“Wonderful experience”

Aubergine Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #45 of 306 Restaurants in Newmarket
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

I visited the aubergine kitchen and bar restaurant in Newmarket with some childhood friends. We made a reservation and when we came in we were mesmerized by the beautiful decor. It was very relaxing and the server was very welcoming from the time we stepped in. She made sure we had everything we needed and that everything was to our liking. We tried a few appetizers to start. The fried calamari, aubergine dish and scallops were the best I’ve had in a very long time. You can clearly tell everything is fresh and homemade. I ordered the vaziri kabob with rice. It came with two skewers, some vegetables and rice. I’ve tried kabobs from different locations and this was by far the most seasoned and tender kabob I have ever had. We finished the night with tiramisu and their home made baklava. Their baklava alone was enough to get me to go back. Ever since my visit in January I’ve come back with friends and family and have never been disappointed. The chef and his wife have done a tremendous job at making this a go to spot in Newmarket! Would definitely recommend this spot to anyone!

1  Thank kkhosh

Reviewed February 4, 2018

went here for a friends dinner and the service was good if you did not get the owner - she was abrupt and could put you off your stay. The food was good not amazing, but good... Saffron Chicken was Light on the saffron. Wine was warm - still trying to figure out why but was a good night and would try again to see if other meals were better.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

We were looking for a spot to eat while visiting friends in Newmarket and came unto this spot by accident as the place we were referred to was to busy to take our party of 7. The food was awesome. So flavouful and delicious. We all had different plates and yet we all said the same thing. Service was great. The place had great atmosphere and was very clean....even the washrooms which to me always show what the owners really card about their customers....we will definitely be back

2  Thank David A
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Went a couple of times when it first opened and had rude server and bad experiences although food was good.

Decided to try it again and found the new staff to be much kinder and eager to please. Service was attentive and friendly. Nice patio out the back. Good food.

Excellent Vegetarian Moussaka or Falaffel.

Try it.

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a different experience one Saturday and I found this place on Trip Advisor , we made a last minute reservation which was easily accommodated . We arrived on time and were immediately seated . The menu has dishes from different Mediterranean regions from Italy Greece and North Africa . I ordered the veal kebabs , the portion was a bit small but very tasty . My wife ordered the Spaghetti With meat sauce and said it was the best she had ever had . Another in our party had a different Kebab and was pleased with the choice . We all shared a very large portion of Tiramisu for desert . Our server was attentive and the bill was quite reasonable for 4 persons . There was live entertainment on the Saturday evening we were there , a piano player who was very entertaining and added to the overall atmosphere . We will go back again .