“Can't wait to go back next year!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Parry Sound
Mill Lake Cottage Resort
Toronto, Canada
“Can't wait to go back next year!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Just back from a fantastic vacation at this cottage resort. We stayed in the Timbre cottage, which like all the cottages there was well-appointed, with quality, tasteful furnishings and decor. Its cathedral ceilings gave it an open, spacious feel, while there was plenty of space for myself, a friend and my toddler twins. It had beautiful views of the lake, and the deck was superb. It also had comfy, quality patio furniture, a top-notch stainless steel BBQ and muskoka chairs. I was so "cottage proud"! As I'm writing this, I want to go back and sit on the deck, with a glass of pinot, and my happy twins.

Both the cottages and grounds are extremely well-maintained. Lovely pathways, landscaping and two beautiful sandy beaches, private to the five cottages at the resort. The swimming was devine - the lake was clear and warmer than Georgian Bay. It was so fun, at 40-something, to swim out to the slide (go down it!), sit on the dock, and paddle around the lake, taking in the beautiful cottages on the other side. Use of the kayaks, canoes and paddle boats are complimentary and all are in great condition, and there are plenty of life jackets to borrow, even for children.

My kids really enjoyed the playground on-site and playing with the owners' super friendly golden doodle, Jess, who comes around occasionally to say hello. Everyone staying there seemed to be having such a nice time - from families enjoying a bonfire at night, to young people playing catch and taking dips in the lake, to the guys out fishing in the morn (one caught a 16-lb pike!!), to little kids catching and releasing toads, to moms finally catching time to read a book, and there were the romantic strolls for some too.

The resort was simply top-notch, so pleasing to the eye and the senses. It was high-end Muskoka luxury at an affordable northern rate.

The owners made sure we had all we needed. Mike helped to install a baby gate at the top of the stairs to our deck. He came by to check in how we were and retrieve the recycling.

I am passing on that this place is a one-of-a-kind, not to be missed cottage experience for those looking for a unique blend of privacy and convenience. It was a short drive into Parry Sound for groceries and the daily paper. Really, I could go on!

I can't wait to go back next summer! Thanks for the wonderful stay! Jodie & Company (Toronto, Ontario)

Room Tip: All five cottages are nicely situated, with spacious decks, and wonderful views of the lake. You ca...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jodie M

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Had a great time at Mill Lake Resort…... Thanks Mike and Jayne the accommodations were perfect for the two of us. And the property was beautiful and well kept. Being the dog lover that I am I can’t tell you how awesome it was to get a daily visit from Jess the sweetest dog in the world. Lots of activities all inclusive and if you like water skiing and tubing it's there for a nominal fee. Mike the owner is awesome very helpful and went out of his way make sure we had everything we needed and Jayne was always busy making the resort picture perfect. And another bonus was being so close to town everything u could possibly need or run out of is there only 10 minutes away.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank willow102013
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Once again, we had a terrific time at Mill Lake. We stayed in the main cottage and will be returning again next year. Mike and Jane are terrific hosts and are always looking to ensure everyone is happy. Cottages are always clean and have all the necessary amenities (except Internet...which they are looking in to). Thanks for another great summer break.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Eeyore821
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Mill Lake for the first time on the weekend. We arrived very late on Friday night due to work. However, this was no problem for Mike and Jayne, they were still very welcoming. Mike was quite helpful and informative about the resort and area. I was extremely impressed with how clean the cottages were. They were also well decorated with your typical cottage decor which was quite nice. The cottage was well equipped with everything you need to cook. The best part of the trip was the view from our cottage (Shoreline). Eating dinner on our private deck overlooking the water was so beautiful. In addition, there are many games and activities available for your use at the resort (there’s even a sauna). Overall, we had a fantastic time and wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend the Shoreline for couples even though it sleeps 4. I think it has one o...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cris4414
hamilton,ontario
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My mother and 6 sisters go away every year and have been doing this for about 20 years and we always stayed in Huntsville area. this year we decided on Mill lake and we loved it , very clean, up to date great lakeview and the amenities are wonderful. The MacLeans are great hosts, beautiful property they have and cant wait to go back. very impressed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Orangeville, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I (we) have visited Millview Lake cottages starting in 2005 and I believe we are up to 8 or 9 stays.
Michael and Jayne are wonderful hosts and we have never once had an issue with any of the cottages or anything else for that matter in all these years.
The cottages are scrupulously clean and well maintained...just unpack your bags and enjoy!
Regards from Claudia, Keren and Pam

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Ontario
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My wife, daughter and I spent a weekend at Mill Lake Resort this past September (2012). We were attending a wedding at Ridge at Manitou Golf Club on the Saturday night and thought it'd be fun to stay somewhere on the water, somewhere that wasn't just a hotel. And since we hadn't been to Muskoka in a few years, so we figured we'd make a weekend of it and visit with some old friends.

The invitation to the wedding listed places where we could stay in order of proximity to the Ridge. Working our way down the list, looking at the hotel/resort websites, Mill Lake Resort seemed to be the obvious choice. The prices were reasonable and the website was very professional and informative with lots of current pictures. And speaking with the owner Mike McLean on the phone, he was very helpful and patient as our plans continued to change.

We arrived mid-afternoon on the Friday. Mike greeted us and gave us a tour. Wow! The property is amazing! It looked just like the website had depicted, which in my experience is rarely the case. The view of Mill Lake is incredible from all the cottages and although they have a semi-rustic look, they're quite modern on the inside. We rented the Timber, a 2-bedroom partway up the hill. It was spotless inside with a fridge, hot plate, satellite TV, gas fireplace and drinkable/potable water. The bathroom was immaculate, complete with handsoap and towels. The Timber also has a huge, new deck with a working barbecue, patio furniture and Muskoka chairs.

When we first got there we informed Mike that we had some guests stopping by for dinner, another couple and their two young children, friends we hadn't seen in a long time. I was half expecting non-paying guests to be an issue (recalling my younger days when sneaking extra guests into a campground or cottage was common practice), but Mike had zero problem and replied with a simple "great, I hope you have a nice visit."

Most of our stay was consumed by the wedding, so we didn't get to enjoy the property as much as we would have liked to. We did find time to walk around though, and for our daughter to play in the kids' playground (little clubhouse, swings, slide, etc.). And I took a photo of our view of Mill Lake from the deck... it's now the laptop wallpaper and Twitter background that'll get me through the winter!

Both my wife and I were very impressed by Mill Lake Resort. You can tell that the owners take pride in the cottage atmosphere they're providing. The property is very well-kept and each of the cottages seems to have its own personality and unique upgrades. And Mike McLean was a great host, very helpful, friendly and professional.

We would not hesitate to return to or recommend Mill Lake Resort. In fact, I hope we can return next season for a slower-paced long weekend.

Room Tip: The Timber cottage is an awesome 2-bedroom option with a great view and huge deck.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2.7 km away
Harmony Outdoor Inn
Harmony Outdoor Inn
#2 of 11 in Parry Sound

Been to Mill Lake Cottage Resort? Share your experiences!