Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
621tracyr
Komoka, Canada

Budget friendly

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 3, 2023via mobile
First time staying at this particular hotel and I plan on returning next year. The hotel is surrounded by lots of amenities like fast food and sit-down restaurants and stores.
Parking was ample.
Our check-in was super quick.
Our room was on the 3rd floor and spotless. Lots of space and countertop space in the main area and bathroom. Our room faced the Children’s Safety Village so we had the sounds of Christmas carols for the early evening.
The hallways were quiet throughout the evening although we were close to the elevator so we could hear something that sounded like bagpipes starting up I’m assuming from the elevators. It wasn’t bothersome. The breakfast area is really small and caused some congestion but we opted to use the trays provided and take our meal to our room. Breakfast is free. Cereals, toast, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, yogurt. Saturday’s hot breakfast was bacon, sausage, home fries and cheese omelet. Sunday was sausage, scrambled eggs and home fries. The eggs were a little too creamy for my taste.
There is only an outdoor pool
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded Jan 29, 2024
Hello 621tracr,

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are so glad to see you enjoyed your stay, liked the location, and found the hotel very clean. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share it with the team as a means to improve and exceed your expectations in the future.

We hope to see you again soon.

Miranda Hinsey
    C$269
    C$271
6.6 km from Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Whitby
All reviews across the street outdoor pool the hotel is clean decent stay nice room the breakfast area short drive convenient location hallway funeral
Selected filters
Reviewed November 28, 2023 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean quiet room. Close to the all the places we needed to attend. Will recommend to everyone. Front desk staff very helpful, well stocked tuck shop and hot breakfast included in stay. Will definitely stay again when I am in the area.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2023

We stayed at this hotel while attending our niece's wedding. Check-in was quick and
courteous. The room and bathroom were clean. Breakfast next morning was quite good. I didn't get their names but the two people working in the dining room were so friendly and quick to take away your used dishes. I must give a special thanks to Marsden for helping me resolve an issue with patience and a smile. I would recommend stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2023 via mobile

Very disappointed. This will be the last time we stay at this location. I arrived Friday. Immediately after check in, I had to find a manager to have a toilet seat secured and thermostat repaired. Later in the day I witnessed some very questionable activity relating to a first floor room. On Saturday night, upon returning to the hotel, I watched two “characters” sitting in a vehicle near an insecure side door, car running, clearly up to no good, base on what I I saw happening in the vehicle. (I’m a retired police officer). As we walked to our room, we walked over bags of garbage in the hallways. The final straw was Monday morning. Shortly after 7am, we walked down the hall to the 4th floor stairwell, walking over bags of garage that had been there from the previous night. As I opened the door to the stairwell, I came across a homeless male, sound asleep , partially blocking the stairs. I went down to the first floor and checked the door and sure enough, it was still insecure, even though I had reported it to the front desk previously. I then went to the front desk and reported the male sleeping in the stairwell and that the the door was still insecure. Her response was less than reassuring. I made it it clear that this hotel is becoming very unsafe and that if they didn’t do what is necessary, they will be dealing with the same serious criminal activity that has been happening at the hotel directly across the road for several years.
I have stayed at this location several times over many years. I have seen a steady decline on the cleanliness and management of this hotel. It is clear to me there is questionable activity occurring at this hotel that is compromising guest safety. The management and staff are completely oblivious to the concerning activity occurring here on a daily basis. It’s time IHG pay attention to the damage this location is causing to their brand.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2023

Hi Brucet425,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa and for thinking of IHG Hotel & Resorts for all your travel needs. Here we’ve offered efficient stay in a place that felt fresh and focused only on the features and services they needed.

I read your remarks and am sorry your stay was not a memorable one. I thank you for the great remarks about our property and understand your opinion on what we need to improve. I forwarded your message to our managers so they can be evaluated. Using your suggestion we created a plan to better our offers and services to avoid this from disrupting our guest's stays. I am sending you a private message so we can discuss your stay further.

I invite you to come and stay with us on your next travel.

Oscar C.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts Services

Reviewed October 9, 2023 via mobile

This hotel says newly renovated in its description - that must be many years old. We’ve stayed here repeatedly out of need and given it many chances. We are done. From awful noise to garbage in the hallways to broken toilets, shower heads and unclean rooms to unsafe conditions with side building doors being left open for anyone to come in and people passed out in the stairwells, it’s awful. They post quiet hours but we have never experienced quiet and they are very slow to enforce it. The hotel is not kept clean. This visit, we had to walk by someone’s pile of garbage to leave the hotel. It was there when we left for dinner and there till we checked out the next day. Staff was able to put our bill under our door but couldn’t be bothered to clean up the garbage. IHG should remove this hotel from its brand.

Room tip: Yes. Don’t stay here.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PoliticoHeather
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2023

Hi PoliticoHeather,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa and writing us about your experience and concerns. Here in our hotel, we want to leave our guests with irresistible smiles in an environment of simplicity.

I read your evaluation of our services and am sorry for what happened. I understand your thinking about these matters, and to this end, I forwarded your message to our managers. They evaluated them and created a plan to avoid this from happening again. I am sending you a private message so we can discuss your stay further.

I invite you to come on your next travel adventure. I know that you won't regret your decision.

All the best,

Oscar C.
Case Manager
IHG Hotel & Resorts Services

Reviewed September 14, 2023 via mobile

Another fantastic night. Used my points for a very clean modern room. Saw the Jays get crushed 10-0, but the room made up for the disappointment. Staff are super awesome friendly! Shout out to Bob! What a super nice guy! Huge asset to HIE Whitby!

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Miranda Hinsey , Owner at Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2023

Hello H0nestmarc,

Thank you for taking the time you write us a review and for your loyalty. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Cleanliness is very important to us and we are happy to see you experienced this during your stay. We will be sure to share your kind feedback with the team. Bob is one of our amazing team members who always goes above and beyond to ensure guests have a great experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Miranda Hinsey