Lowest prices for your stay
C$162
Fully refundable before Thu, Mar 14
CrownePlaza.com
Algotels
C$139
All reviews bowling alley aqua restaurant breakfast buffet sauna concert vanity
Selected filters
Reviewed November 6, 2023

This place is terrible! The service is easily the WORST I have ever seen. The front desk staff made it difficult to check in. The woman kept telling me she couldn't find my booking and that the confirmation number that I had "wasn't going to help." Well, she finally tried it and found me no problem. I can't blame her for being cranky, as there was always a line of 4+ people waiting to talk to the front desk. I got to my room and there are bugs in my bed. Tiny little ants crawling around (GROSS). The place is dirty. I've never seen so much dust in a vent. They came the first day to clean my room and took all the dirty towels and didn't replace them. I called to get them replaced and no one ever came. Then, on the second day, they came to clean the room and didn't make the bed but replaced the towels?!? Then the wifi went out. I still can't get connected after calling the front desk. They were zero help in trying to fix it, and she gave me attitude when I asked for more direction on how to feel it. A terrible stay. Of all the travelling I've done, this has been my worst experience I've ever had. DO NOT STAY WITH THEM.

Room tip: Just dont stay here
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2023

Hi Dana L,

We thank you for providing feedback and choosing to stay at our Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo. We appreciate you as a valued guest and for choosing IHG Hotels & Resorts as your travel partner.

The goals of Crowne Plaza are to achieve high-quality standards, deliver guest satisfaction, and serve travelers' needs. I'm sorry to learn about the situation. I shared your feedback with the hotel management so that necessary actions are in place to improve guest satisfaction. I trust their resolution will make your next stay with us better than the last.

I sent you a private message to discuss this further. I hope you read it at your most convenient time.

Frenzel A.
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed October 23, 2023 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Parking was included and on-site. The room was fresh, modern and very clean. The downstairs bar relaxing and inviting. Location was 5 mins from the concert venue we were attending. It was perfect for us!!

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2023

Horrible experience trying to check into this hotel. Zero effort to try and work with guests. As a member of IHG since 2012 this is the most upsetting experience we have had. Location is very clearly run poorly with no adherence to the quality standards of the IHG brand. Room types that are booked are not honored. Discounts offered are retracted. Our entire group of 10 had issues/concerns. 4 of us did not even stay. Advice - book the better Holiday Inn properties that are in Kitchener/Waterloo AVOID this one. AWFUL

Date of stay: October 2023
1  Thank The N
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2023

Hi The N,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo and sharing your experience. We appreciate you for doing business with IHG® Hotels & Resorts.

We strive to give excellent and impressive service to all our guests, and I am sorry for what happened during your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the hotel management, and I'm confident that the necessary steps will be taken, so we can better serve you in the future. I’ve also sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your stay.

We value your feedback and welcome the opportunity to serve you better. I look forward to your response.

Crisel V.
IHG® Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed September 10, 2023

Avoid staying here at all costs!!!! This place has no idea what the meaning of customer service is. During our stay, we went to three different rooms. During our first night, there was a false alarm and forced to evacuate st 2 am. It turned out to be nothing. Apparently some of the guests were playing with the fire sprinklers due to lack of security, staff, cleansers the guests tend to run rampant. The roof was leaking with buckets capturing rain falls. Looked like there was little to no cleaners on site as there was food platters from room service left outside doors for more than 5 hours at a time. We never saw a cleaner come to our room once during our 4 night stay. They had a banquet party booked on the same level as the guest rooms with music pounding and walls shaking until 11 pm. Then we checked out, we realized that my husband left his wallet in the room but we were already at the airport and person assured on the phone assured us it was there and we could call later to arrange for them to send us our wallet. When we called back, we were told it was against their policy to send personal items and we would have to pick it up personally although we are from BC. They have hijacked my wallet and are not cooperating to sending it back to me claiming it is against policy. It has been an appalling experience. I would rather pitch a tent at the tent city in town than stay a night here for free.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank H S
Reviewed September 1, 2023

We found the street to be noisy with street car, crossing light and street cleaners. If you don't get breakfast included the charges are a bit much, ex. $20 for buffet breakfast. $8 to use mini golf $10 for bowling etc. It just didn't go as well as we had planned.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2023

Hi PerryF48,

Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo and writing about your experience. Here in our hotel, we’ve thought of everything to help you unwind and rest easier, ensuring a productive day ahead.

I read your evaluation of our services and am sorry for what happened. I understand your thinking about these matters, and to this end, I forwarded your message to our managers. They evaluated them and created a plan to avoid this from happening again.

I invite you to come on your next travel adventure. I know that you won't regret your decision.

Cordially,