“Terrific place for a party.”

Descendants Beer and Beverage Co Ltd.
Ranked #5 of 54 things to do in Kitchener
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: THIS IS WHO WE ARE! Descendants Beer & Beverage Co. is an award winning Ontario Craft Brewery at 319 Victoria St. N. in Kitchener. Our European-style bierhalle has a full bar, eatery and a retail shop with cans, bottles, growler fills and merchandise. We also have a wonderfully unique and flexible venue for your next special event. We host weddings, anniversaries, bachelor/bachelorette parties, trade shows, ​employee appreciation parties and many other events. We specialize in "craft", brewing our own recipes on our 15 hectalitre brewhouse. We also serve Craft Spirits, Craft Cider, Craft Soda and guest taps from other Ontario Craft Breweries in our full service bar.
Reviewed December 6, 2017

We wanted a casual atmosphere, good food, good beer and a fun night. The staff at Descends were very helpful in planning a very special birthday. We all had a terrific time, the food was buffet style and totally yummy and the staff helped make the birthday boy's evening very special.

All reviews
"local pub"
"board games"
"different beers"
in 2 reviews
"staff was super friendly"
"pretzels"
"a lot of fun"
"bonnie"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed November 10, 2017

This brewery has an awesome vibe, no deep fryer but great fresh food, awesome beer, cider and a whole bunch of board games anyone can play. I love the picnic tables, end up sitting with strangers and making new friends.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

There were at least 10 beers of their own and another 4 guest beers from other craft breweries. Four of us all had a flight of four to try different beers and we liked them all. That said, I thought there was an underlying commonality to them all.

The brewmaster has a thing for Belgian beers as there were 3+ when we were there.

Food was good - simple, but tasty. You can buy Beer to take with you - cans or growlers.

We'll be back.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Had a great time playing Music Bingo on Thursday nights. I wouldn't suggest going hungry as they only have snacks. Also-be prepared to fend for yourself. There is no table service. You wait in line to get your beer and food. I wasn't bothered by this but if you're looking for a relaxing drink and quiet times-don't go Thursday evenings.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Sometimes you don't know what to do on family day.
Descendants was advertising Disney characters visiting and activities for the kids. I have to admit taking my kids to a brewery on family day wasn't my first choice but I have to say they did a great job. The kids were so happy to meet Rapunzel and enjoyed the pretzels with beer cheese dip.
I have filled up growlers and the price is very reasonable and I always am able to try a new brew. The staff are friendly and it's very clean facility.
I highly recommend visiting here if you are on your own, on a date or in a big group.
I haven't been to any live music events yet but I look forward to attending one of those nights.
The owner was very personable during my visits and made sure I was satisfied.
The picture was my take home package!

1  Thank kraig k