All reviews the beds were super comfortable would stay here again tim hortons room was clean star hotel smoking room non smoking two nights free wifi great place to stay comfort inn shower microwave cleanliness buttertart pillows festival
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Needed an inexpensive place to stay for two nights during the Midland Buttertart Festival. The Kings Inn fit the bill. Check it was seamless and the owners were really friendly. The room, while small, was very tidy and had everything we needed - other than a coffee maker. My only tiny complaint was we couldn't make coffee in the morning. The motel was only a few minutes from the heart of Midland and the best part is, a cab ride anywhere in Midland is only $9. We visited the Cellerman's Ale House one night for dinner and drinks which I would highly recommend. If you are visiting the Midland area and need an inexpensive place to stay, check out this motel. You won't regret the choice.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

My wife was kind of weird about staying here because we saw interaction that should of went down but me from a big city shake-it off. We were in 122 and when I took a shower there was bottom flood that was odd. I took my plumber skills looked at the drain realize someone hair or something was stuck in there. Tried to remove for my wife’s morning shower there was no luck. I told room service she called maintenance. Hopefully that gets fixed. No iron or board had to call for one. Fuses have been blown in there so my question is why rent the room fix it?? Actually to bring people back for more update and upgrade. Besides negative the service was nice not mean at all but I can tell whoever is behind the scenes please I mean please fix the room or rooms, beds look good that’s it.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

If by the term "basic" you mean no heat than this is a basic place to stay. No heat in early March in Midland! Thermostat only goes to 24 degrees but it doesn't matter cz all that comes out is cold air. No blankets on the bed. Only a thin bedspread that had not heat value. No blankets in the room...Anywhere. Of course there couldn't be any in the closet cz there was no closet. Thankfully I have an emergency blanket in my car that I went out at midnight to get as I couldn't stand it any longer. Slept with my clothes and 2 pairs of socks on wrapped around my emergency blanket. Sheets were so threadbare you could actually see through them in some sections. No Kleenex. Nowhere to sit unless you could get comfortable on what looked like 2 old straight backed dining room chairs.

Lesson learned. You get what you pay for. I didn't pay much ($50) and I didn't get much.

Only plus was it waa clean.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank OnTheRochs
Reviewed January 1, 2018

We stayed here just after Christmas and for the price, it was a great place to stay. Unlike some motels/hotels there is an option for smoking rooms or non-smoking. Not something you find a lot of, in my experience. Sure there was the odd burn in the carpet or on the furniture, but what else would you expect from a smoking room? Lol. I was just happy that neither my wife nor myself were forced to smoke outside in -25 or lower winter weather! It made our stay enjoyable.

The critical reviews were critical for what these people "expected" to get and didn't. This is NOT a Travelodge, Best Western, Comfort Inn or Hilton hotel. It's a $60 or so a night motel. Be happy, that it's comfortable and clean I say. Sure, there was no coffee maker, no free coffee, not "continental" breakfast (which are usually overrated anyway and awful). This place is a "no frills" motel and the amenities reflect such. You get a microwave and small fridge, a T.V. with lots of channels, free Wifi and a phone. There is no alarm clock, so bring your own or use your cell phone for an alarm, or ask for a wake up call maybe, from the front desk. He seems like a nice enough guy, that he might do that, just as many motels/hotels do.

The beds are o.k. (firm, but soft) and the sheets are clean. The pillows were very fluffy, the sink, toilet and shower were clean. It's a dated place, sure, as one review indicated, but the rooms have been modernized a bit also and are clean. With things like ceramic tile in the bathrooms and you get basically what you'd expect from a very reasonably priced motel. We had clean towels, drinking glasses that were sealed in plastic wrap (not some glasses that were cleaned with furniture polish or chemicals like some places, you'd be surprised what happens at some places).

I have to say, that for the price, I was impressed with what it was. The owner is a very nice man and accommodating. He wants to make sure your stay is as enjoyable as it can be, so you consider coming back (and I would). The cleaning lady knocked on our door to see if we needed anything, when we did a two night stint after doing a one nighter earlier in our 4 day visit. The service is good. I have zero complaints really. It's NOT a fleabag motel, that's for sure. You could easily do much worse for the same money. This is a decently run motel overall and I got exactly what I expected. Any more than this and you are into the $80-$100 a night places. If you want good eats or coffee, there is a Tim Hortons down the road (about a block) and less than a block away there is a Chinese restaurant, a convenience store and a pizzeria. So, despite the lack of food options at the motel, there are those things close by. There is at least a drink vending machine on site and the drinks are only a dollar. Good enough, for the price you are paying really. I would stay here again, no doubt, because the value is good really.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

We visit with friends here. The owners are always willing to help if you have a problem.

This is not your fancy chain motel, but you aren't paying the price either. This area is a big tourist area and many rooms can cost you $200.00 on a weekend night during the "season".

Clean, comfortable room, not fancy, but it doesn't advertise it is.

Date of stay: November 2017