BATL - The Backyard Axe Throwing League
Open today: 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
David is awesome

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
CDNfamilytravels
Oakville, Canada
via mobile
Amazing! Better than we expected!

Reviewed October 2, 2018
tszwedo
Waterloo, Canada
via mobile

All reviews group event axe throwing birthday boy round robin great event great fun high energy night out with friends great afternoon team building event a lot of fun all ages jodi tournament coach competitive bullseye
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first time axe throwing and David was such a good coach that I felt like a champion. It was so much fun and I will definitely be back soon.

BackyardAxes, Manager at BATL - The Backyard Axe Throwing League, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello CDNfamilytravels,

Thanks for leaving a review. We're glad to hear you had a great time at BATL! - Diane

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I went to Batl for a birthday event and had an awesome time! The staff were all super friendly and really patient with a bunch of loud rowdy women.

Our coach was amazing! She really encouraged us with feedback and tips and made sure we all had a great time.

We are already planning more visits to bring other people we know would love this!

BackyardAxes, Manager at BATL - The Backyard Axe Throwing League, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Hi Tszwedo,

Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

Had my friends surprise me with a trip to BATL last night for my birthday and had the most amazing time. We were there for a full two hours, got our own coach (Laura) who was so much fun and very supportive with tips and encouragement, and had drinks from the bar while throwing! They set up a round robin tournament and we had an amazing time. Definitely will be back to check out their league and throwing some more big axes. Thanks BATL! (Hopefully AC is in the future for you?)

BackyardAxes, Manager at BATL - The Backyard Axe Throwing League, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Hi Krissy,

Thanks for leaving a review. We're glad to hear you had a great time at BATL! -Diane

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We went yesterday for my best friends birthday and it was amazing! The location is great, the service is amazing and the prices were amazing as well! I’m so impressed with the layout of the place, and how much fun we had!! We had Mike who was our teacher and once we were comfortable with the axes the game began! I can’t wait to go back!:)

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for leaving a review. We're glad you had a great time celebrating a birthday at BATL! - Diane

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

We came to celebrate a friends 30th birthday at the Kitchener location. We had such a great night! David was our guy and he did a great job teaching, and coaching us while we learned the ins and outs of axe throwing. We can’t wait to come back!!

BackyardAxes, Manager at BATL - The Backyard Axe Throwing League, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Hi Shana D,

Thanks for leaving a review. We're glad to hear you had a great time and we cannot wait to see you again.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Really enjoyed going here with my son. I wasn't sure what to expect so the fact we had a "dedicated coach" really helped. We got lots of tips and help on throwing hatchets then moved up to axes. We had a tournament with a couple other guys and had a blast. It is also licensed to fun to enjoy a pint too. Would recommend this a different and fun outing !

BackyardAxes, Manager at BATL - The Backyard Axe Throwing League, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for leaving a review. We're glad to hear you had a great time with your son at BATL! - Diane

Reviewed August 26, 2018

We booked a 1 hr session for Dad's birthday with adult dhildren. It was great to be able to book a time in advance for a small group. Sebastian was fantastic! !! He has patience and is very knowledgeable. He ran a small tournament to make it competitive.
It was a great birthday gathering and family fun. Thanks a million!!!

BackyardAxes, Manager at BATL - The Backyard Axe Throwing League, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Hello Zhargon, thanks for leaving a review We're glad to hear you had a fantastic time at BATL! -Diane

Reviewed July 24, 2018

This is where i took my dad for his Birthday. He loved it and has booked work events there. I loved the venue and I go often to the Batl Locations closer to Toronto. But this is where i was first introduced to Batl Axe and i absolutely loved it! I would recommend this to anyone looking for a fun, unique thing to do with friends or family. I've visited 3 Batl locations (Kitchener, Galleria and Yorkdale) and i had a positive experience at all of them. You guys have a great staff all around!

BackyardAxes, Marketing Manager at BATL - The Backyard Axe Throwing League, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Hello Tan T,

Thanks for leaving a review. We're glad to hear you had a lot of fun at BATL! We hope to see you all again soon. - Diane

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

My son’s wife arranged for myself, my son and two of his friends to visit the Kitchener location to celebrate his birthday. We had a great coach and a great time! Lots to opportunity to throw axes and learn the skills. The tournament was a blast - of course I had to let the birthday boy win.

BackyardAxes, Marketing Manager at BATL - The Backyard Axe Throwing League, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Hello Michtash59,

Thanks for leaving a review. We're glad to hear you had a great visit at BATL! - Diane

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Unusual and very entertaining. Stephanie was our instructor, and I would never have guessed that our group was her very first group to teach. She was very encouraging, and offered great tips to improve our throwing. Highly recommend this venue for something different for a night out.

BackyardAxes, Marketing Manager at BATL - The Backyard Axe Throwing League, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Hello Glen R,

Thanks for leaving a review. We're glad to hear you had a great experience at BATL! - Diane