All reviews library suite old mansion lovely room kensington room gorgeous mansion high tea breakfast was excellent fresh fruit wonderful ambience princess grace coffee or tea whole building next morning new owners modern amenities owners were friendly a king size bed
Reviewed December 12, 2017

We stayed here for the first time. Time and thought have gone into making this historic home a wonderful place to stay. We attended an event right in the mansion and stayed over.
The bed and room were super. The owners and staff made you feel very welcome and the breakfast was fresh and tasty.
Go ahead and treat your self to a night out.
No hesitation about recommending this to anyone.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lisa B, Owner at Grey Gables Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is always such a pleasure have our guests become friends. Hoping to see you soon. You are always welcome in our home.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

A wonderfully elegant home...right out of some movie. From the foyer with a grand piano, to a wonderful room. Our only quibble, also mentioned by others, was that breakfast we fixed, and relatively small. Don't let that deter you.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lisa B, Owner at Grey Gables Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Hello Tony, when did you stay with us? I am so surprised that you mentioned that our breakfast is small. I am so sorry, I wish you would have told us as my priority is always to make sure our guests are happy and satisfied.
Please stay in touch, and call me directly when you are back , so that I make sure you are happy with everything we provide.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

We wanted to see ourselves what the pe was all about......people were raving about going for High Tea at Grey Gables. We were not disappointed during our visit last Friday afternoon. We were so impressed with the building itself and all the woodwork...the staircase was absolutely marvellous!!! The tea room is so beautifully maintained and most decorative. Our high tea consisted of a choice of tea in a little pot , a creamy soup, an array of various fresh tasty finger sandwiches , topped with a wide selection of tiny homemade cookies and tarts! Excellent service!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lisa B, Owner at Grey Gables Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. You are always welcome here.

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Our daughter surprised us with one nights stay at the Grey Gables and dinner at Anthony's. There was a wedding at the B&B at the time we were staying. Our room was upgraded (we did not even ask). Although there was a lot of activity at Grey Gables we did not hear any noise and we were treated very well by the owners. The grounds are beautiful. We sat outside in the evening. The whole building is charming. I loved our room. The bed and linen made for a terrific sleep. Slept right through my alarm in the morning, I was comfortable. The bathroom was large and the shower was wonderful after a long day of motorcycling. The breakfast the next morning in the Tea Room was outstanding. The decor is so comforting and music as well. The owner came to sit with us and another couple. It was great conversation. I really like this place and I am going to spread the word about Grey Gables and my wife and I will be back again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lisa B, Owner at Grey Gables Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words, I wish we could have spent more time with you and chat some more, But it was a very busy weekend, and I was being pulled from all directions.
We wold love to have you back. Please call me and join us for High Tea. On us!
Looking dorward to seeing you both soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

The hosts are gracious and if you speak up will give you a choice rather than the standard breakfast served. The building is beautiful and tastefully decorated but....! Perhaps the new owners (since May) need more time to get things under control but the lack of attention to detail spoils what would otherwise be a great experience. For instance one room (the Princess Grace) is a lovely room, but it had a badly cracked sink, no closet that I could find, and a bath tap I could not turn off! The Library suite (by far the best) is great except the closet door handle was broken and so was a window handle. In addition there is no maid service, the bathroom amenities are not replenished, the wi-fi is poor and the toilet paper is one grade down from bargain basement! I'll go again because the house and hosts are charming hoping things have improved.

Room tip: The Library - spacious, separate 3 piece bathroom and toilet, private entrance, desk for working.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Lisa B, Owner at Grey Gables Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

I want to thank you for your review. There is much to be done at Grey Gables. We have upgraded 4 of the 11 bathrooms since our takeover on May 16th. Refurnished all the suites and created a 5 star Tea Room.
It is in our plans to upgrade all .
We do maid service every 2 days as you are aware. I can assure you that the hotels only come in to change your towels every 3 days and if you are there for 2 days they don.t service your room.
I am sure when you come to visit next time everything will be différent.
I look forward to seeing you and your husband sgsin soon.