Mill Lake Cottage Resort
Chalet Rosemarie(Nobel)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$90
US$85
Harmony Outdoor Inn(Parry Sound)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$121
Travellers Hotel(Parry Sound)
US$79
US$94
US$82
Travelocity
Town & Country Motel(Parry Sound)(Great Value!)
US$81
Travelocity
Bayside Inn(Parry Sound)(Great Value!)
US$111
TripAdvisor
All reviewspaddle boatsprivate deckjaynehostscottagelinensbbqsaunafall
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My mother and 6 sisters go away every year and have been doing this for about 20 years and we always stayed in Huntsville area. this year we decided on Mill lake and we loved it , very clean, up to date great lakeview and the amenities are wonderful. The MacLeans are great hosts, beautiful property they have and cant wait to go back. very impressed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I (we) have visited Millview Lake cottages starting in 2005 and I believe we are up to 8 or 9 stays.
Michael and Jayne are wonderful hosts and we have never once had an issue with any of the cottages or anything else for that matter in all these years.
The cottages are scrupulously clean and well maintained...just unpack your bags and enjoy!
Regards from Claudia, Keren and Pam

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife, daughter and I spent a weekend at Mill Lake Resort this past September (2012). We were attending a wedding at Ridge at Manitou Golf Club on the Saturday night and thought it'd be fun to stay somewhere on the water, somewhere that wasn't just a hotel. And since we hadn't been to Muskoka in a few years, so we figured we'd make a weekend of it and visit with some old friends.

The invitation to the wedding listed places where we could stay in order of proximity to the Ridge. Working our way down the list, looking at the hotel/resort websites, Mill Lake Resort seemed to be the obvious choice. The prices were reasonable and the website was very professional and informative with lots of current pictures. And speaking with the owner Mike McLean on the phone, he was very helpful and patient as our plans continued to change.

We arrived mid-afternoon on the Friday. Mike greeted us and gave us a tour. Wow! The property is amazing! It looked just like the website had depicted, which in my experience is rarely the case. The view of Mill Lake is incredible from all the cottages and although they have a semi-rustic look, they're quite modern on the inside. We rented the Timber, a 2-bedroom partway up the hill. It was spotless inside with a fridge, hot plate, satellite TV, gas fireplace and drinkable/potable water. The bathroom was immaculate, complete with handsoap and towels. The Timber also has a huge, new deck with a working barbecue, patio furniture and Muskoka chairs.

When we first got there we informed Mike that we had some guests stopping by for dinner, another couple and their two young children, friends we hadn't seen in a long time. I was half expecting non-paying guests to be an issue (recalling my younger days when sneaking extra guests into a campground or cottage was common practice), but Mike had zero problem and replied with a simple "great, I hope you have a nice visit."

Most of our stay was consumed by the wedding, so we didn't get to enjoy the property as much as we would have liked to. We did find time to walk around though, and for our daughter to play in the kids' playground (little clubhouse, swings, slide, etc.). And I took a photo of our view of Mill Lake from the deck... it's now the laptop wallpaper and Twitter background that'll get me through the winter!

Both my wife and I were very impressed by Mill Lake Resort. You can tell that the owners take pride in the cottage atmosphere they're providing. The property is very well-kept and each of the cottages seems to have its own personality and unique upgrades. And Mike McLean was a great host, very helpful, friendly and professional.

We would not hesitate to return to or recommend Mill Lake Resort. In fact, I hope we can return next season for a slower-paced long weekend.

Room Tip: The Timber cottage is an awesome 2-bedroom option with a great view and huge deck.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My family & I enjoyed a relaxing week in August at Mill Lake Resort. Our 'Shoreline' cottage was what i would describe as 'modern rustical'---the charm of an older wood cabin, with the luxury of a fully modernized kitchen and bath.
Our hosts, Mike & Jane were both friendly and accommodating. The resort grounds and individual clean and well maintained. For an accurate overall impression take the time to review their photo gallery on their web-site. It 'really' does look like that!!
Whether taking a peaceful paddle with a canoe,or waterskiing/tubing out on the lake, there was something for everyone. I, myself enjoyed the serenity of our surroundings in one of the many large Muskoka chairs scattered throughout the complex---a good book and a glass of wine, or cup of coffee... To each there own...
All I'd like to add is, I'm sure you'd not be disappointed by your choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2012

What a fantastic vacation. Our cottage was very spacious and comfortable. The property and amenities were excellent and everything was clean. Mike and Jane were superb hosts and were pleased to provide whatever we needed to ensure we and the other guests were happy. I would definitely recommend the property and we plan on returning.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family