“Help with an item of clothing purchased in the UK that needed urgent attention.”

Algonquin Outfitters Outdoor Adventure Store
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Historic downtown Huntsville is home to our largest retail location, with three floors of great gear and clothing for outdoor adventure. Backing onto the beautiful Muskoka River, our Huntsville store offers an amazing retail experience. Primarily a specialty outdoor store, with the emphasis on camping equipment, paddle sports, bikes, Nordic skis, snowshoes, and outdoor clothing and footwear. In the summer, the Huntsville store also offers canoe rentals and some outfitting services. This store also carries the region's largest selection of surfwear, water sports (wakeboards, waterskis, towables and water trampolines) and winter sports (alpine skis, snowboards and winter clothing).
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 11, 2017

My wife and I were on holiday in the Algonquin area of Ontario Canada during June 2017. I had a major issue with an item of clothing that I had brought with me from the UK. I hoped the shop could resolve the problem with an 'off the shelf' solution, however this was not possible and I was about to leave the shop disappointed. However, Lynn Mitson, the person in charge of the shop that day said, "I think I can fix that for you". She guided me down to the workshop and after half an hour the problem was fixed, and no charge. We were only too pleased to buy some items from the shop in thanks. Lynn exuded a typical display of Canadian hospitality for which I was very grateful. Shop at Algonquin Outfitters and you will be guaranteed excellent service.

AORandy, Marketing Manager at Algonquin Outfitters Outdoor Adventure Store, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Tony thanks for dropping in to our humble shop on your visit to the Algonquin area. I'm very happy that Lynn was able to fix your problem while we were here and you were able to continue to enjoy your visit to Canada.

If you're ever back in the area again we'd love to see you and your wife's smiling faces once more. You never know maybe you'll come for a backcountry canoe trip with us next time and experience some of the beautiful wilderness Algonquin Park offers.

Hope you have a safe trip back to the UK, glad we could help fix your little problem.

~ Randy M

"shop"
"camping"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 11, 2017

If you are in Muskoka and need any type of outfitting gear or even just some sunscreen, this is the place to go. AO is a staple in Muskoka. A must place to check out!

1  Thank mnjTO2017

Thanks for the very kind words, hope to see you back again soon.

~ Randy M

Reviewed July 5, 2017

stopby the place to get some information and rentals. They were super busy with the rentals of the paddleboats, canoes and kayaks.

The rental staff (who was not at the counter) was willing to answer my questions and information about the local trails and local attraction. The staff was willing to admit that he was not the best person to talk about the biking around the area but informed me that the current person on the floor was a bike enthusiast and the best person. (I admire sales staff or customer service people who are willing to admit their weakness but try to help you out and give you names and directions who can help.)

Will definitely return for rental of their mountain bikes since their staff is so willing and helpful and knowledgeable.

AORandy, Marketing Manager at Algonquin Outfitters Outdoor Adventure Store, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Thanks for the review Ame8888. Many of our staff enjoy a lot of the activities we do but some of them know more than others, we always try to direct you to the best person to answer your question. If you really want to get to know the local mountain biking trails, we host a Tuesday evening bike group where we actually take you out and show you many of the trails we can't put on a map. We also have a Thursday evening paddleboarding club that you're welcome to attend.

Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

Great store to hit before your adventure in the park, they have the equipment and clothes to make it better. Friendly staff, it's full of all kinds of things a camper, canoeist, cyclist or hiker needs.

Thanks for the 5 star review malscum, hope to see you back again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 18, 2016

I've used the outfitter service in the Park (Algonquin) but this store in Huntsville is my go-to place for outdoor gear. Very good selection of camping, skiing, canoeing, and biking gear. Want stands out is the quality of staff knowledge. Seems the folks who work here, actually get outdoors and walk the walk.

Worthwhile to visit and window shop.

1  Thank DecoDoppler

Great observation DecoDoppler, many if not all of our staff do indeed "walk the walk" as you put it. We love many of the adventures and activities that the gear we sell facilitate. If your ever looking for something to do for the day just drop in, we have lots of suggestions and often hold weekly events right at our downtown Huntsville store. Hope to see you back again soon.