly by the husband the instant that he knew that I was the manager. I did not deserve to be treated the way he treated me and he had NO RIGHT. NO ONE DESERVE TO BE YELLED IN PUBLIC WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING WRONG. I understand that he was upset, but please control your temper. I only manage the restaurant, not your punching bag.

First, the accusation that you wrote about racial profiling is not true. We are running a business and we welcomed all nationality of clients to our restaurant. That it is why our business is growing continuously and we do have a large number of non-Asian clientele.

Second, the dim sum girls' receive tip as income, in order word, the more they sell, the more tip they will receive. So there is no logical reason for them to lie about the content of the cart or not to sell you anything.

Third, I proposed to you to come speak to the dim sum girl who upset you to clarify the situation, but you refused. Later on, I did speak to the dim sum girl and it was a misunderstanding. I am sorry that you were upset and we did not serve you more quickly, but all our staffs are doing their best to serve everyone as soon as possible. Please note that this is a very crowded busy restaurant, we do ask for our clients understanding and patience since we can not serve everyone simultaneously.

Thank you for taking your time to read my respond