“Great Location and Best Breakfast!!”

40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Parry Sound B&B and Inns
London, Canada
“Great Location and Best Breakfast!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2016

My family and I stayed here for my sister's wedding in July and it was a great experience! Susan is a great host and makes the best breakfasts you can eat! The rooms were large and clean with the bonus of air conditioning. 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast is in a great location right by the harbour front and a short walk to the downtown of Parry Sound. We all would stay here again if ever in the area just to visit with Susan! Thanks for making the wedding weekend extra special!

Room Tip: All the rooms were great!
  • Stayed July 2016, travelled with family
stayparrysound, Owner at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 October 2016
Dear Hermenamanda: I love it when guests make me feel part of their special times! Being able to host your family during the wedding - and helping to keep everything on time and going the way the bride wanted was very important to us. I do hope there is an opportunity for us to all get together again in the future. All the best to your sister and her new husband!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Big thanks goes out to Susan Poole, for her understanding when my husband was injured and we were unable to stay with her at her quaint B&B overlooking the beautiful Parry Sound harbour! We were looking forward to our stay and hope we can come back soon! Just a pleasure to deal with from our first contact to the latest!! Great location, right at the harbour with lots of restaurants and great activities available to you close by.

Stayed August 2016, travelled as a couple
stayparrysound, Owner at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 August 2016
Dear Helen B:
My sympathy goes out to anyone with knee problems! And with all the stairs here at the B&B, there was no way you and your husband would have been able to stay. We do hope you made it back home safely and the visit to the doctor made the cure a quick one!
Laval, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2016

We had a reservation at the 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast in Parry Sound on July 17,
on arrival but my physical condition had for result that I could'nt stay at Susan's B&B.
But at no charge, she found us a close place to stay that coud answerd my needs, and she also recommand a great restaurant at The Log Cabin Inn. We were treated as GUEST not custumers. We guests and hospitality members we must find ways to make sure that such behaviour are reconized as they are exceptional. Thank you Susan

• Stayed July 2016, travelled as a couple
stayparrysound, Owner at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 August 2016
Dear Gilbert-Caz:
Thank you for your very kind words! Our goal is to make your stay here one of the best you've ever had at a bed and breakfast - and we mean it! If we don't have what you need, then we will do everything we can to find it for you.

And in this case, it was also a learning experience for me - we must be much clearer that the air-conditioning we have is central air, so that guests who want to be able to control the temperature of their room to their personal satisfaction know that it is not possible with our system.

I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your time in Parry Sound!
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2016

We loved staying at 40 Bay St. Close to attractions and restaurants. The hostess/owner is very warm, welcoming and friendly as well as knowledgeable about services in Parry Sound. The house and the room are beautiful and luxurious. Breakfasts are great. The only drawback was no room with two beds available during our stay; however, king size bed is big enough that we were comfortable. Highly recommend this b&b. En suite private bathroom also luxurious, including bathrobes.

• Stayed July 2016, travelled with friends
stayparrysound, Owner at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 August 2016
Dear HK:

Thank you for your kind words - it was a pleasure to meet you and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. It is too bad that you weren't able to book earlier in order to stay in the Garden Room, which does have twin beds when required - maybe next time?
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Wonderful B&B run by a lovely hostess Susan. We were in the Garden Room. Very nice room with ensuite. Very very quiet air con and ceiling fan. Nice touches with tea and coffee station., night light on the landing and in the bathroom, coasters for drinks. Breakfast fruit, fresh baked muffins, omelette, waffle. Good pot of tea and fruit juice. Enjoyed the nearby jake cruse and close to restaurants. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2016, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret S
Dear Maragret S. - thank you for your kind words. It is always nice to anticipate guests' needs and be able to provide them with the things that make them feel at home! This past summer, the need for air conditioning was crucial and while you couldn't control the temperature in your room as it is central air, I am glad you found the room comfortable.
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

I had read the previous reviews so expected a pleasant stay, but it was beyond pleasant. Sue is an excellent host and the breakfast she offered was worthy of a fine restaurant.
Our room, the Retreat Room, was clean, spacious yet cozy.

Thanks Sue!

Stayed June 2016, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KEVIN P
Dear Kevin P: Thank you for your kind words about the breakfast - I am glad that I didn't know before the meal that you were a chef! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay!
Reviewed 6 February 2016

I needed a place to stay temporarily until I could find something more permanent because I was moving to Parry Sound. This B&B was recommended to me and I'm so glad it was! As it was my first B&B, I wasnt sure what to expect but the experience was amazing.
My room was soooo cute, had its own walk out deck, a huge king size bed and my own washroom!!!!!
As I was staying there longer than just a weekend I really appreciated the great selection of tv channels and the free wifi.
The use of the kitchen was a great advantage too, as I was able to save lots of money this way rather than buy all my meals (this doesnt apply in the summer months but Susan makes a great breakfast !!)
The location is great too as its right on the water and a 2 min walk to downtown Parry Sound.
Susan is a great hostess, such a great personality and conversationalist! Such a pleasure to be around !
I definitely recommend this B&B as the place to stay in Parry Sound.

• Stayed January 2016, travelled on business
stayparrysound, Owner at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 February 2016
Ola - it was our pleasure to host you! Having been a newbie in town when I moved here 10 years ago, I know how nice it is to have someone to ask questions and help find things.
We enjoy making everyone's stay the best it can be - whether they are here for a day, week or several weeks - no matter the time of year! As you noted, kitchen use is only available to people who stay long-term and during the off-season (and who are neat and tidy - like you!)
All the best in your new job and life in Parry Sound!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parry Sound
8.4 km away
Grand Tappattoo Resort
Grand Tappattoo Resort
#7 of 19 in Parry Sound

Been to 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!