“Great Business Stay”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Kitchener
Harrodsburg
“Great Business Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

Hampton Inn in Kitchener, Ontario is a great place for a business stay. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was well stocked with towels. The beds had soft and firm pillows, 3 on each bed. A lap desk is also available in the room. The flat screen tv. worked to expectations and swiveled to be viewed at the desk or from the bed. There was a refrigerator and microwave. The room temperature is regulated by a digital thermostat located on the wall that keeps the room comfortable. I didn't use the saltwater swimming pool but the pool area looked inviting as it was clean and well decorated. The breakfast bar was large and bountiful--plenty of selection. The breakfast staff was particularly friendly, greeting me each morning. The desk staff was also helpful upon request. This was my second time at this hotel. The service was consistent both times with Hampton's reputation.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Palmsway, Sales and Events Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Good Day ICor1613,

Thank you for your kind review of our Hampton Inn & Suites By Hilton Kitchener. We appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to share your thoughts from a business traveler’s perspective.

Your home away from home (even if only for one night or two) during a business week is important to us. We know the value a good night sleep, and a hardy breakfast can provide for our corporate travelers on the road.
So I am happy to know we were able to accommodate you. I am also delighted to read we have successfully lived up to the Hampton reputation you have come to know.
Thank you for sharing that with other others on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back ICor1613 for business or leisure anytime!!
Sales and Events Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Kingston, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

We've stayed in 4 or 5 other hotels in K-W, including a couple of other Hilton properties. This was, by far, the best value and most comfortable - and extremely handy to Hwy 401.

Our King Studio was spacious and well appointed. Fabulous bed; well laid out room; excellent bathrom; plentiful towels in the room and at the pool; everything spotless. Management was extremely prompt in responding to our request for extra pillows. Housekeeping staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast offered a fair selection of cold items; limited hot options.

But the thing we were happiest about was the handling by management of the several kids hockey teams who were sharing the hotel with us. This hotel did the best job we have ever seen of keeping the teams happy and the environment pleasant for the rest of us guests. Front desk staff made obvious efforts to keep the team parents relaxed watching an NHL game in the front lobby lounge, but also took gentle but effective measures to ensure that the business centre, pool and other public areas were not swarmed by unsupervised kids. It made our stay much more pleasant than it otherwise might have been.

1 Thank LUV2travel-notmuch$
Palmsway, Sales and Events Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Hello LUV2travel-notmuch$,

Well Luv2travel-notsomuch$, what an exciting review for all of us to read here at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with other travelers.

We are humbled and very appreciative of your compliments. We are glad you were able to experience a little of our Hamptonality through our Management and Housekeeping teams.

We are especially happy to hear our efforts to maintain some form of unity (for lack of a better word) with all our guests during our sports team weekends is working!! We are really pleased to hear that!! So to that we thank you again!!

It will be our pleasure to welcome you anytime LUV2travel-notmuch$ and your family next time you’re in town.

Safe Travels Always,
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel last week and I have to say it is very nice for a modern hotel. The room was very nice, the shower was fantastic! Lots of parking right at the door and a very good price.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Palmsway, Sales and Events Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Hi JamieD26

Thank you for taking a few minutes out of your schedule to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Your comments and opinions are always valued here at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener.

Well, it sounds like this was a first time stay for you. That’s great to know you found our hotel nice and reasonably priced. I’m glad to read you enjoyed the shower, and the room.
I’m also happy to read you appreciated our spacious complimentary parking. We appreciate it too!!

Thank you again JamieD26 for your wonderful comments. We look forward to welcoming you back anytime!!!

Kind Regards,

New Lowell, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

My brother had a campus tour at the University of Waterloo, and we decided to stay overnight so we could check out St. Jacobs the next day. When we arrived the check in process took less then 3 minutes (was SO impressed with that), and we were off to our room.

Our room (203) was well appointed and comfortable. I especially loved the HUGE desk in the corner. We were advised of the managers event downstairs and were shocked to arrive at 5 and find a full Indian dinner from next door waiting for us. All was no charge! Now that is hospitality!

Later in the evening (10pm), my mother called down when we realized there wouldn't be enough toiletries for 3 people for the morning. The man at the front desk asked how many shampoos were in the room right now. My mother told him there were none as I had a shower when we arrived. He told her that should be enough. My mother was a little thrown off by this and said excuse me. The man said he was kidding. We waited until 12am before going to bed without any toiletries. We never did have a shower in the morning. We loved the comfortable beds, which were like a dream to sleep on.

We used the pool that night but couldn't use the hot tub as it appeared to have soap in it from some other guest. The front desk person didn't seem too concerned that it was foaming out onto the pool deck when I informed him. (not sure if it was the same person from later on the phone).

