New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Incredible Hospitality and great rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast

Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waterloo
Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Waterloo B&B and Inns
Montague, Canada
“Incredible Hospitality and great rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

Our extended family stayed at Hillcrest for over a week during a difficult family time. Hillcrest House was a peaceful haven. Beautiful bedrooms to return to, great and amazing breakfasts to start your day. Welcoming, accomodating and flexible innkeepers, Stefan and Wendy could not do enough for us. With the hot July weather sitting out in their beautiful patio was such a treat. Their location is great a 5 minute walk from Waterloo Square and good restaurants close by.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

We so appreciate Wendy and Stef putting a fabulous graduation dinner for our son, family and friends.They opened their home to our family and made us feel like we were theirs. As long as we have reason to visit Waterloo or area this will be our choice of stay. We only wish we had discovered it sooner. Having stayed in all three rooms and every season,we were always welcomed after a long drive. Our stays were comfortable and relaxed.Breakfast is delicious and enough to last all day(no lunch required).Our son, who lives in Waterloo, was always welcomed for breakfast .Within walking distance of our favourite stores in Uptown Waterloo and close to the University,the location is perfect. Looking foward to our next visit.
Keith &Lianne Sloss
Sault Ste Marie Ontario

Room Tip: All three rooms are equally great
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank KeithLianne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

I've lost count of the number of times I've stayed at Hillcrest. Two things are certain: one, I'll be back. Two, it's never long enough. Fantastic people, lovely rooms, great breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

A group of friends gathered at this Bed and Breakfast to enjoy dinner
and celebrate years of friendship. Stephan cooked appetizers, dinner
and dessert for us all and we simply enjoyed his Hospiality. It's a 'must
do' in Waterloo!!! Thank you! Gail Sawyer

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

I stayed there for almost one week and really enjoyed it. Wendy and Stefan are extremely friendly and the breakfast was awesome. The room was huge and nicely furnished. I would love to come back.

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

I stayed for three nights at this B&B in May 2011 and it exceeded my expectations. The room was huge; the hosts extremely friendly and accommodating; the food delicious and nicely presented; free wireless high speed Internet; and the atmosphere delightful. Each day I found that I was looking forward to coming back to Hillcrest House and to enjoying my time there. This was such a sharp contrast with other professionals who attended the same conference but stayed at hotels and who complained about various things, whereas I had only good things to say about my accommodations including the hosts. The one area for improvement that I recommended was that carpet be put on the stairs so that there isn't so much noise when guests go up and down. This woke me up several times even though I'm a deep sleeper. Every aspect of the rest of the stay was so enjoyable -- they make you feel so special! -- that I have already told others to visit Waterloo just so that they get the experience of staying at Hillcrest House.

Room Tip: Try to sleep in a bed away from the stairs
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

What makes a place worth staying for almost a month? It's the caring and thoughtfulness of Wendy and Stefan at the Hillcrest B&B. Our stay, that was only to be a week tops, ended being over 3 weeks. Through it all, Stefan and Wendy did everything they could to make our stay warm, welcome and comfortable. Breakfast was always top notch, and the occasional dinner with wine/beer and yummy desserts was an added treat. Stefan a massage therapist and Wendy a former pastry chef was the shining light that made a stressful month in Waterloo truely easier.
Our daughter attending Waterloo U spent more time than we did at Hillcrest and our hosts ensured she was safe and well fed. Our room the Bean Retreat easily provided room enough for my husband, myself and our daughter including a study area.
I would highly recommend Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast, and hope to spend time with Stefan and Wendy again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterloo
Delta Hotels Waterloo
#2 of 9 in Waterloo
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
The Walper Hotel
#5 of 14 in Kitchener
The Waterloo Hotel
#8 of 9 in Waterloo

Been to Hillcrest House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!