“Worth the Drive”

Ullrich's on Main
Ranked #2 of 80 Restaurants in Pembroke
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed August 7, 2018

On my bucket list of destinations because of excellent comments I heard about the café and the butchery, which is a combined operation. I had the luncheon schnitzel with mushroom sauce, which was as good as anything daughter said she's had in Germany. Delicious. The meal was beautifully prepared, presented, and served by smiling and pleasant staff. We arrived around 1 p.m. so tables were open and our meal arrived on time. However expect to wait a bit if you hit their busy time. When we were finished our meal and went into the Deli/Butchery counter for some take home eats the lineup was almost out the door. Still, our take home sausages, cold cuts and chicken proved to be well worth the wait.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

My experience, is that you better have lots of time when you go there. Food is delicious but the service is quite slow

1  Thank Debbie C
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Fresh Healthy Natural food is what the sign says and what our lunch was. My meat and potatoes husband had steak and frites and I had a shrimp and crab melt sandwich. Both were perfectly prepared, delivered with a smile and the coffee was excellent. All in all a great lunch place and one I will go back to the next time I am in Pembroke.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

I've lived in Renfrew County for about four years and can't believe that it took until today to enjoy my first experience at Ullrich's. Incredible. Service on the restaurant side was prompt-even though the establishment filled up FAST- and the food was outstanding. To top it off, I've never seen better prices on such great quality dishes anywhere else. I had a pulled pork sandwich (A definite recommendation) with their house salad and my boyfriend had their daily special which was a chicken souvlaki wrap with fries. The chicken was super juicy. I tried a bit of his and although I'm not a chicken fan I could have eaten the whole thing if he let me lol. And coming from someone who doesn't like chicken unless it's bone dry, my boyfriend was nothing short of impressed with the flavour and tenderness of it. We'll definitely be coming back again.

And for those new to the area, I would highly recommend checking out their deli on the other side. Lovely authentic condiments and more with of course a large variety of quality meats to choose from.

Reviewed May 24, 2018

I wouldn't normally write a negative review but this isn't the first time I've experienced very long delays.
The marinated meats are excellent so I will endure some wait but today was ridiculous. After standing for 20 minutes with two other patrons ahead of me a gentlemen walks in to accept a large order of meat. He totally jumps the cue then proceeds to discuss the order. I walked out!

Don't shop here unless you allow a minimum 30 minute wait.