3,684 results
All reviews main building eclipse restaurant summit lodge bedroom condo splash zone rock climbing golf course horseback riding march break indoor pool outdoor activities cross country skiing winter activities dance competition nice resort water activities family vacation
Reviewed October 9, 2018

Spent Thanksgiving weekend here and stayed in the Summit buildings.

Grounds - I give that a 5 star, wonderful views and fall colours

Check-in
Text service didn't work and we were left waiting until checking after 4 if the rooms were ready. The line ups for check in were long and not efficient in getting people quickly checked in as the majority of the rooms didn't appear to be ready. No real reason given.

Room
Room had some upgrades but still looked a little worn. The bed was comfortable. Fireplace only works if the room reaches a certain temperature..the front staff really couldn't explain how to use it. I tried calling the front desk both through the hotel and directly by phone with no answer ever. I'm glad I didn't really need anything because there would have been no way to get it. They tell you that there is no housekeeping for four days, which I think is good, but someone walked in while we were there..they need to coordinate better. Fully stocked kitchen including a stovetop.

WiFi - this is part of your "resort fee" which is extra, no free wi-fi. Connection wasn't great and most of the time it didn't work. Given that it was a rainy weekend and gets dark early, it would have been nice to have working wifi.

Parking - seemed adequate

Eclipse Restaurant
Had the thanksgiving buffet, food was ok, nothing amazing but I don't think you can do much with a buffet. Staff was very friendly.

ATV Activity
This is additional charge but well worth it. Best two hours of the weekend. Will come back for the snowmobile activity in the winter.

Pool
Appeared ok, but didn't want to have to change to get to it as it's part of the main building.

This resort is in need of a reno, I hope that the new condos don't destroy the views. I don't think the rate charged for fall plus the resort fee is good value but it is Huntsville so I guess there is no way around it unless an AirBnB is used.

We will consider this in the winter to come back for snowmobiling but will consider other options for places to stay unless the price is much lower.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for golf course view or you will be looking at the parking lot
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracey H
JesseHamiltonGM, General Manager at Deerhurst Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Tracey H, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback. On behalf of our team, I sincerely apologize for the service inconsistencies you experienced, which I assure you is not the level of service Deerhurst Resort is known to provide. I will review your comments with our team directly and hope that we would have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Your host

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Deerhurst Resort as part of a golf event. At check-in , there was no help with luggage and golf bags. Check-in was fairly efficient. Our room was in the pavilion and the amenities of the hotel were convenient from there. The hotel is in a beautiful setting; the grounds are beautiful. The rooms are very nice. There is a nice pub on the main floor of the hotel, with music in the evenings. The food in the hotel was good, not great. All in all, a nice spot to stay for a few days.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Golferboy18

Thank you Golferboy18 for sharing your most recent visit experience. I hope that you enjoyed your golf trip and enjoyed the fall colours from the course. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Your host,

Reviewed October 4, 2018

stayed here on one of the Saga tour dates, oh the beds ,, we were on the ground floor, you looked out of your room onto the car park and watched the wild life.. The restaurant was very nice with a good choice of meals. the staff very friendly

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank Sandra H

Sandra H, thank you for sharing and I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the tranquility that Muskoka offers for so many of our guests. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Your host,

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We went to Deerhurst for a get-away, booking a nice room overlooking the water. First night was OK but an unsanitary smell developed in the hallway in the next morning and got worse as the day went by. Housekeeping were good in that they acknowledged the smell and said an ozone machine would eliminate it. Unfortunately they just sprayed the area and the smell quickly came back and had a noticeable affect on my throat and speech. Front desk offered us a replacement room in the main building but when we went to the desk to get the new keys the manager suggested we might be "happier just going home"! Seems she was concerned that there could be noise from the convention centre (which was not the case).
Our enjoyment of our get-away was affected by this attitude, and took the edge off what would have been a lovely stay, with my wife having had a great spa day.
It appears the resort is more a convention centre than a resort hotel. Note - the house keeping and restaurant staff were all very cheerful and courteous.

Room Tip: bay view rooms are great but check the hallway before unpacking. The main "pavillion" is good but limited to garden views.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2018

As we had invited family members for dinner, we selected this restaurant for the impressive array of restaurants on their web site.

To our surprise and dismay, on our arrival neither of the better restaurants in the property were available. We had intended to eat in the main dining room Eclipse. Despite nothing to suggest this on the web site, hotel guests were barred from this room because of a private party. The second choice Antlers, was simply closed for no apparent reason (the web site indicated that it was open on the date we were there). With these choices gone, we had to settle for one of the bars in the hotel. It was crowded, noisy, understaffed, and served terrible food.

In short, the disgraceful policies of this hotel completed spoiled what should have been a pleasant family occasion. The management of this property should be ashamed of their policies.

To add insult to injury, on arrival we were assured that no breakfast was available until 7:30. As we are early risers, we packed to leave, assuming we would have to find breakfast elsewhere. After going to the check out, we found that we were misinformed and breakfast was, in fact, currently being served.

A property to be avoided!

Room Tip: Select A Different Hotel
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family