“Good clean accommodations”

Canadiana Inn
Canadiana Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Whitby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Located less than 5 minutes off the 401 in Whitby the Canadiana is a family owned motel that is clean. Outdoor pool is a plus in the summer with outdoor tables to relax at. One floor building with area to sit outside. Friendly staff. Mini fridge and coffee maker and In room wifi makes it an affordable stay with amenities. 10 minutes from the Oshawa Centre as well as restaurants galore. We find it very handy when in town to visit family.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 October 2015

The owners of this place are so cheap, I honest to God was in disbelief, and its family run so they call ONCE A WEEK cleaning day, where other family members come to clean..ONCE A WEEK..even if youre staying a month [ but who the hell would stay a month here?! ] eww DIRTY. And look out for them trying to steal your credit card numbers!!! I already reported them to the fraud squad and they are under investigation. Room was so dirty, smells, jail showers, prostitutes and drunks crawling in here, bugs..look out for spiders and roaches, phone didnt work or internet, I was stuck it was late at night glad I got out of there..there are so many things wrong with this place thats why they are not coming out in order, They are just a bunch of cheap paki crooks who run a run down motel, im surprised the city hasnt condemed it!..Thats coming next!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Sarah Z
Reviewed 16 August 2015

The manager is rude he has 2 woman living there that are escorts in which they give him extra for their rooms. The girls try to push drugs on you this activity is done right out in the open for everyone to see. Rooms are not clean and smell of mildew. Not a place to stay with your family. Beware

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2015

I had seen this quaint motel for years, and decided to give it a try when we were moving. Complete disappointment. Smelled terrible, dirty with burn marks on the carpet and furniture and mildew in the shower I was terrified the blanket would touch my face! The final straw was when the air conditioner above the bed dripped on my head when I was sleeping!

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 8 March 2015

I paid by deposit but lost my deposit slip ,the next morning the same attend refused to give me my deposit of 50.00 back because I didn't have my slip
he was very nasty and said prove that I gave him the money
RENTERS be ware

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank David V
Reviewed 20 October 2014

Room was agreeable and clean and sensibly evaluated - met my destinations. Inside strolling separation to restaurants and corner store. On the off chance that it was mid year they have a pool which would be extremely decent. I for one favor little family possessed organizations to enormous name lodgings. The top is, no doubt revamped. Decent to see the managers truly think about their property.

Room Tip: nice motel with location and everything was near by the motel
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Booked my room over a week in advance. Have stayed here at least 5 times before and knew it wasn't top quality but have been over all satisfied enough to re-book. Unfortunately, this time will have to be the last.

Booked online expecting to pay the rate displayed on their website. Informed on arrival that $10 more is added when booking online (through booking,com). This fee was not disclosed upon booking. I was not willing to pay more, nor was I willing to accept a one-bed room (one adult, two children). Told the in-room phones were down and no one could come to fix it before the following day.

Quickly checked into the room and found the mini fridge was not on. Understandable as they did not expect anyone to be using that room- I'm sure they would have turned on the fridge in the room they expected me to take. Put our breakfast in the fridge hoping for the best and went on with our day.

Came back to the room in the evening. Youngest child wanted a bath- the lever to turn off the shower head was broken. Had to lay the shower head in the bathtub to fill it. Tub had a filthy soap ring around it. Shampoo packets were very difficult to open as they have no tear tabs and actually show they require scissors to open. I didn't bring mine. :/

Old, dirty Slurpee cup was found by my youngest just under one of the beds. I left it there.

Beds uncomfortable. Maybe I've been spoiled by my own mattress at home, but these were horrible to me and I slept only about 5 broken hours.

Morning coffee: The coffee maker was stored on the counter to the left of the sink. There is no outlet there. The only available outlets are: on the OTHER side of the sink (had to balance the tray on the edge of the sink to run it as there wasn't enough room for it there. The other two outlets are near the front door (the a/c unit uses it), the one the alarm clock and lamp are plugged into near the bed (none unused), and the one the TV and fridge are plugged into. There was one available outlet there for me to charge my phone but I was worried about plugging it in there.

Received an email at 6am from cooking.com telling me that my booking had been cancelled. Reason: I had not checked in. It said I would be charged the full amount,. I quickly emailed them back to tell them the truth so I would not be charged the fee. Heard back within two hours that the hotel confirmed I did stay there and therefore would not be charged the cancellation fee.

The positives: I love the location and will be sad to have to find a new hotel when I come to visit. It is right in the neighbourhood I grew up in so I enjoy being here- it's as close to home as I can get. Also when we first walked in, the room actually smelled clean. It is a non-smoking room and does not smell like anyone had ever violated that rule. It is also a fairly decent sized room. As well, in the summer we love the pool. The surroundings are beautiful and the water is never too cold- although we only have ever used the pool on two different stays.

Room Tip: On one of my previous trips we stayed around the middle of the hotel and could her our neighbours ta...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family