Best Western Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre
US$76
US$71
US$88
Time Travellers Motel(Pembroke)(Great Value!)
US$67
Priceline
US$54
US$92
Agoda.com
All reviewsattached restaurantpool tablerestaurant staffhot tubfitness centerbreakfast was includedindoor pooloff the highwayroom was clean and comfortablegas stationking roomstay there againalgonquin parkexcellent stayone night staymini fridgethird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2011

It was our third stay at this hotel. The room was clean and quiet. The food and service in the restaurant were good. The rooms are getting a bit expensive, but this is a growing trend among other Best Westerns and other chain hotels. Stil, we would stay here again if we were to visit the Pembroke area in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2011

If you are travelling around this part of Canada there are very few decent hotels. especially if you are touring and only want one or two nights.

This BW is very shabby and reminds me of a local leisure centre that's ripe for refurbishment. There are other chain hotels in Pembroke that have fewer facilities but are more modern, so try them!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank flipandjude
Lorryann, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

"We are very surprised with this traveler's comment about our hotel, and we wonder if they have us mixed up with some other city. There are several very good hotels in the Ottawa Valley, the Best Western Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre being one of them. We continue to be rated very high with Best Western International's strict quality and design inspections and we do receive many positive comments about the quality and comfort of our hotel.

We further checked, and we did not have any guests from London in August as this implies, and we question how this traveler would know about "other chain hotels in Pembroke".

In conclusion, there must be a mix up with hotels. If the writer should wish to contact us about this, please call and ask for the General Manager."

Reviewed 12 September 2011

A very clean hotel. We had a queen + sofa bed suite on the 2nd floor. Very comfortable and quiet . Breakfast at the restaurant was delicious and very affordable. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Anona1
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Hotel was clean and staff was friendly and accommodating. But there is a huge drawback to staying here. I was sent here on business and had to eat all my meals at their “fine dining” restaurant, because my company only covers me for the hotel expense stated on the hotel bill.
First day I ordered a large pizza, on the flyers outside it looked good, but what I got was a dry tasteless thing that only resemble a pizza. I ordered extra cheese, pineapple, bacon and mushrooms. Pizza showed up with very little cheese, pineapple that tasted like it was in a dehydrator, no mushrooms and bacon that was dry and tasted like maple syrup. Yes maple syrup. I had one piece and had to go to my room feeling ill. I later joked with my friends that I had a maple syrup pizza.
Second day I had a hamburger and fries. Not the worst, but I could tell it was Costco frozen burgers and Costco frozen fries. I expected more since there was farms everywhere in the area raising cattle; I would have expected freshly made hamburgers. Especially at the price.
Third day I had filet mignon. Ordered it medium well, got it medium rare with a side of ice cold fries and ice cold vegetables.
Every morning I had breakfast and my toast was black, way over done. The waitress told me there toaster was not working and the cooks had to put it in twice. I never returned the toast but the waitress stopped me from eating one morning to ask me if I would like new toast. Even the waitress didn’t want the customers eating it. They could have used the oven to cook the toast, it would have taken longer but I have never seen more than 7 people in the restaurant at a time so he couldn’t be that busy. This just shows laziness from the cooks.
After the third day I just started eating out and paying for it myself. Because of the quality of the food at the Best Western was so bad, I had to call my department and have them relocated me to the Travel Lodge,. I plead with the managers to step in and retrain the kitchen staff…

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank seanv_11
Barry M, Manager at Best Western Pembroke Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

We are responding to this gentleman's remarks about the dining.
Every staff member has been questioned about this and not one person received any poor comments or complaints in this regard. Even at the front desk, no one heard of any problem from this person. He simply checked out - did not indicate he had any problem whatsoever.

Our restaurant receives tons of compliments from it's customers monthly.
We would appreciate hearing from this person directly to find out what really went wrong, and to try to accommodate his concerns in any way we can.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

Okay always good to start with Pro's:
+ Decent room size kind of a 90's feel
+Free Hi-Speed
+Good workspace

Cons:
-Boring location
-Only hotel around so i am sure lots of weddings so makes it quite noisy even on a Sunday night.
-Hall ways really low ceilings, makes you fee like a giant
-restaurant is pricey but you can go to the truck stop accross the road and great patio at East Side's in Pembroke
-pricey rooms as well 3-4 star pricing for 2 to 2 1/2 star hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MrTravel007