“ARRIVED A STRANGER AND LEFT FEELING LIKE FAMILY”

40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Parry Sound B&B and Inns
Sarasota, Florida
“ARRIVED A STRANGER AND LEFT FEELING LIKE FAMILY”
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Have you ever booked accommodation somewhere, and then enjoyed the stay beyond your expectations? That is what happened for my sister and I last week when we stayed with Susan at her Bed and Breakfast on the Harbor Front in Parry Sound. We were so well cared for, and made to feel so welcome, that it felt like a visit with
family after 24 hours in her home. Her breakfast was amazing and her company and conversations with us, were so enjoyable. I requested a harbor view room and Susan honored that request. We laid in bed and watched the activity on the water. Three days past so quickly. I would recommend her B&B to anyone that wants a quiet enjoyable break away, from the busyness of life.

Room Tip: Our room was the smallest of the three rooms, but we had the only harbor view. We had our own washr...
  • Stayed September 2016, travelled with family
stayparrysound, Owner at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 October 2016
Dear Lois C: I was so impressed with the commitment you and your sister have made to get away, just the two of you, every year. I think that demonstrates a special bond between the two of you, and it was so kind to include me in your fun! I am glad you enjoyed your room and the breakfasts, and you are welcomed to return any time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed at 40 Bay Street for 3 nights during our touring holiday. Susan was a joy to stay with. It felt very "home from home" and everything was wonderful. The rooms were large with views of the garden and had everything you could want, including free wi-fi and a flat screen TV. The breakfasts were beautifully cooked and plenty of choice. Susan herself was a mind of information and a wonderful host.

Stayed September 2016, travelled with friends
I love it when people come and have fun at the B&B, Sally N! Your group was a treat to host and I am glad that you stayed in our Deluxe Rooms - the extra space makes the difference when you are staying for several days. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and made it home safely!
New Hamburg, ON
Reviewed 17 September 2016

This past week my sister and I stayed at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast - it was like visiting your favorite aunt in her home. Susan provided a wonderful breakfast each morning and we invited her to visit with her coffee. The rooms are very clean and have all the amenities - even free WiFi and flat-screen TV.
We would recommend it if you want to be near the water and enjoy the small town northern experience.

Room Tip: You can have a water view with queen-size bed or rooms with king-size beds - we chose the view.
  • Stayed September 2016, travelled with family
Dear JoyceNewHamburg-ON: Thank you for sharing your experience at 40 Bay Street B&B. We work very hard at making sure that your stay is comfortable and you have everything that you need. I am glad you found the house and your room clean -it is a high priority for us. I hope you and your sister enjoy many more trips together!
Toronto
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Well appointed 'Spa Room' was so relaxing. Exceeded expectations at all levels: location, informative and welcoming email confirmation, helpful suggestions for Parry Sound and a generous and scrumptious breakfast... one night was not enough!

• Stayed August 2016, travelled as a couple
Dear Roberta H - I am glad you had the opportunity for a bit of a breather between your hectic schedule. It must have been fate that the Retreat Room was available when you needed it! Parry Sound has so much to see and do any time of the year - but especially as you saw, during the summer months. We want to make sure our guests have the opportunity to do as little - or as much - as they want during their stay, so we try to send information beforehand via e-mail. I am glad you found it informative and useful!
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay with Susan at 40 Bay Street and our recommendation is even stronger. We stayed in the back room overlooking the lovely garden enabling us to enjoy the sunset, or simply sit out on the deck after a concert with a bottle of wine...
Susan is a wonderful host and phenomenal cook - her breakfasts are works of art and culinary delight, different every day with choices almost impossible to make.
Can't wait to return!!

Stayed July 2016, travelled as a couple
stayparrysound, Owner at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 August 2016
Dear LSZ
I am so glad we were able to maintain our reputation on your second visit! Thank you for staying, and we hope to see you again!
London, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2016

My family and I stayed here for my sister's wedding in July and it was a great experience! Susan is a great host and makes the best breakfasts you can eat! The rooms were large and clean with the bonus of air conditioning. 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast is in a great location right by the harbour front and a short walk to the downtown of Parry Sound. We all would stay here again if ever in the area just to visit with Susan! Thanks for making the wedding weekend extra special!

Room Tip: All the rooms were great!
  • Stayed July 2016, travelled with family
Dear Hermenamanda: I love it when guests make me feel part of their special times! Being able to host your family during the wedding - and helping to keep everything on time and going the way the bride wanted was very important to us. I do hope there is an opportunity for us to all get together again in the future. All the best to your sister and her new husband!
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Big thanks goes out to Susan Poole, for her understanding when my husband was injured and we were unable to stay with her at her quaint B&B overlooking the beautiful Parry Sound harbour! We were looking forward to our stay and hope we can come back soon! Just a pleasure to deal with from our first contact to the latest!! Great location, right at the harbour with lots of restaurants and great activities available to you close by.

Stayed August 2016, travelled as a couple
Dear Helen B:
My sympathy goes out to anyone with knee problems! And with all the stairs here at the B&B, there was no way you and your husband would have been able to stay. We do hope you made it back home safely and the visit to the doctor made the cure a quick one!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parry Sound
8.4 km away
Grand Tappattoo Resort
Grand Tappattoo Resort
#7 of 19 in Parry Sound

Been to 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!