All reviews sized room beds were very comfortable nice room hotel room free breakfast super8 stairwell travelodge highway muskoka
Reviewed May 18, 2017

Motel was close to Highway 11 and the downtown core and scenic sights; super friendly helpful staff, Thanks to the girls for pointing out some really cool local vistas and destinations that we would have missed.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Super_8_Huntsville, General Manager at Red Maple Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

Thank you for your amazing review! I want to send a special 'THANK YOU' to all of our guests who have taken the time out of their busy schedules to write reviews about our property.

Sincerely.
Diana

Reviewed May 7, 2017

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. And I've stayed in lots. Called to verify the room as the Maple Festival was in and everything was booked up. A child answered the phone and was told, " my mommy is outside". When we got there, we told the desk woman we would be paying cash at check out time. The woman at the counter instantly wanted payment for the whole week upfront. Really?? No one is EVER at the front desk. This place is a joke. We got to our room and it was filthy. Dirty towels in bathroom and dirty. Not vacuumed. The whole hotel stinks and tried to be covered by incense smell. The pillows are nothing but two lumps in a pillowcase. No cover on heater in bathroom. Black mould on ceiling in shower. Air conditioner STINKS so couldn't use it. The place is a dump and should be totally renovated or tore down. Breakfast was a joke. I will be reporting the mould in the bathroom with health inspection. The front counter was not about to give us our money back either, and with no places available we were stuck. Should have slept in our rental car.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2017

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2017

Upon checkin the lady was on the phone so that was not welcoming. Got to the room and the toilet was falling apart and went to front desk to move rooms and no one was present even after ringing on the phone, so we had to deal with it. Went to front desk for the internet password again no one present. Didnt recieve information regarding our complimentary breakfast no one around to ask about this so we are else where. The hotel looked like it was getting a lot of work done to it. We wouldn't stay here again which is sad because we usually stay at Super 8's

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2017

The WORST experience I have ever had travelling. The woman at the front desk was rude to start. When she saw a magnifying glass, flashlight and inspection mirror in my hand she asked what they were. I told her I would be inspecting for bed bugs-which is a ritual I carry out anywhere I stay. She rolled her eyes and said "we dont have bed bugs" to which I replied "great because I cant stay if you do". The entire hotel smelled bad, the room wasnt any better. The bathroom looked like it hadnt been properly cleaned in ages. I inspected the mattress first- it was new and no sign of a bug. Next step the night stand draw. I found eggs....thats enough for me I'm out. My grandson was staying there for a hockey tournament so my son asked me to check his room...again in the nightstand drawer. I was requested to check a number of other rooms and found eggs or bed bugs in ALL of them. When I went to get my money back she said NO again reiterating they didnt have bed bugs. When I showed her one in a plastic bag she said it wasnt one. She said I had to go through expedia if I wanted a refund and they would only give me a portion because they take a % . When I asked for the document I had sign when I went in she said I didnt sign anything. When pressed she said she threw it out.... fine I'll wait while you find it (thought I might need it for the refund through Hotels.com. My daughter was still in the truck and calling around for another location. We went to a motel located further down the road the name I will not mention here because I dont want them to be accociated with this review. The other place was fantastic! When i called HOTELS.com who I had booked through I was told Super 8 was charging for the first night but Hotels.com would refund 100% of my money-and they did. The woman who owns this hotel is ignorant, rude and a liar. Ironically I was unable to find this hotel on bedbugregistry.com I will definitely find out how to add them and report the situation.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Shirley C
Super_8_Huntsville, General Manager at Red Maple Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2017

Hi Dear Shirley,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
It is unfortunate that your experience was less than satisfactory. We try hard to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable while travelling away from home. I personally wanted to let you know that we take all comments - positive, negative very seriously and we already looked after the experience you wrote about.
After investigation by you and myself for your room and all rooms for same group also there was no evidence for bed bugs in any of the rooms.Even after no evidence for having bed bug in room we had referred you another hotel close to us.
we cannot refund for first night because we had relocate you to another hotel and you did not stayed there either.
We tried everything we could for you but there is no remedy to this issue .property have no evidence for bed bug in room.
All the best,