Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Algotels
C$143
All reviews bowling alley aqua restaurant breakfast buffet sauna concert vanity
Selected filters
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

I had a great stay and the fitness center was a welcome amenity. The staff was also a great surprise. I think the staff members name was Vish? He was really helpful and I look forward to coming back again!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Storyteller827276, Martina Gareau Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2019

ACE C,
Thank you for you kind words, they will be passed on to the staff, especially Vish! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were provided with excellent service. We look forward to seeing you again!
Warm regardsq

Reviewed January 31, 2019

So the overnight stopover started off badly and never really got any better!
On a cold snowy night, trying to get into the entrance short term parking area, we were stuck half in the road as the pizza guy was delivering and had taken up room right at the entrance!!!! Scary! Note - hotel should enforce rules!!!
Checking in was miserable - the receptionist never once looked me in the eye as she booked me in (previously booked online so it was a quick check in) There was no "Welcome..." A smile costs nothing they say....!!!!!!
The ambience of the reception/foyer area was cold - physically and actually.
I was handed over a little pocket of coupons - including an extra charge of $12 for parking!! WHAAAT No mention of that when I booked online. Not happy! (Still no eye contact!)

Up to the room we go - after a long treacherous journey - ready to relax before our evening appointment. The room was cold. No problem, we upped the thermostat.
Room was clean. Coffee/tea (2 tea bags!) for guest use. Bathroom was tiny. BUT No room to place washbags! No room to fit the cat - never mind swing it!!!!(joke - as in no room to swing a cat !!!)

Breakfast ------- which I had prepaid - included in the booking price.
A good selection to choose from, cereals, fruits, cooked foods. We opted for cooked food as we had another wintery drive ahead of us. Not a good decision.
For a hotel this size and price one would expect edible food!
Seriously - the sausages were like rubber, mine bounced off my fork twice before I managed to stab it - and only ate half of it!!! So bad. The bacon was like the packets of ready cooked that you get in a Tim Hortons BLT - pre-formed and processed - not even real bacon? Tasted of...hmm not really sure. Eggs - choice of scrambed or egg bakes - I chose the healthier option of baked, bad decision. Tasteless. Looked better than they actually were.
The fruit and yogurt were fine. Coffee was ok ( advertised as Starbucks)
But all of it was warm - not hot.

The decor is modern, but cold physically - with no atmosphere.
The main front door is beyond the dining room, and creates drafts every time it opens (automatically, so keeps opening and closing as people go near it) So if you're in the dinng room you get the full force of it!
After a cold meal (shivering) we left to pack - and hit the road. No chance of us going back there. And for the price we paid, we'd have been better off staying in motel type accommodation and buying our breakfast out - a BLT in Tim Hortons possibly???

Room tip: Not sure - but lots of rooms in hte hotel......
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Escapeesfromthefreez
Storyteller827276, Martina G Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2019

Dear Escapeesfromthefreez,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to leave a detailed review. Your comments are important to us and will be passed on to upper management for review and follow up. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations for a perfect 10/10 stay with us. We do hope that you will reconsider and give us another chance so that we may provide you with a perfect 10/10 stay with us the next time around.

Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

The hotel itself is all right but in need of some maintenance. My issues is that I discovered my train was two hours late and would miss my connection in Toronto. When I asked the front desk person how best to get to union station in Toronto, her reply was I could probably take a cab or airways transit. The latter only goes to the airport. She then went back to her computer occasionally glancing up to see why I hadn’t left yet. She never offered to call me a cab or bother to tell me about the GoBus service 4 blocks away. A security guard at a nearby mall made that suggestion.

If your going to work in the service industry remember you’re there to keep your customers happy, not act annoyed at the interruption

Trip type: Travelled solo
Storyteller827276, Martina Gareau Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2019

Michael,

Thank you for your feedback, your comments are important to us. I will be following up with the front desk staff in regards to your experience. Please know that this is not the usual experience of our guests and for that I apologize. We do hope you will stay with us again so that we may provide you with a perfect 5/5 stay the next time you find yourself needing accommodations.

Reviewed January 24, 2019 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Very well situated for checking out downtown Kitchener. Great fitness and rec centre and clean room. Was there for a week and staff was extremely friendly. Special thanks to Ben for giving us a lift to a local pub.

Trip type: Travelled on business

David,
Thank you for your wonderful review, your comments will be passed on to the staff, especially Ben. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and facilities and are looking forward to seeing you again sometime soon!

Reviewed January 24, 2019 via mobile

The support and services thru management for transportation on the cold mornings and group event at night was fantastic and made the week long stay with 20+ people. Especially Ben the driver who was informative and professional!!!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dale,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it is appreciated. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, particularly the shuttle service from Ben. We look forward to your next visit with us!