All reviews sized room beds were very comfortable nice room hotel room free breakfast super8 stairwell travelodge highway muskoka
Reviewed September 4, 2017

The hotel was under npisy renovation. We were not informed of this at check-in. The door to the room was not secure so we felt uncomfortable leaving valuables in the room over our 3 day stay. The rug was dirty with large stains which precluded bare feet. The "Super Start" breakfast was very basic. Other Super 8's have offered many more options than cereal and toast. The wi-go was slow and often dropped out connection. If we return to Huntsville in future we'll select another property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Big and clean rooms. Nice staff and a small breakfast buffet in the morning.
We really enjoyed our stay very much!
Close to the city center with many restaurants and shopping possibilities. 10 minutes drive to Arrowhead Provincial Park and 45 minutes to Algonquin.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Super_8_Huntsville, Front Office Manager at Red Maple Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us here in Huntsville, at the Super 8! Both Arrowhead and Algonquin are great parks to visit, but did you know, you can rent a canoe right in town and paddle the riverside? And that's only 3 minutes down the road! Whoa!

We hope to see you again!

Jonathan,
Front Desk - Super 8 Huntsville

Reviewed August 23, 2017

The Huntsville Super 8 in Huntsville was disappointing. Our room was expensive ($250+) but was clearly in the middle of structural repairs. There was bare wood and unpainted surfaces. The lighting was bad in the room and the decor old and tired. The clerk at the front desk was pleasant but the "free breakfast" offered was so lame (dry cereal, few options) that my wife and I opted to go out and pay for breakfast. Internet service was on and off. Heard complaints from other visitors about this as well.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

The outside of the hotel is nice but deceiving!
I have 2 kids under 2. I said I needed an accessible type room for the stroller, kids and all our stuff. It was just me taking the 2 kids to Santa's Village.
The hotel is not accessible at all. It almost seems like it was designed to deter handicap people to be honest. No automatic doors either. Trying to keep a door open and lifting a double stroller was so stupid. Check in wasn't good either. She didn't know how to swipe my card(no chip). Told me she can't take it. I said to just swipe it like all other places to. I also requested 2 cribs and called before I left to make sure the main floor room(I read it had no elevators) and 2 cribs were ok and was told yes). When I ask at check in she says Im5on the 2nd floor and they don't ever have cribs. WTF. This is when I lost it. I was switched to the first floor and 2 hours later they(1130pm) they brought me 1 play pen. Meh 1 was fine for the 1yr old. 2yr old slept with me. The A/C in the room is a portable a/C unit. The hose that vents outside kept falling off in the middle of the night and scaring the crap out of us. So bad so the 1yr old just cried all night after the 2nd time being startled. Next time I will pay the extra $20 a night and just stay in Bracebridge.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

Upon check in we confirm that we need an accessible room as we have a child in a wheelchair. The make shift ramps are not accessible, none of the doors are automatic.
We get to the room and cannot get into it because the hallway is blocked with large boxes. When we get into the room the patio doors do not lock. We are asked if we still want the room. No thank you. So they move us to the next room over. The a/c is not working, We are told that it does not work as these rooms are old, but they would bring us an extra fan. This will not do!
We use the bathroom, only to discover that the toilet is not working. We let the main desk know and again are greeted with annoyance from the staff.
I would never recommend this to anyone. The staff is not helpful or overly friendly.
The hotel is not accessible nor kid friendly.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family