Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Review Highlights

Fun, great workout!

Reviewed August 6, 2018
TamaraOlivia
via mobile

All reviews rock climbing lead climbing great workout climbing shoes kids section wait times staff are great birthday party skill level all ages lots of parking change rooms boulder gyms auto climbers harness
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What can I say, this place is an aweaome place to bring kids for a birthday party! The staff are great and very friendly, it's an activity that combines being physical and critical thinking, the kids see how it's an activity enjoyed by all ages, and they constantly make small adjustments to the facility so it never exactly the same climb ever time you visit.

I always recommend this facility to anyone looking at something different for a birthday party idea.

1  Thank thomasrA3411FR
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been going to Grand River Rocks with friends for the last two years and I love it. The people who work here are friendly and knowledgeable, and they lay out new climbs regularly so I’ve never gotten bored. It’s a great way to hang out with friends and have some fun!

1  Thank TamaraOlivia
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We took our daughter and three of her friends here for her birthday and the girls have an amazing time. The staff could not have been more friendly or more accommodating. Our instructor Lisa was terrific with the girls who loved every minute of climbing. My wife and older daughter have both been with Guides and Pathfinders as well. We definitely recommend it and will be back.

1  Thank Todd R
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

We brought our niece here as part of her birthday gift! From the moment we walked in the door, the staff were super friendly and helpful! They explained everything very well and made sure we were comfortable and set up to have the best time! We will definitely be coming back! Thanks for the great time :)

1  Thank marthamorrison
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Grand River Rocks has a great team from the front counter staff to the staff behind the scenes!! They offer great classes or just come and climb on your own! We live all the coaches and staff! Every time you come they greet with a smile and a hello!! They are always there to help from the beginning of your visit to the end!!

1  Thank Michele E
Reviewed January 29, 2018

The big wall is great for lead climbing and pumping up your arms. This facility has doubled it's foot print since we first when there with some really fun kids climbs. We love checking out the different setting styles across North America and this gym is fun.

Reviewed January 7, 2018

Went for the first time with friends and our kiddos (9, 8 and 6) and we all had a blast. I cannot say enough great things about the staff - they were super friendly and very good at explaining everything. The facility is big, clean and well organized. The rock walls themselves are challenging but have varying levels which are clearly marked so you can do what you're comfortable doing. We were there for a few hours and will definitely be going back!

1  Thank TeamSquirrel
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

With over a dozen different mini climbing walls with auto-safety harnesses(sorry I don’t know the technical name), my 8 and 10year old girls want to keep coming back!

You can book in advance, which is excellent as they don’t oversell the place, which allows for a lot more climbing time. It was rare for our kids to wait unless if they were picky and wanted to only do the towers.

The staff are extremely patient and supportive of the kids and keep a close eye that reduces the kids wait times from climbing the next wall.

Our first experience was a kids birthday party and all of my daughters friends had a great time

Great facility! Thank you for adding it to our community!

Reviewed December 29, 2017

Went for the first time with some friends to ward of the winter blues. The staff was helpful, friendly and thorough.
The gym has lots of parking outside even when this place is busy. The climbing areas are very open and lots of different climbs to keep everyone from beginner to expert challenged.
For newbies here's what you need to know: its $17 for the day, $5 rental for climbing shoes (which i didn't get and i was fine), $5 rental for a harness (which i recommend renting to get the full experience). There are change rooms there and also a limited number of lockers that you can use to lock up your belongings in.
Once you get instruction to climb your off to the races! The four of us were new and in reasonable shape and we spent about a hour and a half from start to finish.
I thought it was a very unique experience and we all agreed that we would like to come back.
The only thing that prevented this establishment from getting an excellent rating was the washroom/change room was disgusting! Its as if the staff doesn't touch it all day and it certainly shows. I get it, there are a lot of people going thru there on any given day but no need for it to smell like a hockey dressing room.
I will certainly be back but hope that the change room cleanliness gets addressed.
Overall a great experience thou.

Reviewed September 9, 2017

This place is big and cheap (especially for students), and routes are regularly reset. Staff are friendly and accommodating. Great place to climb!

2  Thank gabrieldube95