Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Thomas F
Ontario, Canada

Unexpected upgrade

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 11, 2020
We were spending just one night with two young grandkids. We booked a room with 2 beds and a pull out couch, but when we arrived they put us in a huge room with 3 beds. The kids loved the pool and gret breakfast. We will definitely stay there again.
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
MidlandOn, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review
Responded Mar 12, 2020
Thank you for your appreciation and happy to hear you the kids loved the pool and our great breakfast. We do whatever we can to make our guests stay comfortable.
Look forward to your next visit.
C$110
    C$400
  • Booking.com
14.7 km from Quality Inn & Conference Centre
View more hotels in Midland
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2020 via mobile

BE AWARE:

I have been going to this hotel for over 30 years now although it has been sometime since my last visit. Since my last visit alot has changed clearly and for the worse unfortunately. It has went from The Best Western 5 star hotel to getting new ownership, management and dropping scores. It's went from The Best Western to the Quality Inn 3.5 star and I now see exactly why after my experience and coming to TripAdvisor to see all of these reviews! I called to book a honeymoon suite a couple weeks ago for my child's birthday party. I picked this hotel because I've celebrated many birthdays for my children here over the years without any issues. Never was I made to book their ballroom for a birthday party (1 kid other then my two sons) and a few adult guests so nothing BIG. Even prior years the most I had was 7 children and none of the owners or management at that time had issues. They we're always welcoming and happy to have us back. The only rule was of course no more then the room capacity for overnight stay which I can understand and respect. I can't wrap my head around booking a ballroom when I am not looking to bring hundreds of people to this party. Prior to giving my credit card information for my reservation I explained to the women on the phone working the front desk that I was celebrating my child's birthday party. I asked if I could get the room earlier then 3pm as I wanted to put out a few decorations before our kids and guest arrived. The women on the phone said that wouldn't be a problem to call the morning of to make sure it was available to come set up. Let me tell you, the front desk receptionist are lacking communication skills along side with the owners who have absolutely ridiculous strict rules in place whom their workers don't seem to be aware of what so ever. I made the receptionist I spoke to on the phone quite aware I was having a party and she did confirm I could set up prior. Fast forward to yesterday and today when I took the time to drive from out of town to the hotel to check out a couple rooms to choose from. Both days the owner turnt me away. Yesterday he told me it was booked and gave an excuse why I couldn't see the other room. I decided I'd came back today and he tells me unfortunately the people booked it for another six days. Also I couldn't see the other room either once again. He actually thought I was that gullible but I let him believe him own lies. He went on again to speak about how they have ballrooms for birthday parties that I was to NOT to have a party in the room, no setting up any decorations and know more then 4 vistors! I've been to many hotels including Quailty Inn chains not only in Canada but outside and never heard such a rule in my entire life! All I wanted to do was blow up some balloons for the floor, put out a few picture frames on the night stands, have a few kids in the room to enjoy the jacuzzi tub and buy swimming passes for the rest of us to use the pool. I wasn't looking to do any serious room renovations, take any walls down, move furniture, put tacks, nail holes in their walls I just wanted to set up for a party of 3 children. Here I am now days out from my sons birthday scrambling for another hotel because of the lack of communication between the employees, the owners, and the customers being told one thing by the employees and another thing from the owners. Anyone who is thinking about even booking here please READ all the reviews from prior customers first before booking your stay here. I highly recommend booking at the COMFORT INN SUPER 8 or any other Midland hotels you'll have better customer service, care and welcoming. In the end they lose money, customers, reputation and their name. Be sure to tell all your family and friends because as we all know before the world of internet word of mouth has always been an effective method to getting such reviews out there.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank travelingfirstclass
MidlandOn, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2020

Thank you for your comments on your recent interaction with us. We have party rooms for parties and guest rooms and suites for overnight stays. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any inquires.

Reviewed February 16, 2020

This is not a new hotel. And there are some measured efforts that they are taking to improve the aesthetics, so that is easily forgivable.

A little less so is the lackadaisical response from the front desk with unruly customers. We were placed in a hallway with several loud teenagers shouting and making other noise, and flanked by a room playing loud rap music and another banging something against the wall incessantly. We were about 4 hours from home and wanted to just drive back but it was late and there was a snowstorm.

I approached the front desk and they provided an alternate room in the opposite corner of the hotel. It was adequate - the walls still paper thin and unruly guests making a whole lot of noise at all hours, but seeing as management will never address these situations/complaints everyone continues to do it knowing they full well with get away with it.

It completely ruined the guest experience. The small saving grace was the front desk's willingness and (thankfully) ability to reduce the inconvenience.

We will not stay again.

1  Thank L L
MidlandOn, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2020

Thank you for your feedback and it was unfortunate that you were disturbed by other guests in the hotel.
Hope to see you again on your next visit.
Best regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2020 via mobile

Nice place to stay for everybody, mainly children and teenagers, on the weekend.
A good swimming pool, hot tub, a dry sauna, relaxing chairs and towels. A good entertainment.
A spacious area for the breakfast. It had juices, coffee, cereals, scrambled and boiled eggs, sausage, French toast, etc.
Very friendly front desk agents . Fast check in and check out.
Room was spacious, with two queen beds. It had TV, mini fridge, coffee maker and an office desk. There's a make up area in front of the bathroom. Everything was very clean.
Accustic isolation of the room is not so good. The window air conditioning was an old model.
It's a good place to enjoy the weekend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
MidlandOn, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2020

Thank you for your feedback and positive comments.
We appreciate you taking the time and pointing out and appreciating all the amenities we offer.
Thank you once again and look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Reviewed February 2, 2020

I can imagine that at one time, this was a top hotel. It is aged and badly in need of renos. My daughter and grandkids came up to visit and I booked them into a suite. This consisted of two queen beds and a pullout couch. My grandson found bottles of shampoo under the bed (guess they didn't vacuum that area). Fingerprints were evident on the furniture & some kind of food residue on the couch. There was a hockey tournament in town, so the pool area was swarming with young kids. The hot tub was not hot & full of children. The restaurant in the hotel is high end, so if you do not wanna drop a couple of hundred dollars for dinner for four, I suggest you dine elsewhere.

1  Thank Kate W

Thank you for your response and comments.
We are undergoing renovations and upgrades to give our guests a better experience.
Best Regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2019

Outdated rooms, grungy we stayed in the motel outbuilding could be better in the main building? Hot breakfast truly repulsive....paper plates and plastic cutlery no recycling shameful. Front desk was helpful after a ridiculous booking experience through the central call centre.

Plus side bed was comfortable and we were able to bring our 🐕.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MidlandOn, Manager at Quality Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and comments which will help us improve our services.
Happy to hear you found our bed comfortable and front desk helpful.