“Fantastic experience, we were all delighted!”

Hooked Young Fishing Charters
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My family (my wife, me and 3 kids - 13, 12 and 10) spent a week in the Algonquin area, we stayed at Huntsville. One thing that we were really looking forward to do was fishing, it was the most important thing to do for my 12-years-old son. After some research, including Trip Advisor, we spent 3 hours with Tommy in Lake Vernon (I would recommend 4 hours; 3 hours were not enough). We really enjoyed the trip. We were in his fishing boat, very nice by the way, and he was very friendly and really connected with all my kids. He was able to create a nice environment, and a fishing team... we were very successful, including a pike of 28 inches. I really recommend this trip and Tom made it unforgettable. We really enjoyed it.

3  Thank RayH65

Reviewed 14 August 2011

Tom is super enthusiastic about everything fishing! We've been out with him 4 or 5 times and it's always a huge blast! He knows all the hot spots on the lake and gives us great advice when fishing. With Tom we've caught some great pike and bass. Also my first walleye and first black crappie!

He always has all the gear we need and enjoys showing us methods for catching monster pike. No matter what the conditions are, he always knows how to get fish in the boat. Last time we were out with him we got 17 fish including a 7 pound pike! Can't wait to fish with him again!

Rob Prittie

Reviewed 28 July 2011

A great experience!! Made it clear from the start it was to be all about my 7 Year old, who is the real fisherman in the family, 8-) and Tommy made sure that the trip catered to him. He either caught or was part of almost every catch and can't stop talking about all of the fish....12 fish over 3 hours....perch, sunfish, large mouth bass, pickerel, and a pike. Came across a snapping turtle and fed him a perch lunch.

Tommy knows the lake and took us to some great spots for different fish. Even fillet'd the pickerel which made a great dinner.

Great time and "Dad's stock" went up big time after this trip. Would definitely go back.

- Andersen's

1  Thank Gaz066
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I have been out fishing with Tommy (the founder of Hooked Young fishing) 3 times (average # of fish was around 6-7 per trip) already and have caught walleye,pike and bass. One time we caught a very large walleye, probably around 7-8lbs as well.
Have fished 4-5 hrs and time passess by very quickly. He is very knowledgable, friendly and in general one of the best guides I've fished with. I have gone with him solo and with freinds. He is well equipped with lures,rods and bait for any situation and I think you are almost garaunteed fish.
His boat is very comfortable and is competitive with pricing as well.

1  Thank Bizman_9