“Bad club”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Elements
Reviewed 1 January 2016

Empty and old people galore. The bouncers weren't polite. The beer diversity was close to none, apart from being really expensive.

Reviewed 26 April 2015

Twice I have come to Elements Nightclub to watch rock acts put on a show, and twice I left satisfied. A combination of good acoustics, skilful sound techs, and a decent venue make this a place I would happily go back to.

Given the hefty service and administration fees most tickets for musical gigs have, I refuse to give a nightclub or a concert hall with shoddy sound systems or techs a pass. That extra $10 service charge better actually go towards some kind of service. Elements delivers, thankfully. My first time here I knew next to nothing about the nightclub, at least how any kind of concert would pass. The staff are old hat at shuffling people through the doors, getting wristbands and ID sorted out, and letting people mill around wherever they like.

The central floor is open, surrounded by hard wooden booths with fairly heavy tables which make for an excellent viewing perch if you do not feel the urge to stand clumped together in a jeans-wearing crowd waiting for the fireworks to start. Both nights, I drove down from Toronto and faced rush hour traffic or congestion, making the idea of packing myself into a tin of sardines among strangers with a friend and fellow concert goer not terribly appealing. Elements has a nice selection of seats and the booths have an excellent view over the stage area, allowing for the notion of dancing when you feel like it, retreating to sit for a bit and drink a cold one, and then bask in the ambiance of a smoky environment.

My first time here was seeing The Tea Party, one of the great Canadian bands with a major following in Australia. I didn't have the chance to see Jeff Martin or the Tea Party in their heyday, but rest assured I treasure my time watching them plow through ringing, Led Zeppelin-like epics with an intimacy that only a dark, slightly sticky and slightly glossy club setting provides. Being less than twenty meters from one of your musical idols is a powerful experience and I remember the dazzling, dark lights simmering down while I watched three talented musicians settling into one of their most iconic songs from a back catalog, and every sound was clear as a bell.

Drink specials are nothing really to sneeze at and I didn't bother much with the fare. Staff was prompt and attentive, no problems with drinks and they pour with a reasonable hand. Parking around Elements is a bit dodgy on a midweek evening, so expect to walk a bit and pay the meter to avoid Kitchener's very aggressive meter maids.

1  Thank Arica C
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was out with a friend looking for a good time, we started at Dallas down the road and were looking for some new music and she suggested we go here since she heard it was popular. When we got in we immediately noticed how empty it was. It was midnight on a Saturday and it was almost dead. There was some small crowds in the booths on the side of the dance floor, but everyone looked well about 30+. We were very much the youngest two in the building. There was a sign that said 'only one drink per person after 1am' which wasn't exactly riveting for us. We stayed all of 10 minutes before leaving for a different venue. The music was good though, just not the vibe we were looking for.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I came here with my boyfriend a few weeks ago and we liked it! We went on saturday night which is the "girls night out" event with $2 martinis all night long (which were excellent! and in nice plastic martini glasses) and $2 drinks before 11:00 pm (domestic beer and bar shots like vodka) and $2.50 drinks after that. We also came before 10:00 for the free cover so both of us could get in for free (ladies free all night). There was also free coat check when we went in (around 10:30) and it was a very large space with 2 bars on either side of the dance floor and down a few stairs was the spacious dance floor with the DJ booth in front. There was cool lighting on the dance floor, VIP section up top, dance cages on the side, and 4 booths on the dance floor near the right for groups to sit down (which is nice to have a rest but still be part of the action). We really enjoyed the music, unlike some clubs I have been to where it is very generic this music was amazing! The DJ really knew what he was doing and kept the party going by playing a mix of everything. Howevever, It seemed like kinda like a warehouse with concrete-looking walls and was quite cold (but got better as more people danced). It got busier around 11:30 and we ended up just sitting and waiting around for a while so I recommend to go around 11:30 in a couple (and just pay the cover) or going before the cover with a group because it is pretty dead before then (like most clubs). Majority of the crowd was students and is perfect for people who just wanna drink and have a good time.

1  Thank SeraDeniz