“Great little stop for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner!”
Review of Elsie's Diner

Elsie's Diner
Ranked #7 of 112 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Elsie's Diner is a 50's style licensed full service 64 seat diner incorporating the 50's style in both decor as well as food selection. Our diner provides old fashioned home style meals using fresh local ingredients for eat in or take out. From the moment you enter Elsie's Diner you feel like you are stepping back in time. Customers can sit in a booth or a stool at the counter, enjoy our great 50's music and order a meal that they know is made fresh in our kitchen using local ingredients. Our menu includes many old fashioned favorites like mac and cheese, meatloaf and burgers as well as floats, malt shakes and banana splits. There are plenty of nostalgic signs and memorabilia to look at while they enjoy their meal or they can play the 50's trivia card game set at each table. A casual fun place to eat great home style food.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lots to look at and reminisce about in this 50's diner! This place is always busy...and for good reason! The food is excellent! The staff work quickly to get you seated and ready to order. Our children love going here for breakfast!

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Great local favourite for Breakfast, Lunch or Supper. Good quality home cooking prepared promptly. Heathy portion sizes.
A great spot.

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

I had researched places to eat in Owen Sound and saw Elsie's Diner mentioned. Say no more my husband and I love diners!
When I saw the pictures I personally thought no place can look that shiny and clean. Well Elsie's Diner does. The red leather on the booth seats and chairs sparkle. That's a good thing.
The menu was varied and most items run around $13 to $15 dollars so it is not cheap to eat here. My husband ordered the Clubhouse and I had a bowl of soup. That's because we had planned to have dinner around six. Anyway the soup was very good and for $3.48 it was even better considering it was a big bowl of soup. The Clubhouse had big chunks of chicken in it. Lots of fries and cooked well $13.99. A pop was ordered and the charge was $2.79 but included free refills. Considering that's expensive when you do not have a refill.
As I looked around the hamburgers seemed to be very large and juicy, the mac and cheese was so large the individual took half home. Then there are the shakes $4.29. Now they looked super! A table behind us had the chocolate milkshake while the one beside us had the strawberry shake. Mouthwatering!
As we waited for our food it was entertaining to look around us and see all the 50's items displayed. Right from an old record player, toy cars, baby buggy and even a Gumby.
I definitely want to go back to this restaurant to try one of those delicious hamburgers and of course a shake.
The only complaint we had was the service was beyond slow.
If you are in a hurry this is not the place to eat. Hopefully this will change.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Just went here on Saturday for a family thanksgiving, i think there were around 19 of us including my wheelchair bound FIL. Elsie's did a great job of accommodating us & Turkey Dinner was the special of the day. Food was great, my wife had the turkey dinner & I had the Nachos with chicken. both were excellent.
Will certainly be going back.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

The food is good. However, almost $30 for two sandwiches is just too expensive. It was also extremely slow. This is NOT a quick take out! Also, although my order was taken fairly promptly, several people left without placing an order as they were being ignored. I would never good back.