“Mr Greek restaurant”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2016

My #2restaurant in Newmmarket (after Gulach house in Main str Newmarket)Mr.Greek !
The best LAMB...menu exellent!Grilling or rost...I love lamb and only this place the good cook lamb,but the best,best lamb in Greek festival in July,Pantilimon greek church,on Wardon rd.
Mr Greek very good stuff,very fast service,good portion,good price,good greek wine!
I talk with owner about lamb...(I prefer canadian lamb)good conversation,answer honestly my questions...
Salad very good,real greek....with good gout cheese,olives etc
Most places salads very poor and I never order salad another places,but this place very good!
I like rice,bake potatoes ,very good !!
After dinner in this place my plate always clean....
I very much enjoy food on this place!
THANK YOU for all staff,special for cook....
See you sometimes...

Reviewed October 25, 2016

Both time we went, it was so hot ( air conditioning was broken in July and then again in August ? ) that we simply turn around. We ask if another part of the restaurant was cooler but no. Now that the weather is better, I don't feel like going back. I just think that AC is so basic, so for them neglecting to fix it, they aren't serious about costumer service.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

Mr Greek is one of our favourite places to eat. Good, Affordable and good service. The menu was changed and the Classic Souvlaki Dinners no longer come with a Greek Salad. The Meat portions are also noticeably smaller as well but the prices have been slowly creeping up. You used to get your money's worth and more.

Value wise, Mr. Greek has unfortunately and inevitably become a Chain restaurant where the bottom line is more important than Quality.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

My wife and I were returning from a delightful weekend on Stoney Lake. As it was getting near dinner time, and we did not want to start cooking at home, we decided to find a place to eat.

My wife had a craving for old style Fish and Chips. I did not feel like eating that much greasy food, so we decided to go to Mr Greek at 17725 Yonge Street in Newmarket.

I should have had the fish and chip.... they would have probably be less fatty and greasy.

First, the place was nearly empty, should have been a warning.

Second, we asked to sit at a table by the window on the side of the building without the sun shining.

The waiter, who I believe may have also been the owner or general manager, tried to take us to a booth, in the middle of the restaurant. Standing our ground and not wanting to sit in the dark, with a table booth beside us with two crying children under the age of 2 , he begrudging took us to the window.

We ordered drinks , and water and set about reviewing the menu. The beer was warm and flat. My wife's diet coke was a glass filled with ice cubes and a splash of diet coke.

Waiting something refreshing I order the dolmedes, which I usually love. After taking the first bite, the other 3 and 2/3 dolmedes stayed on my plate. The filling was dry and tasteless.

My wife order a Pork souvlaki dinner. She asked for no onions on her Greek salad. It came with onions. The pork was over cooked and dry.

As my wife does not like lamb, and I do not get it at home, I order the lamb chops. The chops came to the table, in a puddle of fat juice, with a Greek salad without onions ( I had asked for them ) and two of their roasted ( boiled and dripped in some red sause) potatoes .

Luckily I had a side dish, as I filled it with the strips of fat from my chops. There was a good 50 / 50 ratio of fat to meat on the chops.

The waiter / manager/ owner only had three tables in the section he was handling. The third table was obviously someone he knew, as he spent most of his time there, discussing how slow business was etc etc.

I finally took our water glasses up to the bar to get a refill.

Service was lousy, the food greasy and for the most part could not be swallowed.

Should have gone for the Fish and Chips at the other restaurant. Like my wife said later as we drove out, "Told you So "

Reviewed May 14, 2016

Our family of four decided to drop in for dinner after the mall closed. We sat down and ordered in a timely fashion, we ordered three classic souvlaki dinners and one kids meal. The kids meal came to the table within about 15-20 minutes but we waited over an hour for the 3 souvlaki dinners. Just past the 1 hour mark, I t turns out that our food was delivered to the table behind us and they refused it, as it was not their order. A few moments later our waitress brought the food back out to us, we requested that the food be changed as we felt it improper that our food was already on someone else's table and then presented to us. She assured us in the beginning that it was not the case and then admitted that it had been and that it was being changed. We spoke with the dining room supervisor who stated that the kitchen was one person short and that he would speak to them, which didn't solve my problem at all. Then we were offered a complimentary dessert, which again did not solve but attempted to cover up my problem.

This restaurant used to be good and you got good value (good food & good service). It is a shame that a place like this fails solely because of their success as they get lazy and too confident because they begin to think they don't have to work hard anymore to satisfy the customers.

My parents stopped going there about 1 1/2 years ago due to quality changes and now my family of 4 is done as well and I will pass it on.