“Great atmosphere”
Review of Elsie's Diner

Elsie's Diner
Ranked #7 of 111 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Elsie's Diner is a 50's style licensed full service 64 seat diner incorporating the 50's style in both decor as well as food selection. Our diner provides old fashioned home style meals using fresh local ingredients for eat in or take out. From the moment you enter Elsie's Diner you feel like you are stepping back in time. Customers can sit in a booth or a stool at the counter, enjoy our great 50's music and order a meal that they know is made fresh in our kitchen using local ingredients. Our menu includes many old fashioned favorites like mac and cheese, meatloaf and burgers as well as floats, malt shakes and banana splits. There are plenty of nostalgic signs and memorabilia to look at while they enjoy their meal or they can play the 50's trivia card game set at each table. A casual fun place to eat great home style food.
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

We chose this diner because we are boaters and we were looking for a place to eat with parking for the truck and boat...and we were not disappointed. Very easy to get to off the hwy.
Place was clean and very retro...some great history to along with the diner.
Great family feel w awesome local food and good portion sizes.
We had lunch but the breakfasts looked good too.
We will definately return and maybe next time w thd kids ;)

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

I totally loved the atmosphere at Elsie’s! We visited twice, once for breakfast and once for a late lunch. I had Elvis’ favourite sandwich which was good. They had many more fun, delicious options. As for lunch I got their Uber advertised and loved fried chicken. The gravy and fries were delicious!!!! The chicken was boring and not seasoned. I would totally go back to Elsie’s... they have an wide variety menu!

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Wife and I stopped in here while on vacation last week and had a great meal. Diner is 1950's themed and you could tell right away the place was good because it was full and a lot of locals. They have great diner type food such as burgers and even hot dogs, but they also have great comfort food like meat loaf and hot turkey dinners with mashed potatoes and corn. Deserts includes great sundaes and malted milk shakes. Highly recommended. I actually had for dinner the grilled cheese with sliced apples and my wife had a great cesear salad (small size) with chicken. The two meals plus a coffee, milkshake and sundae for reference came to $38.75. Also, the service was excellent.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

We went to Elsie’s yesterday for lunch with our twin toddlers and we loved it! They were set up well for children, with lots of high chairs and colouring sheets / crayons.
Our girls loved looking at the bright memorabilia around and it made a really nice change to eat somewhere a bit different.
The massive plus point from me was the gluten free food. We are on vacation in Canada and I have been a bit surprised with the lack of gluten free food and even the knowledge of food ingredients etc at restaurants (or lack of it.)
At Elsie’s I could eat pretty much anything as they had GF bread / burger buns and I could have even had a gluten free pancake or waffle if I wanted!

Everyone was really friendly and we had a super time; thank you!

1  Thank EllenandRob
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Great place for a good breakfast. Cute, fifty-style decor which is particularly nice because there is a lot of interesting info on the original owners and the current family
decendents who run the place.
There is a nice choice of menu items. I had an omelette, potatoes and toast, all of which were very good. Clean bathrooms, and reasonably priced.