Lowest prices for your stay
C$175
No prepayment needed
Save more with IHG One Rewards
Algotels
C$150
All reviews bowling alley aqua restaurant breakfast buffet sauna concert vanity
Selected filters
Reviewed December 5, 2023

Front Office Manager should be trained in Hospitality and basic guest courtesies. When I requested to see a standard room & a suite, he refused. Occupancy is at 30% currently, not a single guest to be seen and it was definitely not a busy time. FOM is rude, no greeting. They should spend money on developing people instead of interior and upgrading rooms.

Poorly designed. Tiny lobby , huge restaurant - no guests. it's a disgrace to be called "Crown Plaza" . Standard Holiday Inns are much better.
wrong people in places is the reason why hotels fail. Poor hiring. This will not survive for that long.

Room tip: Worst Crown Plaza !
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank HAS F
Reviewed November 19, 2023

The staff in reception are students, from the sub-continent & they were absolutely affable, ebullient & diligent - thank you.
My wife & I feasted on the breakfast buffet, the morning before, the Oktoberfest; very good & thank you.
On the Thanksgiving Day parade, day, my wife & I were wearing 'double sweats', to protect us from the wind chill, because, the ambience was 'baltic'. However, just three days earlier, my wife & I were wearing, tee shirts, shorts & flip flops, in Toronto.
Crabby Joe's was an excellent place, for a beer, across the road.
Overall, every person has an opinion & in my opinion, I would stay in this establishment, every time.
Thank you.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2023

This place is terrible! The service is easily the WORST I have ever seen. The front desk staff made it difficult to check in. The woman kept telling me she couldn't find my booking and that the confirmation number that I had "wasn't going to help." Well, she finally tried it and found me no problem. I can't blame her for being cranky, as there was always a line of 4+ people waiting to talk to the front desk. I got to my room and there are bugs in my bed. Tiny little ants crawling around (GROSS). The place is dirty. I've never seen so much dust in a vent. They came the first day to clean my room and took all the dirty towels and didn't replace them. I called to get them replaced and no one ever came. Then, on the second day, they came to clean the room and didn't make the bed but replaced the towels?!? Then the wifi went out. I still can't get connected after calling the front desk. They were zero help in trying to fix it, and she gave me attitude when I asked for more direction on how to feel it. A terrible stay. Of all the travelling I've done, this has been my worst experience I've ever had. DO NOT STAY WITH THEM.

Room tip: Just dont stay here
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2023

Hi Dana L,

We thank you for providing feedback and choosing to stay at our Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo. We appreciate you as a valued guest and for choosing IHG Hotels & Resorts as your travel partner.

The goals of Crowne Plaza are to achieve high-quality standards, deliver guest satisfaction, and serve travelers' needs. I'm sorry to learn about the situation. I shared your feedback with the hotel management so that necessary actions are in place to improve guest satisfaction. I trust their resolution will make your next stay with us better than the last.

I sent you a private message to discuss this further. I hope you read it at your most convenient time.

Frenzel A.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed October 23, 2023 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Parking was included and on-site. The room was fresh, modern and very clean. The downstairs bar relaxing and inviting. Location was 5 mins from the concert venue we were attending. It was perfect for us!!

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2023

Horrible experience trying to check into this hotel. Zero effort to try and work with guests. As a member of IHG since 2012 this is the most upsetting experience we have had. Location is very clearly run poorly with no adherence to the quality standards of the IHG brand. Room types that are booked are not honored. Discounts offered are retracted. Our entire group of 10 had issues/concerns. 4 of us did not even stay. Advice - book the better Holiday Inn properties that are in Kitchener/Waterloo AVOID this one. AWFUL

1  Thank The N
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2023

Hi The N,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo and sharing your experience. We appreciate you for doing business with IHG® Hotels & Resorts.

We strive to give excellent and impressive service to all our guests, and I am sorry for what happened during your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the hotel management, and I'm confident that the necessary steps will be taken, so we can better serve you in the future. I’ve also sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your stay.

We value your feedback and welcome the opportunity to serve you better. I look forward to your response.

Crisel V.