Breakfast the next morning was delicious and filling. And as mentioned in some reviews, Kendra is absolutely fabulous.

Over all I would give this hotel a higher rating then it has on the websites, the amenities and extras were truly one of a kind. I will stay here each and every time we come to Kitchener. If my brother goes to Waterloo, that might mean a lot! Though next time maybe I'll bring along my own shampoo.

Thanks!

1 Thank countryguy1983
Palmsway, Sales and Events Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Hello Countryguy1983

Thank you for taking the time to share with others you experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener. We truly do appreciate the reviews and use them as a learning tool to make improvements or continue doing what we are doing.

I must address the issue of the shampoo right away. I assure you if you stay with us again, you will not have to bring your own shampoo!! I can guarantee it!! I’m so terribly sorry that it was not delivered to you as requested. Upon further investigation, the Agent sadly did not write the room number down at the time of your request, so they were not sure where to send it. We take full responsibility for that, and again apologize for our error. It will not happen again.

As for the hot tub and the foam, I’m sorry you were unable to enjoy it that evening. I’ll look into it more with our Maintenance Manager.

We are happy to hear that you did get to enjoy other amenities such as the Managers Reception, and the Full Hot Breakfast. Kendra will be delighted to know that! I know, isn’t she fabulous?!! 

Overall, we appreciate your honesty, and the compliments you extended our way Countryguy1983. We wish your Brother well on his University quest. We would look forward to welcoming you and your family anytime!! Please feel free to contact me personally, should you be coming this way again soon!!
All the BEST Countryguy1983!!

Barrie Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed at this property for one night on January 1st, 2012. My wife and I debated between this property and the Sheraton Four Points. Went with this property because it included breakfast and were not disappointed.

Check in was quick. Room is basic but clean. Beds were comfortable.
Had breakfast the following morning. Great choice and variety of food. The young lady who was working in the breakfast area was excellent with all the guests.

I have no complaints, would definately stay here again. This property is within a 2 minute drive to the 401 and Kelsey's is within a two minute walk.

1 Thank Steve&Reen
Palmsway, Sales and Events Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
Hello Steve & Reen,

First may I thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener. We are delighted to know that your choice was based on one of our complimentary amenities. It was nice to read that.

I do know the young Lady that was working the Breakfast that morning. It was our full time Breakfast Hostess Kendra. I have said this before and I’ll say it again, we are very lucky to have her. She is amazing with all our guests. I will pass on your review to her.

Overall we are very happy to know your stay went well. We would look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener…anytime!!!!

Happy New Year Steve and Reen!!

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

I was on business in Waterloo, but had to stay out in Kitchener because there were no hotels available in Waterloo when I was there.

This is a good Hampton Inn, with very large, clean and comfortable rooms and a good breakfast. I would stay here again.

My one small complaint -- I was traveling from the US and needed to either exchange US dollars for Canadian dollars or get Canadian dollars from an ATM do to laundry. I think that the hotel should either have a money changing facility, or install an ATM like many hotels do these days. That being said, the laundry facilities were great.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Palmsway, Sales and Events Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
Good Day 2Traveller2

It was so nice to read your review today 2Traveller2!
I’m sorry to read the availability in Waterloo for accommodations wasn’t available to you. On the other hand, it does make me smile that you had opt to give our Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener a try.
It pleases us to know you enjoyed your stay, and it pleases us more to know you would come back. Thank you, we appreciate it!!

As for the money exchange, I do apologize for the inconvenience. We did have an ATM machine in our lobby at one time. Unfortunately, it did not produce the revenue the ATM Owner had hoped for. Most likely due to the Cash Money Exchange store across the street, or the ATM at the convenience store beside us. So sadly it was removed.

We were also exchanging money at the Front Desk for quite some time. Only in the latter part of this year did they stop due to the economical fluctuation of the dollar.
We do value your comment though, and perhaps these are adjustments we will have to look into further for 2012.

Thank you again 2Traveller2 for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener. We look forward to welcoming you again!!!

All the Best for 2012,
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

We stayed here during Moparfest this year, nice hotel, good breakfast, clean spacious rooms. Will certainly be going back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Palmsway, Sales and Events Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
Good Day 47 Sandy,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to say a few words about our Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener. It means a lot to us, that you took the time to write about your stay, well after your actual stay this past August. Thank you very kindly for that!!

We are delighted to hear you would definitely come back. We would be more than happy to have you back again for Moparfest 2012.

We look forward to seeing you then 47 Sandy!!

Saels and Events Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitchener
Radisson Hotel Kitchener
#2 of 14 in Kitchener
City Commercial Core
Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo
Holiday Inn Kitchener
#6 of 14 in Kitchener
The Walper Hotel
#4 of 14 in Kitchener

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kitchener? Share your experiences!