“Great value and great tasting Greek food!”

Aubergine Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #41 of 305 Restaurants in Newmarket
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

I have been there for work lunches a couple of times. The restaurant appears to be a pub from the outside. The food is really tasty/fresh and the price is very reasonable. Love their fresh-out-of-the-oven pita bread!

They also have a patio at the back with a great view of the Newmarket Riverwalk Commons. Great spot for casual lunch and dinner. It is great to see diversity in food on Main St!

Reviewed May 27, 2017

My wife and I decided to try this little gem on Main street last night.
It is a small intimate restaurant that is not in a rush to punt you out the door.
The restaurant only has 10 tables and a small back outdoor patio.
We both had a drink to start off. They offer a good selection of craft beer to which I had a Beau's lug tread
My wife had Bousquet ( organic wine less the sulfides you find in regular wine).
Both were reasonably priced.
Our appetizers we tried were very good consisting of shrimp, calamari and hummus.
The owner Anna was very pleasant.
We are going to re-attend for a full regular dinner as the menu looked very inviting.
The restaurant serves a range of Mediterranean fare.

Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

My mom and I were very excited to try the new addition to Main Street. Nice decor, and the pita with herbed butter that came first was a great start. The red sangria, also very good!

My mom had the octopus salad for $18, which was literally 12 pieces of bagged mixed greens with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and one piece of octopus that was very overcooked - she could hardly cut it. We were so disappointed. I had the fungi salad, which had more lettuce, and did taste better than the octopus.

With so many amazing restaurants on Main Street, we won't return. Very disappointing.

Reviewed May 8, 2017

My husband and me often trying different restaurants for diner. This time we visited Aubergine Kitchen on Main Street. We liked the first minute the nice and tasteful decorations,the open-kitchen and the atmosphere.I was very impressed even with the washrooms downstairs.The bartender made excellent drinks for us.Then we ordered our food.Both of us liked the falafel,the chicken shawarma.Everything was delicious, freshly made with beautiful presentation.Service was prompt and friendly.The tiramisu and the baklava are fantastic ! I would recommend coming here and taste what this restaurant offering.
We will be back soon !

Reviewed April 26, 2017

Highly recommend this delitful restaurant. Decor is inviting, tasteful, cozy, interesting and classy. The service was attentive, friendly and warm. The food was tasty, well presented, good portions ... my husband is a solid man and he left very satisfied. The music enhanced our experience ... relaxing Mediterranean. Cushions were inviting, comfy and tasteful. My husband is challenged with his hearing when we visit places with loud music, this restaurant was just perfect for comfortable conversations. I would defiantly recommend this restaurant!!!

1  Thank 311donna